Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 11:55 PM   #1
Victoria85
getDare Devil

Default Gender Equality

I want to talk about Gender Equality on this forum.

First off in the category Nudity, Female Nipples are banned, but males aren't.

This while the forum holds a strict 18+ age limit already, in which 3rd world are nipples still considered nudity and has the audicity to discrimate still on Gender on that?

If nipples are not okay, I plead for male nipples not okay either. We are all human, no matter which Gender you are or like to be and we should all be judged as the same. It also makes everything a lot more clear when I get to my second point.

Gender!
I had been told by a mod that if I switch my Gender to Female, which I can in The Netherlands, if I wish to do so, without any surgery. I would still be considered as a Male here at least in regards to the rules. That I find really really outrageous.

If I post here as Victoria, which I mostly do, I would at the very least expect to be treated as a She.
Punishments: pee, enemas, humiliation, exposure, diapers
Limits: Face, Scat, Full public
Full l/l | PM Dares | Toys | Rules

Xena is the word.
The following 5 users say Thank You to Victoria85 for this post:
Old 02-01-2021, 01:32 AM   #2
Gitano
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria85 View Post
I want to talk about Gender Equality on this forum.

First off in the category Nudity, Female Nipples are banned, but males aren't.

This while the forum holds a strict 18+ age limit already, in which 3rd world are nipples still considered nudity and has the audicity to discrimate still on Gender on that?

If nipples are not okay, I plead for male nipples not okay either. We are all human, no matter which Gender you are or like to be and we should all be judged as the same. It also makes everything a lot more clear when I get to my second point.

Gender!
I had been told by a mod that if I switch my Gender to Female, which I can in The Netherlands, if I wish to do so, without any surgery. I would still be considered as a Male here at least in regards to the rules. That I find really really outrageous.

If I post here as Victoria, which I mostly do, I would at the very least expect to be treated as a She.
You know this is an US hosted site? it’s just there are some laws they have to deal with and worry about which we in The Netherlands would not even think about being a problem.

I understand your frustration, but you can’t blame this site for it.

Likes (Will do if able)
Spanking, Punishments, Humiliation, Writing (lines, reports etc.), Pictures (no face), chastity

Dislikes (Will do as punishment for failing a dare)
Body writing, Long term, Denial.

Limits (Will not do)
Public, mouthsoaping, Permanent, CBT, Sleeping dares, anything illegal, pee/poop.
The following user says Thank You to Gitano for this post:
Old 02-01-2021, 03:24 AM   #3
Victoria85
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitano View Post
You know this is an US hosted site? it’s just there are some laws they have to deal with and worry about which we in The Netherlands would not even think about being a problem.

I understand your frustration, but you can’t blame this site for it.
I think you are completely missing the point.
If you are forced to uphold a specific rule, make it apply to every gender instead of discriminating against one.
And respect every gender and the role he/she/they have.

Xena is the word.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:08 AM   #4
PissBoi
Distinguished Member

Quote:
If you are forced to uphold a specific rule, make it apply to every gender instead of discriminating against one.
You need to understand two vital things. Firstly. There is a difference between anatomy and gender. As you stated, the Netherlands does not require you to have surgery to be considered the gender you want to be. Quite frankly, no one on this site has said that you arent a female if that's the gender that you identify with. Or if you identify as a male, no one has said that your not that gender. This is a US Hosted site and simply law considers the female breast as nudity.

Heres the second thing you need to get into your head. I'm not the President of America. Nor is Depp. Butterfly and Lola arent the Vice President and we arent a Government. We do not decide the law and we do not decide the status quo in the world. Were simply ensuring that you, as well as all users follow this simple basic law.
The above are piss shots that I owe Getdare. In order to count, I must be observed drinking them so message me on Skype and tell me that you're willing to watch me and I will drink some piss shots for you!
Last Five Observers Were:
Youngladuk (29), Fruitlessventure (40), Domsub (10), Babygirlblackout (20), Kitsune (30)

Commenting on my Ask Me Anything thread or my Dare Thread, or doing a PM Dare will add Piss Shots to my counter!
The following 3 users say Thank You to PissBoi for this post:
Old 02-01-2021, 07:36 AM   #5
Gitano
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
It’s not me missing the point here

I understand your frustration, but you might make more of a problem out of it then it should be. You are dutch, i am dutch.. we have some freedom in acting in our country, but that applies to our country.. if you are a guest in an another country, you have to follow the rules of that country.. since this site is a US hosted site they have to follow US rules and laws.. nothing this site can do about. So you are attacking the wrong people here. Complain to the US government to start change.. but that might not that easy. They are pretty conservative..

I’m not attacking you. Just trying to help you understand i hope..

Likes (Will do if able)
Spanking, Punishments, Humiliation, Writing (lines, reports etc.), Pictures (no face), chastity

Limits (Will not do)
Public, mouthsoaping, Permanent, CBT, Sleeping dares, anything illegal, pee/poop.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:37 AM   #6
Gitano
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissBoi View Post
You need to understand two vital things. Firstly. There is a difference between anatomy and gender. As you stated, the Netherlands does not require you to have surgery to be considered the gender you want to be. Quite frankly, no one on this site has said that you arent a female if that's the gender that you identify with. Or if you identify as a male, no one has said that your not that gender. This is a US Hosted site and simply law considers the female breast as nudity.

Heres the second thing you need to get into your head. I'm not the President of America. Nor is Depp. Butterfly and Lola arent the Vice President and we arent a Government. We do not decide the law and we do not decide the status quo in the world. Were simply ensuring that you, as well as all users follow this simple basic law.
That is what i meant with my comment. Hope this clarifies it more :-)

Likes (Will do if able)

Limits (Will not do)
Old 02-01-2021, 08:08 AM   #7
Victoria85
getDare Devil

Quote:

And you don't get it either. You mean CIS Female Breast in that case.
Gender vs Cisgender!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitano View Post
It’s not me missing the point here

I understand your frustration, but you might make more of a problem out of it then it should be. You are dutch, i am dutch.. we have some freedom in acting in our country, but that applies to our country.. if you are a guest in an another country, you have to follow the rules of that country.. since this site is a US hosted site they have to follow US rules and laws.. nothing this site can do about. So you are attacking the wrong people here. Complain to the US government to start change.. but that might not that easy. They are pretty conservative..

I’m not attacking you. Just trying to help you understand i hope..

No I am talking mostly about Gender Equality! Same rights for every gender and maybe that might limit Non Cis Female's a bit. But it brings equality amongst gender!
And that Gender itself is respected and not the one assigned at birth!

Xena is the word.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:19 AM   #8
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

I am German and i am used to there being a chance of some topless woman on national tv in some afternoon flick without people careing.
Being nude is allowed anywhere at any time by any gender (unless you do it to haress someone sexualy).
And my personal believe is that people should be allowed to wear as little or as much as they feel like at any point no matter the gender... And that this censor idea gets super muddy with trans women or man.
When does the growing breast of a trans women count as "physically female" or a breast of a trans male as "physically male".
I am personally fully on your side there Victoria.

That said, as others have stated the problem is that this is not the law of getdare... Changing would require for politics to change
Old 02-01-2021, 08:29 AM   #9
Victoria85
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I am German and i am used to there being a chance of some topless woman on national tv in some afternoon flick without people careing.
Being nude is allowed anywhere at any time by any gender (unless you do it to haress someone sexualy).
And my personal believe is that people should be allowed to wear as little or as much as they feel like at any point no matter the gender... And that this censor idea gets super muddy with trans women or man.
When does the growing breast of a trans women count as "physically female" or a breast of a trans male as "physically male".
I am personally fully on your side there Victoria.

That said, as others have stated the problem is that this is not the law of getdare... Changing would require for politics to change
Yes indeed and if we want to be better and more free thinking and are opposed of discrimination, sadly the only right course of action, should in my humble opinion be to make it equal for all Genders.

So no Nipples at all if you want to adhere to the US politics.

That way every Gender is equal and equally respected, no matter if you are cis, transitioned, fluid or ...

Xena is the word.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:42 AM   #10
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

Quote:
So no Nipples at all if you want to adhere to the US politics.

That way every Gender is equal and equally respected, no matter if you are cis, transitioned, fluid or ...
I see your point and i have made similar arguments in the past about other subjects, so yes that would be fair...
but i am also against more censorship, just to bring a point across.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #11
PissBoi
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Gender vs Cisgender!

No I am talking mostly about Gender Equality! Same rights for every gender and maybe that might limit Non Cis Female's a bit. But it brings equality amongst gender!
And that Gender itself is respected and not the one assigned at birth!
You may remember that when I sent you the message that I did, I told you that I don't believe female breasts should constitute nudity. I actually told you that I straight up agreed with you on that topic - but as I and several others have attempted to explain, we do not make the law and therefore this isn't something we can change.

You're asking us to ban males from posting shirtless photos? Am I right in thinking that's the outcome you wish to achieve?

Quote:
Gender vs Cisgender!
Once again, anatomy is not the same as gender. A female breast is just that. It's a female breast. Now I understand believing your in the wrong body, and wanting to change that - but until that body has had surgery on it, it's a female breast. It might be a male inside; but it's a male inside a female body. On this site, due to no fault of my own - a female breast breaks the nudity rule.

It's the exact same as Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Bebo and many more. It's not like we're a small corner of the internet discriminating by following the law! This is the way it is. If you dislike that, then that's a challenge to put to the governments of the world, not this site sadly. We must continue to uphold the law whether we agree with it or not!
The above are piss shots that I owe Getdare. In order to count, I must be observed drinking them so message me on Skype and tell me that you're willing to watch me and I will drink some piss shots for you!
Youngladuk (29), Fruitlessventure (40), Domsub (10), Babygirlblackout (20), Kitsune (30)

Commenting on my Ask Me Anything thread or my Dare Thread, or doing a PM Dare will add Piss Shots to my counter!
Old 02-01-2021, 11:36 AM   #12
Victoria85
getDare Devil

Quote:
You may remember that when I sent you the message that I did, I told you that I don't believe female breasts should constitute nudity. I actually told you that I straight up agreed with you on that topic - but as I and several others have attempted to explain, we do not make the law and therefore this isn't something we can change.

You're asking us to ban males from posting shirtless photos? Am I right in thinking that's the outcome you wish to achieve?

Once again, anatomy is not the same as gender. A female breast is just that. It's a female breast. Now I understand believing your in the wrong body, and wanting to change that - but until that body has had surgery on it, it's a female breast. It might be a male inside; but it's a male inside a female body. On this site, due to no fault of my own - a female breast breaks the nudity rule.

It's the exact same as Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Bebo and many more. It's not like we're a small corner of the internet discriminating by following the law! This is the way it is. If you dislike that, then that's a challenge to put to the governments of the world, not this site sadly. We must continue to uphold the law whether we agree with it or not!

Oh Christ really, stop using Genders here. You have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, start reading into genders and the hurtful things you are saying now.

Xena is the word.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:50 AM   #13
PissBoi
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Oh Christ really, stop using Genders here. You have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, start reading into genders and the hurtful things you are saying now.
We've attempted to have a discussion about this, I as have several others have explained the sites situation of needing to uphold the law. I've asked you about what you wish for a potential solution, and we're simply getting no where.

Female breasts is counted as nudity. We do not have your ID on file, therefore we can not allow that to be posted on here. There's nothing more to say. Thread closed.

Old 02-01-2021, 07:41 PM   #14
depp
SysOp

Hey folks! Unlocking this thread because I saw something that really bothered me.

Quote:
Going forward I will make it clear that getDare's policy is to honor the gender self identified in user profiles.

Hosting user submitted images is a very complicated situation legally, and unfortunately exposes us to risk. For most of our history we simply banned all photos to avoid these complications and I'm not opposed to going back for sake of simplicity.

I completely understand and share your concern about gender inequality. I regret that at this time, the best solution seems to be to ban photos containing male and female nipples, acknowledging that the attitudes of regulators do not align with our shared morals and none of us want getDare to be shut down.

If this ends up being too complicated or controversial I may go back to a no photos policy. This place is about chatting and community; photos are a distraction from our purpose.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:46 PM   #15
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

I just want to echo Depp's sentiments that I, as a mod, have always believed that you can choose whichever gender you identify as without restriction. I have always fought against people who have made comments about males "faking" or pretending to be female. If you want to be identified as female, nobody should be able to tell you that you can't.

I do however want it to be known that I am not encouraging people to "catfish" others or to mislead people for personal gain.

As for nudity, I have always expressed what the rules were, and while I have not always agreed, I try my hardest to treat everybody as fairly as possible within the constraints that the rules have allowed. Depp is the owner of this site and his word is law. The mods and admins just try our best to work within the parameters that are set out.

This is not an easy job. It is sometimes an exhausting, hard and thankless job. But I want to thank each and every one of the mods and admins who step up to do this job. And I want to thank Depp for continuing to do updates and do what he can to run getDare when he is already super busy doing other things.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

The following 5 users say Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Closed Thread