Old 11-06-2021, 10:20 PM   #1
EmmaBlack3662

Default User Verification

I'll start by saying that this idea will have a lot of moderation involved (sorry!).

I'm active on FetLife and they recently added a thing to allow user account verification without the need for an ID. It was a 4-step process (all in a single page 1>2>3>4 form).

Step 1: Seek verification.
Step 2: Upload a photo that includes your face/upper body/both arms/hands making "devil horns" with your fingers above your head. (photo is private to site mods, for those who don't wish to share their face but would like a verified account)
Step 3: Upload a photo that includes your face and both arms/hands holding a piece of paper with a code on it. Obviously this code should not be related to user ID or anything like that, and should be randomly generated when the verification request is created. (photo is private to site mods, for those who don't wish to share their face but would like a verified account)
Step 4: Wait for verification. Most importantly, this process must be completed within 10 minutes, to avoid spoofing. (at least the uploading process should have the time limit, actual mod review and verification could take longer, of course).

Just a thought to add a level of "trust", I guess, for lack of a better term - to show those that would be more likely to complete tasks or serve in their respective role.

Last edited by EmmaBlack3662; 11-06-2021 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added clarification to the last sentence, added clarification that photos would be private to site mods
EmmaBlack3662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 10:46 PM   #2
slaveboy82
getDare Sweetheart

I think something like this would be an awesome way to verify. A one time verification to the moderators or staf would be a great thing for people to prove they are real.
slaveboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 11:13 PM   #3
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

As far as I know, Depp (the site owner) is not a huge fan of photos in general on getdare and has never really thought verification is something that is needed.

Personally, I do this job as a volunteer and am one of the only consistently active mods at this time. I really don't have the time to be also taking on verification of users.

I also think it will add on another level of district. If somebody chooses not to verify for some reason, they will automatically be accused of being a fake. As a female on this site, one who doesnt do cam, I have been accused of this many times. There are many legit reasons for people to not want to verify. And just because I am a mod, doesn't mean I am anymore trustworthy than anybody else. We don't have a special vetting or verification process to become a mod so why should we be trusted with 100s of people's photos?

That's just my two cents.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Old 11-07-2021, 01:57 AM   #4
EmmaBlack3662

All good points, and I expected mods to be completely volunteer so one of my first thoughts is that there simply wouldn't be a person power to do this anyway.

Certainly that "little check mark" makes some division even on places like Twitter or Twitch and everywhere else, and since this is such a diverse environment of people, I can see how it could certainly be seen as just another wedge.

We're all here for fun at the end of the day and this really is a quite diverse place. I knew it would be a long shot anyway, just posing the idea, but... yeah... maybe not the best idea I've ever had. I mean, I think the idea has merit, but... yeah... not in this venue.
EmmaBlack3662 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to EmmaBlack3662 for this post:
Old 11-07-2021, 03:43 AM   #5
theexplorer

It would be nice to have a verification process, maybe just a photo without face with a sign so people know that they are real chatting with someone of the said gender.
theexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 04:45 AM   #6
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexplorer View Post
It would be nice to have a verification process, maybe just a photo without face with a sign so people know that they are real chatting with someone of the said gender.
In a world with more than two gender identities, this is a lot more complicated.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote