Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 07:14 PM   #16
depp
SysOp

You can see recent unread posts by clicking "Unread Posts" at the top of the forums.

I had to remove those thread listings from the front page (good catch!) for a while because it relies on some code that can't be migrated. It will return at some point. Sorry!

Also, this is kinda big news. getDare and KinkTalk will go offline at 5:00pm PDT on Thursday May 11th. We will be offline for a number of hours while we migrate to a new server and I fix up some minor stuff that will inevitably break. DON'T WORRY! Your stuff is safe! The old server will also stick around for a while just in case anything seriously crazy happens. I'll also see if I can get https (hello NSA!) working during this time... but no promises. Worst case we will get it a little later on.

Sorry about the downtime and site flakiness folks. We are so far into obsolete territory that not doing anything could mean death.

Last edited by depp; 05-02-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:30 PM   #17
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
You can see recent unread posts by clicking "Unread Posts" at the top of the forums.

I had to remove those thread listings from the front page (good catch!) for a while because it relies on some code that can't be migrated. It will return at some point. Sorry!

Also, this is kinda big news. getDare and KinkTalk will go offline at 5:00pm PDT on Wednesday March 2nd. We will be offline for a number of hours while we migrate to a new server and I fix up some minor stuff that will inevitably break. DON'T WORRY! Your stuff is safe! The old server will also stick around for a while just in case anything seriously crazy happens. I'll also see if I can get https (hello NSA!) working during this time... but no promises. Worst case we will get it a little later on.

Sorry about the downtime and site flakiness folks. We are so far into obsolete territory that not doing anything could mean death.
I am guessing you meant May 2nd!!!

Death is not an option! Thanks for keeping us alive.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Old 05-01-2018, 09:40 PM   #18
depp
SysOp

Quick update. The down time has been moved to Thursday of next week. I’ll post another update before then.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #19
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

I wasn't gonna comment on the month as I figured it was a simple typo. Depp usually has more to worry about than a simple month...unless he was meaning next year...:P

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:16 PM   #20
depp
SysOp

Some weird news. The company that manages the physical server for me is being super flakey in scheduling a hardware migration. It WILL happen but I'm super busy and they keep backing out of our agreed times. This is going to go forward but it will be sudden and spur of the moment. getDare may just go down for a few hours randomly in the next couple weeks. Sorry I can't provider better notice. After this hardware migration I'll be able to do some cool stuff with the software part.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:40 AM   #21
Lacram
Mystery Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
Some weird news. The company that manages the physical server for me is being super flakey in scheduling a hardware migration. It WILL happen but I'm super busy and they keep backing out of our agreed times. This is going to go forward but it will be sudden and spur of the moment. getDare may just go down for a few hours randomly in the next couple weeks. Sorry I can't provider better notice. After this hardware migration I'll be able to do some cool stuff with the software part.
Are there any news on this?
Old 06-19-2018, 11:08 AM   #22
cloudness
getDare Sweetheart

Been honest, I would revamp the entire code, also have you considered getting rid of chat? and having discord embedded in the forums instead?
Old 06-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #23
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudness View Post
Been honest, I would revamp the entire code, also have you considered getting rid of chat? and having discord embedded in the forums instead?
Discord sucks! I honestly do not understand it at all.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Old 06-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #24
cloudness
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Discord sucks! I honestly do not understand it at all.
it's takes sometime to get use to, but its pretty great, you can text, voice and cam, make your own server all sorts! its great for gaming as well ^^
Old 07-20-2018, 12:54 AM   #25
ididi

Thank you for finally using https!
Old 02-26-2021, 01:27 AM   #26
Asdawe1
Account Banned

damn you right sorry