Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 12-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #16
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

One year later and I kinda want to re-opening this thread... Or not, if no one replies.

But I just wanted to say that the cooldown for the report button (for thread and posts) is a turn off, to me. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way. I am happy to try to keep the sub-forums as clean as possible, especially the dare section where people just keep asking for dares.

To place some pillars under these to me heavy characters, I counted all the wrong posted thread in the dare sub-forum on page 2. These dares are all at least two days old, so they should've been removed the sub-forum if reported, or at least I would think so.

Turns out, 8 out of 27 threads should not be posted in the dare sub-forum; 30%. In addition, keep in mind that some threads probably are already reported and removed , so I think about 40% is wrongfully posted in this dare sub-section.

Threads which I selected: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

So isn't there any way to remove the 60 seconds delay for the report button for a selected group of people. Or even better, to select a (smaller) group of people who are able to move or the threads to either the correct sub-forum or the trash can.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 12-14-2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: "One your later and ..." added
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #17
inferiorwhiteboi
getDare Devil

As somebody who submits reports, I totally understand why the cooldown can be an annoyance. I'm also pretty sure that it won't go away, because one of the reasons that it's in place is to stop/slow down/annoy people (Person A) that are using that feature to wrongly report other users (Person B - who did nothing wrong), just because Person A is pissed at Person B for some silly reason or other.

My suggestion / work-around: Multiple browser tabs. Keep whatever it is that you want to report open in it's own browser tab, then send report & close tab periodically.
Bunny says, "Bye bye!"
inferiorwhiteboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #18
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferiorwhiteboi View Post
My suggestion / work-around: Multiple browser tabs. Keep whatever it is that you want to report open in it's own browser tab, then send report & close tab periodically.
That's exactly how I report the threads. Just a quick scan of my page, clicking all possibly wrong threads and report then after confirmation. But it annoys me more that all those people just post wherever they like. Then I look at the person's account and see they he/ she posted the same kind of thread in the wrong sub-forum before. Are they not smart enough to even notice that they did something wrong? No offense to anyone who posted multiple times wrongfully, though.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #19
Lacram
Mystery Man

Now that depp is back, can we revive this, please?
Waiting a minute between reports (30 seconds when reporting profiles) is a pain in the ass when you stumble across multiple posts that you want to report.
Lacram is offline   Reply With Quote