Old 05-31-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
Night-1991
Account Banned

Default Underrated Adverts

Now, you know when you see good adverts, well written ones pushed right down to the bottom because of annoyingly bad adverts?.

I'd of thought the Ad of the Month Sticky would fix that. But it doesn't seem like anyone reads it.

So i'm asking if it's possible that the adverts in the Ad of the Month can become stickys or if the Ad of the Month thread could be highlighted in someway that people will read it?
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Though it is a good idea in theory, In practice I am not sure how well it would work. Many of the people who need to read such threads as the ads of the month to get their ads up to scratch do not reads the stickies provided anyway. And even to go as far as to make it like terms and conditions pages which you need to read and click an "I accept" ect button people will do what a lot of us do and skip through the text and click the button anyway. The biggest problem is that these people are lazy, no other way of putting it, there is very little that can actually be done.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Night-1991
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
. The biggest problem is that these people are lazy, no other way of putting it, there is very little that can actually be done.
Sadly that's the case. And thus....how bad adverts get wrote.
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

while i understand the point you have i would say people that really search for good ads will find Chloés ads of the months thread and people that dont take that time to have a look may not be the best option for someone taking the time to write a good ad... at least that is how i see it...

oh and btw moved to suggestion
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Stickies are like rules... not everyone read them before posting lol

I'm not really worried at the moment about the fact that not everyone have noticed the post because I made it less than 2 weeks ago. And it already has +500 views so I guess it's not bad

When I had the idea for the Ads of the Month it was mostly to try to give a little bit more visibility to those who put more effort in it. It's true that now the ads go way down very quickly and with the bumping rule it's easier for someone who hasn't put much info to bump it with additional stuff than someone who has already included all there was to say in their OP

I guess we'll see with time how it works.. last year when I made Thread of Notes I thought no one except a few had noticed it and now I see quite a few users with the link their sigs... I already linked Ads of the Month in mine and maybe some others will follow
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote