Old 04-02-2022, 06:44 PM   #1
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Default Subscriptions

I was recently asked about subscriptions and the details so I thought I would quote Depp here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
Do you love getDare? Want to keep it alive?

Subscribe for $15 a year or $3.50 a month. You get the ability to change your user title, extra PM storage, and additional attachment space. It also helps us pay the dang bills! Running this site is expensive and it does not turn a profit. Please help us stay alive!

See all the subscription plans here: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/payments.php

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 02:42 AM   #2
FrostbittenSoul
Dungeon Master

I just signed on for the next 5 years for $35USD ... I think that is a fantastic deal for how great the site is and how well it is monitored ... jump on board people, and support the future of getDare.
FrostbittenSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 01:46 PM   #3
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Actually, that is really not much. I expected it to be worse. And now, that I am not a poor student any more but actually do make some money, I think I could support this site.
I am not happy with all the decisions you make. But I have to say, overall, you all (admins and mods) make a very good job. So thank you for all the effort and love you put into this project. This site is by far the best exchange site I found so far.
And I know, it also costs some money to get and keep such a site up and running. Although, servers are getting cheaper and cheaper nowadays, but still, providing a good and smooth experience for so many users it not for nothing, and its also quite some work to keep it up to date.

What happens actually with the PMs over the maximum of 670, when the subscription runs out? Are they deleted? Can you just not receive any more? Is there a notification, before the subscription runs out?

Be careful: Long Term, Denial/forced Orgasm, Cum Eating, Poo, Heavy Pain, Rules, Bladder Control

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Non-Consensual, Public, Shaving, Sissification, Time Wasting

Toys: Ropes, Whips, Clothpins, Plugs, ...

Manarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:14 PM   #4
Manarus
Distinguished Member

I have another question actually: Do you plan to include other payment methods than paypal? Maybe some more anonymous options? Crypto currencies would be a good choice. You could generate a code for the profile (like a procurement number), and when you send crypto currencies to the getdare wallet, you give the procurement number and your profile will be upgraded. Upgrading the profile could also be a manual or semi-automated process. Not sure if there are good automation solutions, but I guess there must be.

I saw that you also can pay with paypal as guest, but still I must give my name, I guess. Since the subscription is self renewing I guess you need to save the payment details. Is it possible to end the subscription after the payment and will the data be deleted from the server again (in order to prevent hackers getting the name, e.g.)?

I know, for most people that might not really be relevant, but for some it will. And maybe another payment option could increase the number of subscriptions

PS: Actually, here is an example: https://killbill.io/solutions/ They can manage subscriptions, and include both paypal and crypto currencies as payment options. Disclaimer: This is an example I just found by quickly searching in the internet. I have absolutely no experience with it and maybe it is completely stupid, or there are way better options available. Who knows. One would need to do a deeper research and do a test run. (And I don't even know if they also support crypto currencies that are actually privacy protecting, not just bitcoin, which is very transparent.)

Be careful: Long Term, Denial/forced Orgasm, Cum Eating, Poo, Heavy Pain, Rules, Bladder Control

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Non-Consensual, Public, Shaving, Sissification, Time Wasting

Old 04-04-2022, 03:11 PM   #5
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarus View Post

What happens actually with the PMs over the maximum of 670, when the subscription runs out? Are they deleted? Can you just not receive any more? Is there a notification, before the subscription runs out?
They arent deleted, your inbox is just full and you can't receive any more until you either delete enough to go below the number for the normal limit or you pay for a new subscription.

Yes you get a reminder email before your subscription is set to renew.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 04-04-2022, 03:12 PM   #6
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Depp controls the subscription types and payment options. I will let him read and respond when he is around.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 04-04-2022, 03:26 PM   #7
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Depp controls the subscription types and payment options. I will let him read and respond when he is around.
Perfect, thank you Butterfly!

And also thanks for your answer regarding the subscription!

Old 04-05-2022, 01:42 AM   #8
Cstelle
gD Curio

Default Subscription

I had completely forgotten about subscriptions...! I do remember that I considered it in 2014 when I joined but I had some practical issues with the payment method... and then I forgot all about it!

gD has become less important in my life during the past few years (you are all getting to be so young!) and it is quite possible that I will fade away completely - but today I made a 5-year subscription (even though I don't need that extra PM space or the possibility of changing my user title (I already have a fixed, self-selected, perfect one: gD Curio!)).

I just wanted to mention this in order to keep the subscription thought alive.

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.
Cstelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 08:19 AM   #9
FrostbittenSoul
Dungeon Master

Don't have anything to add ... just wanted to bump this to see it gets more attention.
FrostbittenSoul is offline   Reply With Quote