Old 02-17-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
iamnotme

Default Limits

This isn't really a "truth", but more of a request to start a discussion. I've been wanting to post this for a while, but just never got around to it.

This post is inspired by two dares that appeared here a while ago. The first was a face sitting game. Basically, two people take turns sitting on each others' faces with limits to what they can do for a certain amount of time, with the objective to get the other person to quit. After a while, you can increase the severity of what you are allowed to do, eventually being allowed to shit on the other person's face. There were several people that responded that they wanted very much to participate, including some that had scat play was one of their hard limits. I found it odd that someone would list that as a hard limit, then jump at the chance to play this particular game.

The second one was basically condom russian roulette. You get a six pack of condoms, poke a hole in one, then mix them up an use them in a variety of specific sex acts. This post got a warning from a mod about posting dangerous activities, but did not get deleted.

I understand that there are different levels of limits and different circumstances might change your limits. My limits with a stranger are going to be pretty vanilla, whereas my limits with "the one" might be more extreme. Full scat play is on my hard limits, but if I found the love of my life, she might be able to talk me into it with her. Also, no matter what you say, I am not going to do something I don't want, or think is a bad idea. I am not going to go try to get a one night stand pregnant, nor a girlfriend, unless we decide we are ready. Risky pregnancy play is one of my fantasies, but it is one of those fantasies that are going to stay as a fantasy.

So basically, I was hoping to hear your opinions on why some people list hard limits, then seem eager to break them, and why some people are so willing to take extreme chances at life changing experiences.
iamnotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:55 PM   #2
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

Moved this to kink and education.

It's a good question, but I'll respond later when I have more time.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:35 PM   #3
amethyst353
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotme View Post
So basically, I was hoping to hear your opinions on why some people list hard limits, then seem eager to break them, and why some people are so willing to take extreme chances at life changing experiences.
I think the majority of what happens on getdare is purely fantasy. For the things that you described, I would be surprised if they were actually being done irl.

loves: humiliation, gags, bodywriting, bondage, games
limits: pics with face, messing with sleep, public, heavy blackmail, videos, permanent, scat, extreme pain Note: I transitioned years ago - wearing women's clothes isn't a dare. If you give me a sissy-themed dare, I will ignore you.

Full likes/limits | Toys/Items I Own | PM Dares (friends only for a bit) | My current rules
amethyst353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:40 AM   #4
LPV
getDare Saint

So to answer the first part, I don't get it either. A limit should be a limit. You should be able to discuss why it is a limit with the dom, but in most cases, it should remain a limit.

Not having any limits is unrealistic. So is breaking something that really is a limit.

People should be honest about they can and cannot do. I agree that in a lot of cases, it is more for fantasy than reality.

Hope this makes some sense.

Triangle is also requiring lpv to do 25 DAILY edges during this denial time.

Last orgasm--October 18, 2023

About me: My likes, dislikes and limits

Sam, RIP!
LPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:18 PM   #5
MischievousKitten
gD king

I have hard limits that I won't break for randoms but for my domme who I trust, I probably would. I know they wouldn't take me past what is safe.

(It lists my old Dom there too lazy to change it)

Full Likes/Dislikes
PM Dares
My Transition
My Rules
Things I have
BDSMTest (3/14/2018)

Biggest denial: 175 days
MischievousKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:45 AM   #6
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

I have my opinion on some forum sections (my rule of thumb). Here are several of them.

- Person Above section:
Most posts are to sexually stimulate yourself (the poster) and to fantasize about them. Most posts are either fiction or will simply not be done in reality.

- Request TorD Online:
Some posts (dare requests) are real and honest. Some posts are to sexually stimulate the poster and to fantasize about them. A select few are simply dishonest (lies/ fake).

- Messengers:
Most posts (if not all) are posted without thought and are cross-posts or duplicates.

So my answer:
They simply want to convince themselves that they will do the dare when in reality, they just like to fantasize and convince themselves. Afterward, they orgasm and don't look back at what they promised to do. Of course, there are exceptions. But it's incredibly hard to find them if there's no feedback on the dare. These exceptions often present themselves as thoughtful posts.

Other reasons:
- The user forgot to update the signature.
- The user changed and is motivated enough to break a (hard) limit.
- The likes, dislikes and limits in the signatures are aimed at the anonymous users on getDare. To these strangers, those preferences apply. If the post specifies that the user will do something with someone the poster knows intimately, the likes, dislikes and limits will differ from the ones listed in the signature.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:20 PM   #7
MischievousKitten
gD king

I usually do my person above dares unless I can't for whatever reason. Since there's less reporting and such I don't want to bother people if something is a problem, but I try to do it.

(It lists my old Dom there too lazy to change it)

Full Likes/Dislikes
PM Dares
My Transition
My Rules
Things I have
BDSMTest (3/14/2018)

Biggest denial: 175 days
MischievousKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk