Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

View Poll Results: Interested in participating in & influencing the story/weekly game outcomes??
Yes 18 90.00%
No 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #16
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

From now on, I'll be distinguishing general posts from posts describing the interplay between the students. The latter will be in bold thus:Thus. Former as normal. This will makethe thread easier to follow. I have already edited the back posts accordingly.
Greatcornbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #17
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Next morning Jane got a text from Ann. 'Can we talk? I'm a bit worried about what happened Friday.'
'Sure,' said Jane. 'Coffee in the Union Building 1 p.m.'
'See you there.'
Old 11-22-2018, 07:26 PM   #18
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Jane and Ann met up as agreed for coffee.
'Thing is,' said Ann: 'I've been having second thoughts as there's no knowing where it may lead. I've never done this before, but if I back out now all the others will think I'm a bit of a wuss. I come from a small village in the back of beyond and no brothers or sisters and no bloke has seen me naked since I was a baby, and I've not seen a naked male either, except in pix of course. And I'm nowhere near as good a games player as you are.'
'Yes, I'd not seen you around before. Are you a Fresher?'
'Yes, reading psychology. What about you?'
'Third year, reading law. In the Old Building.'
'Have you played a strip game before? '
'O yes. Not at Uni though. I played it three or four times when at school but at parties. Mixed boys and girls. I was 16 first time. Was a bit of a laugh. My best friend and I used to collude so we'd each know when the other was bluffing which gave us a huge advantage over the boys and we had other tricks like that. It could be called cheating, but we didn't care. Plus there were nearly always more boys than girls so we had an advantage there too as we'd only play if the game ended when the first person was in the buff. I never lost, though I did once have to take my bra off. The boys really got frustrated as we'd had the pants off more than one of them in earlier games and they wanted their own back. It was great fun. But if you do back off I'll not play if I'm the only girl so I'll have to back off too. I'd quite understand though.'
Ann paused.
Jane then resumed.
'Tell you what. I'll work something out with you. Say we're playing in a circle and there's one bloke between you and me. I can for instance give you a sign if I was bluffing. If he doesn't call my bluff (I can be very convincing) he's got to raise and almost certainly won't have them so you then call him and he's no chance.And I'll think of other ways to give you an advantage while you build up your confidence. I can look after myself. Worst comes to the worst I've also got a black belt in judo.'
'OK, said Ann. 'You're on.'

Old 11-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #19
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

OK all. 18 voted yes which IMO is well sufficient! More story lines re the players will follow. Meanwhile next poll (on outcome of first game) is up very soon!
Old 11-24-2018, 03:25 PM   #20
Bankerrtx01
getDare Devil

Ok I’ll see you then.

Likes and limits.
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=89045

punishments

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=89046

Pm dares: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=90704

BAN THIS ACCOUNT PLEASE
Bankerrtx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #21
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Come Friday evening Sam had gone to the Union bar for a pint before going to the Games Club which didn't start till 7 p.m. He'd had a heavy day: two lectures, three tutorials, plus an appointment with his Director of Studies. He'd got alot of work and research to do the coming week and needed to recharge his batteries. Tom came in and joined him.
"Hi Sam," he said. "Going to the Games Club?"
"Absolutely!"
"That was quite some thing you started, the strip game, last week. D'you reckon it will actually happen?"
"50-50 I'd say. I'm not interested in playing blokes only, and Alex told me Jane wouldn't play if she were the only girl. Only one way to find out, though, and I've got in a few bottles of wine just to get everyone relaxed."
"D'you fancy either of the two girls played last week?"
"Could do. They both look pretty good to me. Though I've got my own gf just now, Nicola. I don't think she's really a games player. How about you? I rather thought Jane fancied you a bit."
"Do you? I've my own gf too just now too."
"Well who knows. I'm having another pint. It's still half an hour to start time. Can I get you one too? What's yours?
"Yes thanks. Pint of Export please."
"Coming up!"
Old 11-25-2018, 07:20 PM   #22
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatcornbow View Post
Hope so. The exact details I'll not finalize till after Friday when I've seen how many have voted showing an interest, as that will give me a pointer as to how much to tweak things, but broadly each player will have a + or - modifier to the votes cast for him/her, to reflect the above including the various attributes/skills/hidden agenda of each player,as well as a random element factored in. For instance one player might have designs on another; and that as the games continue players won't want to be looking at the same loser week after week.
There'll also be a tie-breaking mechanic. All players will have a different +/- modifier. So if more than one player end up equal in the poll, the one who's the loserthat week will be theone with the most 'raw' score, i.e. the most unmodified votes from the poll. Ifthat's not clear now, it will become so soon!
Old 11-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #23
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

'OK,' said Sam. 'Time to be heading for the Club'
' Yes, it's ten to seven. Coming with you!'
The room where the Games Club played was in the Students' Union Building. When Sam and Tom got there all the others were there already except Alex, who arrived soon afterwards. They, and all the other games played all the usual games, but after an hour or so Alex started a game of Liar Dice for the six who were down for the strip game afterwards: mainly to check they all would be playing by the same rules. There is more than one version of Liar Dice. This version involves just one set of poker dice. The first person would secretly make a throw and announce what he had, which might be true or a bluff. The next person could either challenge or accept. If challenged there'd be a show down and if correct the challenger lost a life; if it was a bluff and player hadn't the dice for the call, the announcer lost one. If no challenge was made, the second player could reroll any number of dice and make a call in turn, which had to be higher than the previous player's. The next (i.e. third) player had the same option, and so on; and the dice passed round the table until eventually a challenge was made, successful ot otherwise. The highest possible hand was five aces: if bid the next player HAD to challenge. The ranking was, lowest upwards: Highest (i.e. no straight), One Pair, Two Pairs, Three of a kind, Low straight (K-9), High straight (A-10), Full House ( Three of a kind and a pair), Four of a kind, Five of a kind.The dice featured different suits so no flush nor straight flush featured at all.
The game attracted a lot of interest among the other players in the Club who wondered why the six were so intense about it. Some came round to watch. It was a tight game, which Alex won, with Jane second.
The Club room was booked 7-9.30p.m.every Friday.
So at just before 9.30 they all went to the bar for a drink before adjourning to Alex's room, which actually in another part of the same building, two floors up.

Sam then started: 'I've brought some bottles of wine, if any one wants a glass before we started.' He opened up a bottle of Rioja and put it on the side table and Alex produced some glasses. They had a short chat and introduced themselves individually to the others.
'I'm Alex, as you know. Third year, Mathematics'
'Ann. Fresher. Psychology'
'And I'm Jane. Third year. Reading Law.'
'Richard, me, also Fresher. Physics.'
'I'm the Sam who started this! Second year, Geography.'
'And I am Tom. Also second year. Chemistry. I'm hoping we'll find out more about each other soon.'
Sam and Alex laughed.

'OK. Down to the game! Now before we start,' said Alex: 'Just checking we all start wearing the same number of items. What shall we say? Six each?'
'Make it eight,' said Ann.
'I'm easy. Say we take a vote on it.'
So they did. In the end they settled on eight,with shoes and socks/stockings counting one item each. Ann said she was wearing tights so they agreed she could have a scarf to make up the number.
They drew lots and Richard was first to throw.
Sam would be next, then Jane, then Tom, then Ann, then Alex, then back to Richard again.
'Pair of Jacks. Well Sam?'

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 11-27-2018 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Amplification
Old 11-26-2018, 05:32 PM   #24
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Main story will continue. Meanwhile poll is here.

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=355362

I am not sure the optimum period to keep the poll open for best results. I have started on three days. I may tweak this for future similar polls.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:38 PM   #25
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

So far so good. Thank you all for voting. Twelve votes so far. With eighteen who responded Yes I was hoping for something like this. Interesting to see the tally when poll ends.

Good for me too, as I need to think ahead for several possible scenarios depending on the result. Far too close to call just yet! Who'll it be I wonder?
Old 11-27-2018, 07:53 PM   #26
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

'I'll take them.'
Sam paused.
'I throw three'
Another pause.
'Three Jacks. OK Jane'
Jane also paused a moment. Common sense said it was 50:50 he had made the third Jack, but she knew it was less than that.
'Challenge.'
Showdown. Sure enough just two Jacks, plus Ace, Ten, Nine.
Off came his first shoe .

The whole hand had taken scarcely a minute. Six players and eight articles each: forty-eight total; Jane (and probably most if not all of the others) reckoned there'd be an outcome in about half an hour max.

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 11-27-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #27
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

'OK' said Jane. 'So I challenged successfully so I get the dice for the next first throw? Right?'
She looked at Alex, who was the guru on the rules of most games.
'Yes that's right. But if you'd not been successful it would have been the next player, Tom to start.'
'OK.' She rolled. 'Three Kings, Tom.'
Tom looked at her. Could she be bluffing? He couldn't see why she should: no need.
'OK I'll take them.'
Tom looked at them. Two Queens plus Ace, Ten, Nine. Now what to roll? Had to be two dice without giving the game away.
'Full House. Kings over Queens.'
'Liar,' said Ann.'She'd picked up Jane's signal of course. Right shoe off Tom.
'OK Alex my roll's two tens.'
'Accepted.'
And so the game got under way. Though no obvious winner in the first few hands. Jane then lost twice in a row, and all the others except Ann lost one or two each, but no more.
All this time Sam was eyeing up both Jane and Ann. Practically ogling them in fact and Ann in particular sensed this and didn't like it. But too late to back out now. Jane sensed this too and felt slightly guilty she'd talked Ann into this. She felt somehow protective to Ann, who was an only child with no siblings, whereas she, Jane, had two brothers (plus she'd had to fight them sometimes and to learn the hard way how to give as good as she got) but no sister and she'd wished she had one. She began to formulate a Plan B.

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 11-29-2018 at 11:33 AM.
The following user says Thank You to Greatcornbow for this post:
Old 11-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #28
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

OK all. As I said, this thread is an experiment, so all feel free to comment on how you feel about it, either on this thread or via PM. Not on the poll threads though, or it will become very disjunctive.

I'll next, gradually, be introducing more background on the various players, etc., a bit at a time, depending on when I get the muse (I think it's what the Welsh call 'yr awen').

Voting I see has slowed down. Only one more in the course of day two: thirteen total so far. Could be more, but good enough even so. Will be interesting to see what it bodes for the future.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #29
Kinkygdom

willl the chapters be longer after votes?
Kinkygdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:15 AM   #30
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkygdom View Post
willl the chapters be longer after votes?
Not sure. Probably about the same. What would you prefer?

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
strip poker