Old 09-29-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
Devi Dasa

Default How to write a signature?

That is a problem I always struggled with. Years ago and now as I'm back to gd probably even more.

I think like many people that are more on the insecure or introvert side, it is difficult to write about yourself without anyone asking for it.

Is there a guideline somewhere in the forum (which is also up to date)? If not I'd like to write one with your help.

I'll keep this post updated with notes collected from your answer and when we got enough, I'll make it into a proper post.

This should also help to give a useful standard of information. You know, so people don't have to search for ages to find the most basic information about you.

Age and gender and maybe location are usually the go to place. Is there a reason not to include that?

Stating likes, dislikes and limits. Lucky you who can just write them down and they actually fit with who you are.

What do you think is the purpose of the signature beyond that?
Devi Dasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

Great thread idea.
Signature:
  • Basic personal info: age, gender, orientation?, looking for:___ (never reveal birthdate - its security info)
  • Might use to record counters of tasks you have under way at the time
  • Then likes/limits if concise, else link to complete version
  • PM dares - link to this page
  • Other current info that you like to spread: about you, or about threads where you are currently active
I just rebuilt my introduction PM with links to useful Blogs, but I don't think there is anything about signatures. I might link this thread if it collects useful info.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
Cstelle
gD Curio

My suggestion: look at other people's .sigs and borrow, lend, steal - and season to your own taste

I've found that the best result in this (as in so much else) comes with time. Just start somewhere (anywhere) - and keep improving it!

(Mine is almost perfect now )

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.
Cstelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
tomasz.rodent
getDare Devil

I will suggest location is quite an important info. You don't have to reveal country, but because of time difference it is harder to play USA-Europe-Australia, than Europe-Europe.

Likes: control (cumming, edging, jerking-off, JOI, denial/chastity), torture (ballbusting, CBT, nipples) [for beginners or experience ones], sometimes exercises and more.

I do NOT do blackmail. I sometimes exposure willing models pics/vids. If you want your pic/vid exposed by me require obvious and clear consent.
tomasz.rodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:41 AM   #5
Devi Dasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstelle View Post
My suggestion: look at other people's .sigs and borrow, lend, steal - and season to your own taste

I've found that the best result in this (as in so much else) comes with time. Just start somewhere (anywhere) - and keep improving it!

(Mine is almost perfect now )
For the likes/limits etc it might be quite useful to have a as complete as possible list of all kinks. I'm going through some signatures next week and collect what I can find and try to order it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasz.rodent View Post
I will suggest location is quite an important info. You don't have to reveal country, but because of time difference it is harder to play USA-Europe-Australia, than Europe-Europe.
True, the actual location might not me too relevant. Most conversation is English anyway and if one were to look for an offline relationship than you can easily exchange details privately.. meeting someone for a session shouldn't be based around whoever is close around I guess.
Devi Dasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:57 AM   #6
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

The single most important thing about one's signature is that the signature should contain things the user wants or needs others to know. I guess this is obvious but let me elaborate. Your signature depends on what you're interested in doing on getDare. It's easy to follow a signature guideline or to copy another user's signature but if it doesn't add any value to your signature, it's unnecessary. A few examples.
  • Putting your likes and limits in your signature if you never do/ ask for/ receive a dare. E.g. you're interested in answering truths only.
  • Putting parts of your basic information (age, sexual orientation, sizes, role, location, etc) in your signature if you're not interested in finding a D/s relation or similar.
  • Putting your contact details (e-mail, Kik, Skype, Hangout, etc) in your signature if you want all communication to take place on getDare.
I'm not trying to condemn signature guidelines because if you want or need help, use them. But don't put things in your signature that adds no value to what you want others to know about you. My signature for instance, recently I changed it to contain the necessary information for me to request dares/ tasks/ ideas without reiterating this necessary information. Anything unnecessary like my sexual orientation, role or sizes are not included.

This will result in a clean signature if you use BBCode as well.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote