Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Competitions

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #16
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

When choosing the dare of the month and writing of the month themes, I have to consider a lot of things. My main goal is to be as inclusive and fair as possible. As you might notice from other months themes, I usually give people the opportunity to submit a piece of creative writing or a blog to go with the theme.

However this month I made a choice to exclude creative writing because I wanted to focus on emotional and line writing to discuss real life struggles that people have. I knew it was a difficult topic and that some people would be breaking down walls in order to truthfully discuss these things. I know that some people when seeing the theme "struggles" would want to write about being in bondage or having to hold their bladder. And those stories would turn people on and would most likely win on a site like this. So I made the choice to not include them this time.

I agree that people can use metaphors and symbols in fiction to illustrate real life struggles. But I made the choice to not include those this time. As the person who runs this competition, that was my choice.

However there was an entry that didn't really fit into my specific criteria this month. I acknowledge that it might use metaphors and symbolism to still speak to the theme, however it didn't exactly fit the criteria. That isn't me judging something, that is a fact. But I didn't just discard that writing, I still included it in the voting.

I don't understand how that is being unfeeling or exclusive. But alas, my point still stands. I run the competition and do it to the best of my ability. If you don't like it, there is nothing forcing you to participate.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk