Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Ask me Anything (AMA)

Old 10-10-2021, 09:16 AM   #16
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

A life can be very easily destroyed and very difficult to put right. Many do not, can not, dare not try. Good luck with your rebuilding.

How many languages do you speak?

Do you have a favourite author?

'A man’s character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.'

-Paul Eldridge
StrawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to StrawDog for this post:
Old 10-10-2021, 01:09 PM   #17
kaiman
getDare Zealot

A life can be very easily destroyed and very difficult to put right. Many do not, can not, dare not try. Good luck with your rebuilding.

For sure. It takes blood and sweat to build, and a second to burn it all down. Goes for life and goes for everything. Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

How many languages do you speak?

I can speak fluently three languages. Italian, English and the language from my province, which is recognized as a fully fledged language with completely different words, pronunciation and grammar/rules from Italian. Can't say the name of it tho, because it identifies quite precisely my geographic location

Learned some word of Japanese through anime and manga and quite a bit of German during school (in the north we usually learn that instead of English, as second language), that I delivered to oblivion because I don't like it at all

Love you German people all over the world! I just can't get over your language hehe

Do you have a favourite author?

I've got a soft spot for Alan Moore. Can't help it

I'm an avid reader and I wouldn't call him the best author I know, but that man has helped me more than a friend, God and a psychologist put together. And I never even met him.

Same exact thing goes for Tiziano Sclavi. Would never call him objectively the best, but for me.. it just is. His comics kept me company through some really dark times and flipped my perspective on things more than anything else.

Can we settle for a draw hehe

Thank you so much for cheering and for the great questions, Strawdog!

Proud owner of a worthless bunny

M / 33 / EU

LIKES / PM DARES / TRUTHS / AMA
kaiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 10:08 AM   #18
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

I remember you mentioned Moore in our conversation. I love Dylan Dog! Not overly familiar with Tiziano Sclavi beyond that as it was early internet, but now isn't..Need to do some more research...

Do you have a top ten list of comics/graphic novels?

Are you satisfied by many current lines, or do you prefer back issue lists?

You've mentioned manga; what genres do you generally go for?

What do you think of the growing trend of crowd funded and subscriber based work?

'A man’s character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.'

-Paul Eldridge
Old 10-13-2021, 09:27 PM   #19
kaiman
getDare Zealot

Sorry for the late response man! Were a couple busy days.

I remember you mentioned Moore in our conversation. I love Dylan Dog! Not overly familiar with Tiziano Sclavi beyond that as it was early internet, but now isn't..Need to do some more research...

He wrote a couple of books and a novel or two, but I'm not really familiar with all of his work either. Dylan Dog had that much of an impact on me!

Do you have a top ten list of comics/graphic novels?

Had a really hard time figuring this one out. There are so many comics and novel I appreciate on a very personal level and 10 spots are so tight!

I went for what came to mind, without going through all the library. I thought that if something left a real impression, it should come up without searching for it.

1. Watchmen/Dylan Dog (i would not be able to choose one)
2. From Hell
3. Berserk
4. Goodnight pun pun
5. Monster
6. 20th century boys
7. Preacher
8. V for vendetta
9. Dorohedoro
10. I kill giants

On the short list, in no particular order:

Sandman
Rocky joe
The book of human insects
Mushishi
Planetes
Asterios polyp
Swamp thing (Moore cycle)
Kajimunugatai
Arakawa under the bridge
Full Metal Alchemist
Akira
Neon Genesis Evangeliom
Nausicaa
Maus

I'm surely missing something but these were the first to pop up

Are you satisfied by many current lines, or do you prefer back issue lists?

It's been a while since I bought a volume of the current lines. I was there when they did the whole "revolution" but I have to say I wasn't a big fan of what I saw. It was well written and intriguing but it just missed that quid that made Dylan dog so timeless and magical for me.

To this day, I still go back to some of my favorite classic volumes, even after reading them 300 times.

If you know of some recent releases that are worth the buy, I'll pay a visit to the comic shop!

You've mentioned manga; what genres do you generally go for?

In general, I usually go for Seinen material but I can appreciate a Shonen here and there, if it doesn't rely on the usual gimmicks.

As for theme, I am a sucker for horror. I like really grim settings, distopian narrative, sci-fi. I found myself enjoying quite a bit of slice-of-life if they are done in a dramatic way (ex. ping pong or goodnight pun pun). Sense of humour is a huge plus in any of the above.

More than a specific theme, the thing that gets me on board usually is how deeply and genuinely can a work of art impact my feelings and my thoughts. It could be anything if i feel more rich when I close the comic and put it back on the shelf.

Metaphysical, and surreal experiences are my personal jam, especially if they are pitch-dark, as you might have figured out by now

I also like anything that is post- or that does heavy use of cultural references. Adds a layer to the whole thing that makes me engage even more with the writer, usually, more than the story

What do you think of the growing trend of crowd funded and subscriber based work?

I'm kinda neutral on it, especially since I'm not that familiar with the written word products on there. I never backed or followed a book or a novel on crowd funding platforms. In general, I think it's a double edged sword.

I can appreciate the support that gives to little realities and producers, but it's easy for projects to get bloated or to lose a part of their integrity through the partecipated approach.

I'd say that if the project is small (or a passion project) and the creator doesn't compromise on nothing, it's a wonderful thing and can help really talented artist and authors to rise to attention, without relying on a publisher. Big productions that play on the fear of missing out and bloat their campaigns to death are not something I can appreciate much.

Though ones man!

M / 33 / EU

Last edited by kaiman; 10-13-2021 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Corrector transformed akira into a dog. Love dogs, but unforgivable
The following user says Thank You to kaiman for this post:
Old 10-14-2021, 11:10 AM   #20
saltychip
getDare'sSaltySlut

Damn, had a horde of questions that I forgot by now...

Favorite food dish?
Have you read the Sandman Slim series?
How did you manage to pull yourself from rock bottom?
Granted 3 wishes, what would they be?

36/F/sub
Owned slut.
No, I don't want to be your domme.
saltychip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #21
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

No worries, and great answers. Always a joy to read them.

Are there any film adaptations of favourite books or comics you've enjoyed?

What has been your best experience with body writing?

Do you collect anything you feel/know to be unusual?

-Paul Eldridge
Old 10-18-2021, 10:34 PM   #22
kaiman
getDare Zealot

Favorite food dish?

I'd probably go for the dish I was talking about in your ama. Strangolapreti with cream of gorgonzola and mascarpone. Put aside the fact that is yummy af, every bite carries such an emotional baggage for me.

My grandma (mother side) used to do it for special occasions because she knew how much I loved it, and that woman is the single most inspiring human being I have ever met in my entire life.

When I eat that dish I get enveloped in the same warm, comforting feeling I used to get out of her stories. She went through anything that a woman could possibly go through and she did it with such a grace..without compromising on anything that made her so special. Tastes like the kindness and the tenderness she was able to get out of being mistreated and abandoned.

It's my blanket. It gets me back to when she was still with me and made me feel like everything is possible.

Have you read the Sandman Slim series?

Nope! But I will soon enough haha. Looks right up my alley and I added it to my wishlist at light speed. Next visit to the comic shop, it will come back home with me.

Thanks for the rec!

How did you manage to pull yourself from rock bottom?

Buckle up 'cause this question is simple but there is a lot to unpack.

It was a chaotic and gradual process. At the time I was worried of being confined in a mental health center and I wanted to avoid it at any cost, since a friend of mine was there for a couple of years and it came out unrecognizable. I was terrified by that prospect so I kept it between me and me and didn't seek for professional help.

I moved back to my parents house and getting out of the toxic and damaging environment I got myself into, was the firestarter. They were (and are) really supportive and patient and they helped me a lot by giving me a roof, something to eat and moral support. Another huge part of it was the dog I had at the time. She was this little beagle rascal that was always by my side. I loved her so much that words wouldn't make justice.

Our bond and the fact that she needed me as much as I needed her, gave me a good enough reason to fight back what was happening. I was quite short of good reasons to just not end it right away, at the time, so I could say she was the single most important thing that got me back on my feet. She was my only motivation.

With a reason to keep breathing and a safe environment around me, I was in the right mindset to tackle all the aspects in which I struggled. And they were a lot, really. Movement coordination, eyes control (they would flip uncontrollably from side to side), talking, remembering anything medium or long term. I genuinely thought I had lost all that happened before that point because I couldn't even remember the faces or the names of my old friends. My childhood.

All of these shortcomings were so noticeable and evident that I developed an intense form of anxiety when I was around people, cause I would feel so alien and out of place and different. Sensorial, auditory and visual hallucinations were always behind the corner and a serotonin unbalance (I used to mix MDMA in huge doses, with everything) made it even worse. I would feel outside of my body for most of the day and every single process that usually gets mechanic by growing up was gone. That muscle memory was like, completely erased to the ground. Talking and using the mouth took so much effort. Walking in a straight line was a challenge. My eyes would do what the fuck they wanted. I was constantly feeling this dreadful and swallowing void biting every inch of my body, due to the seratonin abuse.

I tackled it by going at all of those aspects individually, constantly pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Which at the time was vegetating on a couch or in bed, and take the dog for a walk in the woods.

I started reading a shitload of material. Sometimes, over and over. It would help me a lot with training the eyes and to keep my head active. I would engage in any activity that kept me using the gray matter. Music, art, books, movies, online courses. Returned to my old piano, which was catching dust from years, and started playing it again. Walked around the house a lot, and in the woods, where no one but my little one could see me. Anything that was stimulating and thought provoking had me make a little step at the time.

Working like this, eventually led me to a place where I didn't feel as awkward being around others. From there, it was a slow and steady growth. Found new friends that were much healthier to be around. Started playing board games with them at game nights. Fell in love. Started working out to impress her. Didn't impress her xD.

I remember watching carefully at how others behaved. The smirks, the way they moved their head or talked. Those little gestures that gets natural while growing up. It was such a gradual and slow process that I struggle to this day to see when something clicked, but it did. Signed up for a professional course. Found a job. Created my own job. And here I am, writing this lines.

I tried to keep it tight but there is a lot more to it. The concept is this, really, but I don't want to bore anyone more than I already did

Granted 3 wishes, what would they be?

I'd be going straight up for rigging the lamp!

First wish would be to have the genie be unable to say no. Second one would be to be able to change the lamp rules. The third would be to have infinite wishes

Before starting to have fun with it, I'd ask the following (so I'm also responding to the question )

1. To make humans invulnerable to anything but aging
2. To make humans able to have two kids at max
3. To make the earth and the animals invulnerable to anything we do to them

Should do.

M / 33 / EU

Old 10-18-2021, 11:08 PM   #23
kaiman
getDare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawDog View Post
No worries, and great answers. Always a joy to read them.

It's clearly too late for me, I need to take a nap

Had the whole answer ready to post and only God..ehm ehm Moore knows what happened. I probably closed or refreshed the wrong tab.

I'm so sorry man! I'll do my best to be online tomorrow and I'll put even more care in the answers I got ready for this.

M / 33 / EU

Old 10-19-2021, 09:50 AM   #24
kaiman
getDare Zealot

Kinda happy that I had to rewrite them! I was having an hard time focusing and thinking straight after the last answer and I really needed some sleep. Enabled me to think more about it and to put more care in the answers

The sweet spot for me, talking about adaptations, is when a movie is able to add something peculiar of its language to the base material, while keeping the original feel and respecting its inspiration.

Too many times it happens that a movie simply translates 1:1 what's on the pages, turning out to be a similar experience to the comic, but worst. Or that it changes so much of the base material that a decent movie comes out, but it has nothing to do with the comic (From Hell, I'm looking at you!)

With the books is easier, usually, because there is no visual aspect to them. A creative direction and photography can often do wonders, using the imagery to push forward the feelings and reactions that the base material offered.

With comics is soo much harder. Fundamentally, a comic is very similar to a movie since it's so visual and sequential. It's much harder to give a personal and peculiar perspective through the shift of media, while also maintaining the spirit of the work of art on which is based on.

Also, many good comics tend to be really verbose and visual at the same time, and it's something that can't work really well with a movie's pacing. Take the Mars part of Watchmen, which is one of my favorites for sure. How can one translate that to a scene without doing it a disservice and preventing the people at the cinema from snoozing hard?

I'm no movie expert, I usually tend to focus on the written word. But here are some adaptations that i thoroughly enjoyed.

Books

Clockwork orange: do i really have to say anything . Timeless classic

Fight club: I love both Palahniuk and Fincher and the book and the movie do such a great job at illustrating the human condition in a gritty and raw way

Trainspotting: this hits really close to home so I might be biased, but I find that it really excels at bringing forward the feelings and story of the book

Comics

Oldboy: the imagery and the cinematography are just so powerful on this, and everything built on by the adaptation makes what is a good comic even better. It's one of those movies that are just fire-branded in my mind. I remember every freaking scene even if I don't want to. Perfect

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: I know that it might sound strange, but in terms of adaptations, this is just the best for me. I'ts not a masterpiece or anything, talking in general, but I really appreciate how they translated both a comic and a game with a language that was fresh and that seemed to belong so genuinely to the big screen.

Bodywriting is one of those things that I love, but that i vastly prefer when done in person. It's not so much about seeing the writings, as it is about actually writing on someone or being written on. There is something so intimate and personal about it.

Usually online it's like, write "whore" on your face. Maybe some dare that can use it in a more creative way, escalating or keeping track of some particular things. But it just goes as far, I don't get much out of it. I do like when my name is written on someone's body tho that never changes haha.

In real life my two best experiences were:

On the giving side, I had this friend of mine which was going through a rough time, and asked her to write on her body every kind word and compliment she got during the week. I wrote the first thing first hand over her hearth and she carried on for the full seven days by herself. When she came back, she didn't have any more hidden spots to write on. She was just full of beautiful things that others said to her. It's so difficult sometime to focus on the nice things and appreciate them, and it was gratifying as hell to see her happy about it and a bit cheered up.

On my side, I had the girl from the pool bet blindfold me, and gave her an hour to write on my body everything she thought of me. The result was...mixed but I loved both the feeling of being written on so heavily and the surprise of seeing the transformation, and how she expressed herself. After that, we talked a lot about the tings that were on me and it was so fresh and insightful. Nothing super sexy but I got to know her much better. Thought it was really fascinating to wear another person's perspective on me.

Both this experiences may suggest that I'm not into common bodywriting at all, and it's kinda true. I don't enjoy very much the degrading aspect of it. I'm more impressed by the artistic and intimate effect that it can have. My love for writings stems from my love for tattoos and street art. I really like the idea of being (and seeing) an human canvas, that wears something that is meaningful or artistic and that has an effect on emotions.

The things that comes closer is probably my "collection" of little works of art made by mentally or physically challenged kids. I just find that they have an unique charm and that there is so much beauty in their rawness. Also, the happyness in their eyes when you genuinely appreciate something that they have created with hearth, is so pure and innocent. It always ends up with me talking with them and asking how they made it, what did it mean to them, and they are always so eager and excited to share it. I just found the whole process touching and gives me hope everytime my eyes lay on them. Also, being this things usually sold by little associations markets, I feel like I'm also doing something good in the while.

Thanks for the patience man!

M / 33 / EU

Last edited by kaiman; 10-19-2021 at 10:46 AM.
The following 2 users say Thank You to kaiman for this post:
Old 10-19-2021, 03:35 PM   #25
saltychip
getDare'sSaltySlut

Clockwork Orange? Really? I'm horrified! There was just something about that book and movie I couldn't get in to. I tried, several times. Even watched the movie twice, just couldn't. It was torture for me, meh. Maybe, I should try again. Guess to each their own...

It's interesting, your take on body writing, I like it. It's almost poetic - how did you discover it?

Thank you for sharing your story - I know we briefly touched on it in my AMA, but do you still play the piano? If so, what are your favorites to play and why? Does the piano still help you on your "bad" days?

Is this where your love of dogs comes from? Do you always feel a natural connection because of the experiences you have had?

Just for fun - what super power would you want?

Is it too late for me to cash in on those 6 hours of denial I can give you for every 3 questions? Or maybe an edge... or tell you to do you worst in a dare... hahaha

36/F/sub
Owned slut.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:53 AM   #26
kaiman
getDare Zealot

Clockwork Orange? Really? I'm horrified! There was just something about that book and movie I couldn't get in to. I tried, several times. Even watched the movie twice, just couldn't. It was torture for me, meh. Maybe, I should try again. Guess to each their own...

I see you are getting better at breath control you can let go now, I'm struggling haha. Can see how someone might not appreciate that movie, it's not for everyone. At the time of release, it was called back from the movie theaters, just to make an example. I find it to be one (many, to be true) really interesting and fascinating ethic/moral question in the form of a movie, and the imagery is so alienating and powerful. I love when something can be so horrorific just by using the human aspect. Also, Kubrick is a freaking genius. It helps

It's interesting, your take on body writing, I like it. It's almost poetic - how did you discover it?

By trial and error, really. The normal approach wasn't getting to me as I hoped it would, and I decided to experiment a bit in my own way. The base idea came from the concept behind tattooing and street art. Found myself enjoying it and started practicing it everytime i get a chance.

Thank you for sharing your story - I know we briefly touched on it in my AMA, but do you still play the piano? If so, what are your favorites to play and why? Does the piano still help you on your "bad" days?

Absolutely! Whenever I'm down or I'm struggling with something, I take a breather and meditate, or lay my hands on the piano. They are two really similar experiences to me. When I close my eyes and focus on my fingers running on the keys, flowing with the expression colors. Going forte, fortissimo untill i softly fade out caressing my way into a pianissimo. It's like flowing with my emotions and thoughts while I focus on my breath and on what's happening inside of me. It's more of an outward approach, if it makes any sense .

On the piano, I like really melancholic and nocturnal stuff. Chopin, Schumann and Gorecki are personal favorites but there are also a lot of modern days composer that I love to study and play. Anything that has contrast in it, is up my alley. I love those medleys that go over a wide array of mindspaces and emotions. When the nostalgy and the sadness can be felt through color and cheerful notes. It's something you can only do with the piano, really, and it gives me the feeling of creating and expressing something that is wide and enveloping, that doesn't shy away from the grittiest parts of our lifes without ever forgetting to cast a bit of light on them. Beautiful

Is this where your love of dogs comes from? Do you always feel a natural connection because of the experiences you have had?

Every dog I had during my life made that feeling and that bond stronger and stronger, but if we have to go to the roots of it, I'd have to say it was Stella, my dog when I was a little child. At that time, I was so introvert and lonely, and this little dog was always so kind and accepting and affectionate towards me. She would never judge or stare. She always felt it when I was sad, coming near and leaning her head on my side. Looking at me like she was sharing all of that pain. Can't count the times I cheered myself up to not have it pour onto her. Even when she was really old, she'd slowly walk over to me and ask more meaningful questions with her eyes, than a human being would do with words on a normal day. Since when she died, I never spent a day without a dog at my side and even today, they are my light when everything around is dark.

I have to say that all animals have a similar effect on me. When I was a kid I wanted to do the biologist, to give you an idea.

I like how nothing is gratuitous for them. Not the occasional fight, not the unconditional love that they show you. Every one of them is innocent, from the shark to the little sheep that roams around the field and every of their actions has a place and a reason to be. I find it really reassuring and a peaceful place to be.

Just for fun - what super power would you want?

Ooh fun indeed. I'll respond with the guts. I'd go for the power of stopping time by snapping my fingers, while being the only one able to move myself or my surroudings while it's freezed. Can be used for offence, for defense and for very kinky stuff too!

The last thing anyone would hear would be me snapping the index and the thumb, and then see the results when they wake up. Imagine remebering only that you were assaulting a woman and waking up at 10000 meters in free fall without a parachute. That man will remember it, if he survives.

Is it too late for me to cash in on those 6 hours of denial I can give you for every 3 questions? Or maybe an edge... or tell you to do you worst in a dare... hahaha

Well I'd normally be mean and have you start over, since it should be asked while making the questions. But I'll look past it just 'cause it's you haha. You have been super open and kind and your answers/questions are always fun and interesting. I like curious people and good questions, so pick a bonus for every post you had and cash it in. From now on you'll have to do as you go, though

M / 33 / EU

Old 10-25-2021, 10:32 AM   #27
saltychip
getDare'sSaltySlut

Let's add some more questions to my running tally...

Do you prefer small dogs or big dogs?
What 5 words do you think describe you best?
What is 1 thing you would say you are really good at?

And with those 3... it brings my total to 30

lets say... all denial... 60 hours, I absolutely hope you enjoy.
I would have asked for a dare... but I can do that without asking 3 questions

36/F/sub
Owned slut.
Old 10-27-2021, 04:48 PM   #28
kaiman
getDare Zealot

Do you prefer small dogs or big dogs?

*looks around to make sure the big one is somewhere else*

Doesn't feel good to say it out loud haha but I do slightly prefer little girls. Like irl

It's just because I've got a soft spot for cute things, and they are so sweet and so much easier to train and "manage". At the same time, big dogs can be so gratifying to train and nothing beats the feeling of earning their trust and affection.

My big one isn't always up for cuddles and it can be quite stubborn and independent, but when he crawls up on me full body and lays his head on my chest it feels like such a precious moment.

Look/style wise it's a draw. Little ones are pesky and cute and they can look so funny, but huge dogs are so powerful and elegant and majestic. I particularly like pits and molossers because I love the contrast between their fierce and mean look and their kind and loyal temper. Also, everyone thinks twice before coming near and messing with them or with me haha

What 5 words do you think describe you best?

Since I wanted this to be as precise as possible, I brainstormed all the words that I thought might describe me - to varying degree - and then I made a tier list out of the bunch xD with the S tier being locked to only 5 elements:

Chaotic, volatile, curious, kind, stubborn

For comparison purpose, and to give you a broader idea of how I perceive myself, here the full tier list:

Tier S: chaotic, volatile, curious, kind, stubborn
Tier A: loyal, trustworthy, crazy, weird, geeky, adventurous, open minded, empathetic, sadomasochistic, respectful, reckless, caring, keen/willing
Tier B: distracted, touchy, selfless, emotional, romantic, smart, loner, artsy
Tier C: insecure, optimistic, extroverted

I surely missed a lot, especially the bad ones It was a poor showing as it is.

Avoided some good ones as well tho! I just think that some things should be said to you by others.

What is 1 thing you would say you are really good at?

Learning, hands down. Boring but true. I'm good at learning to a fault, and was even more so before I burnt everything to the ground, when I was a kid. I say to a fault because it surely has its downsides. I get bored really fast. If something doesn't really put roots in me and grab my full attention, I usually drop out before really reaching the depth that I'd like to reach in what I do.

Oddly enough - but maybe not - this goes both for intellectual activities and for more practical ones like crafts or skills.

If I could choose, I'd tone it down a bit and go much more vertical on fewer things, instead of going super wide and having huge swings.

And with those 3... it brings my total to 30

lets say... all denial... 60 hours, I absolutely hope you enjoy.
I would have asked for a dare... but I can do that without asking 3 questions

May God strike you where you at...ehm ehm I mean, bless you with his most beautiful gifts

Why so confident that you won't need the questions to ask for a dare?

One of the five words was stubborn, and it wasn't even the worst one

If it's a challenge, it's on haha!

Edit: 60 hours denial starting now T_T

M / 33 / EU

Last edited by kaiman; 10-27-2021 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:49 AM   #29
saltychip
getDare'sSaltySlut

...strike me down?! awfully rude. I'm sure denial looks good on you. I'm also sure there are plenty of people around here who would agree with me on that as well.

I'm curious, why didn't you feel loyal or trustworthy was worth putting in the top 5? I do understand your top choices, I'm just curious about your process. How did you narrow some out and put some up?

Little ones you say... what about the little ones that are feisty and aggressive? I've met a few of them... makes ya wanna stick em on top of the fridge.

1 dog or 10 people, who would you save?

Longest you've been denied?

Any graphic novel recommendations? I've been reading walking dead, going to start on 30 days of night next (waiting for the book), was thinking of going the sandman route next, just not sure...

If I did my math right... I think I made it before your 60 hours was up... and 6 questions... 12 more hours you do realize, I could just keep stacking this, over and over and over again?

36/F/sub
Owned slut.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:40 AM   #30
kaiman
getDare Zealot

..strike me down?! awfully rude. I'm sure denial looks good on you. I'm also sure there are plenty of people around here who would agree with me on that as well.

I'll take that cashing it all to deny me during Halloween's weekend was your way of being nice to me haha! But I have to agree, I was a bit rude.

You can ask me anything within reason that is not a dare, as a peace offering

I'm curious, why didn't you feel loyal or trustworthy was worth putting in the top 5? I do understand your top choices, I'm just curious about your process. How did you narrow some out and put some up?

Five spots are really tight and I went for what I thought defines me the most. The higher a trait is, the more likely it is to drive my actions. Tier A are still defining ones, and every word in there was a contender for the top five. The margin between them is really small.

The gap between tiers can also be seen as how much a particular characteristic can override the other. For example, my insecurities constantly get blown away by my stubbornness, but it's nearly impossible for it to have me betray someone's trust. As usual, the process was instinctive and chaotic so I'm trying to rationalize in hindsight.

You could see it like this:

Tier S - most defining
Tier A - defining
Tier B - foreground
Tier C - background

Little ones you say... what about the little ones that are feisty and aggressive? I've met a few of them... makes ya wanna stick em on top of the fridge.

Oh, for sure! I've seen the devil in some chihuahua's eyes. But I'd argue that an angry big one is even worse. And it's also harder to stick on top of the fridge!

Nine times out of ten, if a dog is aggressive, it's the fellow human who's at fault. I didn't take that in consideration because we were reasoning on size alone, otherwise I'd say that my favourite dogs are the ones who are well loved, educated and respected.

If those elements are in place and the dog is given the time and space it needs, aggressiveness is never an issue. There are a couple of races that are an exception to the rule, and that have an innate tendency to be more nasty, but it's nothing that can't be solved through sheer patience and careful training.

That said, little ones are cute even when they get angry .

They look so confident and in charge of the situation while they clearly are not haha.

1 dog or 10 people, who would you save?

Damn..here comes the trolley dilemma. I was just about to give you one in the last set of questions! I had to go for it. Maybe I would have escaped this...it's painful haha.

Without having an idea of who those people are, I'd have to go and save them. Good chances are that three out of ten are actually quite decent human beings, that could save three other dogs and maybe cats, or other animals. One out of ten would probably be a child as well, and animals and kids are really similar from my perspective. They are innocent beings. Not to mention that some of those persons are likely to be parents and have childrens waiting for them at home. Too much innocence and potential would end up lost. 10 to 1 is a lot.

I'd find the first convenient spot and hang myself right after tho. I'll keep the little fella company in a more peaceful place, if there is one.

Longest you've been denied?

I've recently been through a four months denial. It was a self imposed punishment for pushing it too much with a girl on this very site. Excruciating. Painful. And I never wasted so many opportunities to have sex, of course hahaa. Seemed like the girls knew ffs.

By the end of it I was shaking by how much I needed release. A release that wasn't even good when it finally came. Was constricted and forced and hurtful.

I don't plan on going through something that's even remotely close to that. We are on the same page. Right?

Any graphic novel recommendations? I've been reading walking dead, going to start on 30 days of night next (waiting for the book), was thinking of going the sandman route next, just not sure...

If you like anything that Gaiman put out, I'd say you can't go wrong on Sandman. It's trippy and oniric, and has some mythological and horror undertones that I really appreciated. Probably his best output in my opinion.

Based on the two you mentioned, I'll try and keep it on novels that have a strong narrative aspect and in which the story is a prevalent element. Many of my favorite ones flow more like an experience or are loose and free form, but I feel like they might not be your jam.

Horrors/dark themed: Monstress, Gideon Falls, JTHM, Basketful of Heads

Monstress is elegant and compelling while still managing to unsettle and to push forward some really gruesome imagery. Gideon Falls blends psychological horror and sci-fi paranoia and it's so artsy! I found it to be a really engaging experience. JTHM it's a bit heavy handed but I adore how hard they pushed on the black humor and the style is so unique. The premise of Basketful of heads may sound a bit wonky but it was a really fun read.

Outside of horror: Bone, Saga

If you like lord of the rings, Bone is an humorous and heartfelt take on it. Epic and fun are not two things you often find at the same time in a book, and this has both in spades.

Saga is a bit whacky but the art is jaw-dropping. I found that dipping what ultimately is a romantic story into a fantasy setting that is so out of the box, made for a really fresh read.

I'd need more examples of things you like, to have a more clear idea of your taste blueprint. What other novels would you say are amongst your favorites, beside those two?

If I did my math right... I think I made it before your 60 hours was up... and 6 questions... 12 more hours you do realize, I could just keep stacking this, over and over and over again?

Wrong page. Wrong page! Obviously I had to read this right before having a chance to take advantage of the break..rude!

I won't lie. I thought this would end up at page 30 by the second day. Ama made by men always struggle to get off and no one knows me here. The benefits were there to hopefully pull out a question or two. Such a wise choice haha!

Do you realize that I might inadvertently be missing for a couple days and start the denial when I get to read the cash-in

M / 33 / EU

Last edited by kaiman; 10-30-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Advertisements
Kink Talk