Old 05-22-2019, 04:04 AM   #1
Mreow
getDare Sweetheart

Default How long can I keep a buttplug in?

You may have seen kinky videos of people wearing butt plugs to all sorts of public places such as to work, to school, in a shopping mall, and many others. This might look like fun, but you should be very careful when trying to emulate what you see in these videos, because excessively prolonged use of a butt plug may be detrimental to your health.

It is widely accepted as a basic guideline that you should not keep a butt plug in for more than 2-3 hours at a time, even if it feels comfortable. The walls of your rectum, and especially the area in and around your sphincter, are prone to having decreased blood flow when pressure is applied for long periods of time. This may lead to damage to your rectum and even cause ulcers.

It should go without saying that if you feel any pain or discomfort of any kind, you should immediately pull the plug out. Many people try to grit their teeth and endure this sort of pain, thinking that it will quickly go away and everything will be fine. Though the pain may well go away after a certain period, there can still be damage caused by your plug. Even though it is likely that you will do no serious damage, you should never take risks with your health.

The area located 2-3 inches inside your rectum has no pain receptors, so even if you don’t feel any pain, the area may still be in distress. That is why you should keep your plug play limited to the recommended amount of time, just as a precaution. If you insist on taking your plug on an adventure with you, you should make sure you have a place where you can take it out if needed, and especially after the 2-3 hour period has elapsed. It is probably a good idea to also have a place where you can hide the plug (other than up your butt!), should you need to take it out. Remember to clean the plug immediately after use even if you are away from home.

Do not let this discourage you from taking your plug out into the wild. Just make sure you plan ahead so you are able to take it out and clean it without being seen.

Some people have tried to leave their plugs in while they sleep, and it is very important to single this out as an absolutely terrible idea. In the 7-8 hours you spend asleep, your pain receptors will be shut off, so you will have no way to tell what damage has been caused by the plug until after you’ve woken up.

(source : https://loveplugs.eu/pages/how-long-can-you-keep-it-in )
Mreow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:01 AM   #2
Butterfly's Prisoner
Account Banned

I very strongly doubt the bit about "pain detectors are shut off while you are asleep", which sounds completely baseless to me. Try pinching someone while they sleep and find out whether they feel pain or not.

That said, keep in mind that you don't really have nociceptors (pain receptors) inside your rectum, so you don't really have a way to know if a plug is hurting your insides or not. What you can actually feel is the stretching (sometimes painful) in your skin and the muscles of your anus, but I'm fairly sure that doesn't go away while you sleep.

Edit: just checked it with a doctor friend of mine. His answer was, literally, "the only way to ignore nociceptor signals is to be in a coma".

Likes: anal, toothpaste, enemas, feet, edging, creative dares, trying out new stuff.
Dislikes/punishments: pee drinking, heavy anal, pain, long dares.
Limits: scat eating, public, friends/family/work, needles, extreme pain, blood play, face pictures, crossdressing.

Last edited by Butterfly's Prisoner; 05-22-2019 at 05:07 AM.
Butterfly's Prisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:39 AM   #3
Everill
getDare Devil

As long as you remove it every 2-3 hours to keep the blood circulating and you keep it properly lubed there shouldn't be any problems unless you have any medical problems.

For long term wear I would say that metal and glass plugs are best as they still remain slippy without much lube whereas silicon toys will absorb the lube and dry out.

Most of the time it's about knowing your limits.

Master of chaotic energies in atleast 9 of the dimensions

Kinks

Blog O' Rules

Information

Dice Dares

Ultimate kink list

UwU what's this

Everill is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk