Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 05-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
TheSir

Default Getdare Fakes....its getting old.

I have been around Getdare for a bit now and have talked to some amazing people both on this site and from this site on kik/skype and it really is a wonderful thing.

Lots of interesting people, lots of interesting....and some odd kinks and an all around fun time.

Lately however it seems Getdare is being taken over by people who are "fake" either pretending to be something they arent or just not actually being real in what they are seeking and its really starting to be annoying.

There are lots of great posts on this site, lots of interesting stories and reports but I just wish Getdare would have less fake people.

Little word of advice for everyone, if a kink/dare/story/person seems too "exciting" or too much like a fantasy it probably is. It just sucks seeing people waste their time posting for "girls" or others only to find out they are fake or less than honest.

Thats just my little rant for the day. I hope everyone else has a fantastic time on Getdare!
TheSir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:34 PM   #2
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

I don't really agree it's being "taken over" by fakes, certainly in my time here I've seen a few threads which seem to deal in fantasy more than reality (e.g. "shy" nervous types who suddenly become daring sex craving sluts, often in an unsafe manner) and I simply choose not to post on those threads. I may read them but assume I'm reading an interactive story rather than a real person's journey (and if it is somehow real I prefer not to encourage it)

Of course, balanced against that, are reports/stories often in the blog section that I do tend to believe that are just as daring but tend to be better thought out & considered. They're researched or sharing more feelings & thoughts of the people involved to make me believe it. People exploring at different ends of the scale do exist on GetDare, are real, and do make this site more exciting to explore.

I do understand some of your frustrations though; they gain a lot of popularity and set unfair expectations for other people who request reasonable dares who can't possibly match that.
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #3
TheSir

"taken over" was probably not the best choice of words but it is definitely frustrating that so many people are pretending to be something they arent.

I understand "fantasy" is pretend but I believe there is a difference between fantasy and actually playing out as if you are doing something to get attention when in reality you are just being fake.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #4
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

As long as people understand that most of what they see and read here is bullshit, than I see no problem really.

It's not just getDare.. anywhere on the internet, especially when you can be anonymous, is bound to be rife with fakes. And there's no way to change that so better just accept it.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:47 PM   #5
silverdarknight
getDare Devil

GD is a bit of a fantasy land, it's true. But, that ability to explore fantasies is a part of the appeal.

And the ability to blur the line between fantasy and reality is a part of that. It makes those fantasies that bit more exciting, interesting and, well, real as a result.

It's kinda like rape fantasys - it's not something you necessarily want to actually happen, but it's fun to think about and discuss how you would 'have' to do all those kinky and perverted things.

And, yeah, every so often someone will pop up and complain about how it's a forum full of liars and fakes. If it's not your cup of coffee? That's fine. Move along. There are plenty of other users here, and most of them are enjoying themselves.

Likes:Enthusiasm, Pain, CBT, Spankings, Humiliation, disgusting, chemical play, sissy, pics(others), (&)
Dislikes: Public, pee, pics(me), anal, (&)
Limits: Stupid, Exposure, Rules, bondage, Long tasks, social suicide, (&)
Bonus features: My rules(#), 'wanted' ad & many questions.
&=More details on Likes/Dislikes etc here
*=Full 'how to' details & rules here
silverdarknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:03 AM   #6
TheSir

Im not the best writer so maybe my intent with this post was missed. I thoroughly enjoy this site. I enjoy reading posts and stories and talking with other members.

I also enjoy the fantasy aspect and people expressing themselves its wonderful.

My "complaint" was mainly people who pretend to be someone they arent, or pretend to be into things they arent or pretend to do things truthfully that they arent solely to get attention which I think detracts from those who are actually into a specific kink or fantasy.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #7
Everill
getDare Devil

One of the ways I combat "fakes" is staying out of the Slave and Masters area.

Not sure if it's just me but that's where I see a lot of the bad experiences coming from, from "slaves" to "masters". (Not all of them)

Also after a bit it just becomes like a 6th sense while reading posts.

Master of chaotic energies in atleast 9 of the dimensions

Kinks

Blog O' Rules

Information

Dice Dares

Ultimate kink list

UwU what's this

Everill is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Everill for this post:
Old 05-21-2019, 11:43 AM   #8
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

There's always going to be fakes on every site of the internet. I have read a lot of threads or blogs where I don't believe for a second the author is actually doing what they say they have. I just take it as fantasy and move on. Why waste my own time and energy getting irritated about what someone else says or does? (or doesn't do, in this case.) Especially someone who I don't know at all so means absolutely nothing to me?

I'd much rather use my time and energy to find the real people and focus on the people who I respect/like/believe etc than waste it wondering why people make shit up.
Get a rule from me here.

NOTlooking for a dom/sub or to play a game, exchange dares, pictures etc!
IceMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:27 PM   #9
TheSir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everill View Post
One of the ways I combat "fakes" is staying out of the Slave and Masters area.

Not sure if it's just me but that's where I see a lot of the bad experiences coming from, from "slaves" to "masters". (Not all of them)

Also after a bit it just becomes like a 6th sense while reading posts.
yup, thats exactly one thing Im talking about. Its always interesting to read some ads and be able to tell when someones realistic in their expectations and when they arent.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:16 AM   #10
cloudness
getDare Sweetheart

Best thing to do, is to not let the fakes bother you and enjoy you're time with the real people you enjoy talking to ^^
Old 06-08-2019, 09:42 AM   #11
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

As the people above have said, getDare has people who here for many different reasons. For some, this is a fantasy land. They will never be able to explore their kinks and fantasies in real life, so this is where they let them out. Unfortunately, for those of us who LIVE kink, who are looking for realistic tasks to complete and providing or wanting to receive real life feedback, we have to sometimes sort through and find others who are similar to us.

The internet is full of trolls, illusions, alternate dimensions, scammers, etc. You have to take anything you read with a grain of salt. However, underneath all that shit, you can find real, genuine people and form real, genuine connections. I should know, I met my husband on getDare.

Posting a thread to complain about "fakes" isn't going to accomplish anything. If it's getting old, maybe it is time to move on or take a break.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk