Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Kink and Education

Old 05-02-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
ChaseKinky

Default Help! Non-consensual blackmail

I have been talking to a domme for a while now, and recently she just asked for money ($100). I refused and she threatens to expose me.. I think she is bluffing but she does have my phone number. She says she can get my contacts and address thought the number and I was wondering if I should be worried or if she is trying to pull a fast one on me..? Please help!

Likes/Dislikes/Limits
ChaseKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

First I'm very sorry this has happened to you. You are 100% right not to give her money and if you know any details about her then give serious consideration to reporting the matter to the police. Blackmail without consent isn't a game, it's a crime. The more you play along the more blackmail material is gathered and the worse things get, stopping contact may be tricky but is the right thing to do.

As far as the potential exposure goes you have a right to be worried particularly if you've given her more than your phone number which could then be posted. As far as the phone number goes there's a number of free reverse phone lookup services that could be worth looking at online (Google). While this isn't possible in the UK I believe it could be possible in the US if you've given her a house phone number (if it's mobile google your own phone number to see if anything comes up). Although it's not impossible for a phone number to unearth a treasure trove of information it's unlikely, and the tools most people have to do so are freely available through a Google Search. All chances are is that not only is she a terrible human being she's also pulling a fast one as you suspect, but it's still worth double checking to know for yourself.

Either way, if you do find she could have information or not, remember that going any deeper into the blackmail arrangement only makes things worse for you. If they ask once they'll ask again, and usually with more money. Again sorry this has happened to you and good luck!
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #3
poiuytrewqasdfghjkl

It is plausible but highly unlikely she will be able to get the information she is suggesting. (I am UK based and understand things may be slightly different in the US but in general this is refering to the technology so should be accurate).
A phone number is used similar to an address to help locate and direct traffic. The address for a given phone number will only be held by the carrier and anywhere you have given both prices on information together, for example banks ect. In all these cases one is to assume the data is being held securely so gaining access to it is improbable.

As for your contacts about 10-15 years ago before the advent of the cloud and smart phones the majority of contact information was held LOCALLY on some cards. This was done as a way to make changing phones simpler. With the advent of smart phones and the cloud the default is to now save the contacts onto the phone. In both these cases the data is not held by the aim carrier and in the case of the cloud the second authentication factor is normally owning the phone number. Now it is possible to spoof a phone number and hack this method of authentication although it has been around long enough now that most major players, Google, apple ect, have fixed this to some extent.

So the simple answer is no she will not be able to get your address and contacts just from your phone number. And even if she could the amount of time and effort and technical know-how to do so would result in it not making sense that she would need to be blackmailing you.

However that doesn't mean all is well and good. There are still some other ways your phone number could give some one the information above. These will revolve around you also giving away other information. For example with your phone number and some information about you as a person one may be able to login to your WhatsApp account. After that I would have most your contacts and could probably socially engineer my way to your address. On the flip side unless I know enough to guess your password pretty quickly you would know k was attempting this and coojld easily stop it.

Other forms to do this would be phoning up your cell phone carrier and trying to get them to give me the information re your address. Again this would require gross negligence on your carriers part so is unlikely.

Conclusion:

Ignoring and blocking her is probably the best way to go. If she does have your phone number and embarrassing information she can. Definitely post this online. Even target it to show up more within your local area. However, the only way to stop this would be to actively monitor Google searches of your number and try to remove them quickly. DMCA should mean you have no issues with this. As for hacking your phone contacts and address as mentioned above doing only from your phone number is plausible on a research level for some very skilled hackers who do this thing for a living and unlikely to be part of the skill set for a blackmailer. Finally, she could try to actually hack your phone. This is why blocking is necessary anything she sends you from now on, text, websites, images or files could be some form.of virus to enable a backdoor into your phone. Security on smartphones is questionable at best. As such downloading an antivirus for your phone is also recommended.

Hopefully this makes sense. When I am less drunk I may remember to come back and edit this into better English. Hope it helps.

Likes: edging, tease and denial, humiliation, cbt, bondage and messy.

Limits: family, illegal, exposure, face pics, scat, blood, piss drinking
poiuytrewqasdfghjkl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk