Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 11-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #46
richied
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to richied

@submissive-ana

Take a Listen to Tenth Avenue North's "Don't Stop the Madness"

Brother of Shibari, Fan of Rachie
Likes: Roleplay, random conversation, name calling, teasing, mischievous flirting
ABHORS: scat and piss
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=201995 <--likes and limits
If you have something you'd like to ask, the link is below.
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...29#post1550429
richied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:19 AM   #47
slutfarm

I have become totally convicted of my actions on here and other similar sites and therefore am in the process of deleting my accounts on all sites. I am not judging you all, but if you really are a Christ-follower, I would suggest you think about the same.
slutfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #48
Shibari
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by slutfarm View Post
I have become totally convicted of my actions on here and other similar sites and therefore am in the process of deleting my accounts on all sites. I am not judging you all, but if you really are a Christ-follower, I would suggest you think about the same.
I Disgaree with you.
"If you really are a Christ-follower" then basically you should delete the accounts

Why?
if this is 'bad' and all why am I cleaning my life up to become a Jesus follower when Jesus said to come to him with broken pieces and he will repair them.

What you have said may give out the wrong message. Please think before you tell people what to do.

P.s I am a Christian myself!

Rope, Shibari/kinbaku.

I kiss my enemies lips, while I dance in the flames of the devil, worship the Dominant that guides while I suffer at His feet.
Shibari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #49
itslate

I'm an adamant atheist and I often get passionate in this sort of dicussion. I'll try and keep it brief. And just a disclaimer: I don't mean to offend anyone and this is all just my world view. But I also belief discussing world views is important.

Quote:
I am a Christian and yes, I often feel guilty for my activities here (and I should because they don't honor the Christ that I follow)
In my opinion, morality is way too complex and evolves too quickly in a society, that we could get the last word on it from a single old book, no matter how well thought out and well written it might be (and for my money, the bible is neither, but that's beside the point). So if you feel quilty about your actions, I think you might be doing something wrong. Just to be safe, I'll talk about myself instead:

Within my conscience, I don't want to hurt anyone. But what does "hurt" mean? If I love my neighbor, and that neighbor badly wants me to control, demean and abuse her, then I will heed her wish. If I have a guilty conscience afterwards, then I'm doing it wrong. Maybe I'm not making sure she's enjoying it? Did I ask her afterwards if she had fun, if she's okay? Are we hurting anyone (maybe spouses, boyfriends, outstanders, etc.)? Is she mentally fit for this or is she becoming unhealthily attached to me or vice versa? Are we being honest with each other? If the answer to all theses questions is "yes", then I'm not sure why I would have a guilty conscience. These are two conscenting adults having fun by giving each other something they want. It's beautiful, natural and no one gets hurt (except for something that hurts temporarily and only feels good afterwards).

Quote:
I am not judging you all, but if you really are a Christ-follower, I would suggest you think about the same.
I would submit that Christianity is such a huge label, that your appeal to all "real Christ-followers" doesn't hold much weight. And I admit I don't know what reading of scripture, morality and religion you subscribe to. But I presume you wouldn't be the first person on earth spoilt of a natural and harmless way to enjoy life because of religion. And to me that would be sad and I hope you reconsider.

Last edited by itslate; 01-20-2015 at 01:09 PM.
itslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:42 AM   #50
RobinRed

Hi guys,

Just read the entire thread, and I appreciate that the title is "Christians Unite", but this is such an interesting convestaion that I hope it's not inappropriate to expand the discussions a little, and maybe throw in a few modern day facts into the mix (and by fact i mean something which is supported by repeatable, corroborating measurements)?

Specifically on the subject of Christ:

TL;DR - Scripture, Interpretation and the Church's agenda are not always very "Christ-like"

There's alot of evidence to support the belief that Christ was not an advocate of organised churches, and alot of evidence that suggests that the testaments that are included in the New Testament were actually cherry picked from many more accounts of his (Christ's) teachings, by a group of men who's agenda was (arguably) more to do with controlling society than the pure benevolant message that is at the core of Christianity.

So what we read, and how we are encouraged to interpret what we read is often operating for the church's agenda, not for our personal spiritual benefit (or salvation), which I personally beleive (not a fact!) was more HIS agenda.

Spirituality:

TL;DR - balance is the key, and the balance point can change as you travel on your journey.

In almost every major global religion there are factions within the religion that concentrate on more aesetic (strict self denial) practices, and other factions that are more permsssive (and correspondingly enjoyable, comfortable and sensual).

Indeed, most religious icons (including Mohammed, Jesus and Buddha to name but a few) are described as taking a journey that encompasses more than one of these states, i.e. self denial, or more indulging into the sensual pleasures of the flesh.

Modern day psychology and neurology can desrcibe the states of mind, and states of experience that we are in at various moments in our lives and following various stimulus. A massage is relaxing, being in the middle of a riot is stressful, sitting and reflecting on your actions after you've wronged somebody makes us feel guilty. All of these states are much better understood now, and techniques like NLP, hypnosis Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (ironically this is abbreviated as CBT!) help to uncover the triggers, emotional baggage and strategies that can help us move to a balanced, integrated state of mind, one that is at peace with itself, and that help us allign our actions with our values.

Darkness and Evil:

TL;DR - Evil is about intent

The different mental states in which that we can exist include moments when we are out of balance either because of factors that are internal or external to ourselves.

If someone knowingly takes advantage of another person (say, sleeping with them following a bad break up) when they are out of balance, for their own gratification, I would suggest that this is bad. They are exploiting that persons vulnerability, at best this is careless, at worst this is evil by intent.

HOWEVER, if you carry out EXACTLY the same action (sleeping with them), but this time it is GENUINELY because you KNOW that they need a confindence boost at that moment in time, (and that all other factors that could make this a bad idea have been considered etc...) then actually, it's not evil by intent.

Same thing goes for spankings, humiliation, degradation...all of us have complex needs and desires, and for as long as the person delivering the "input" (the Dom/me) hsa positive intent, then to my mind, there is no evil. It's just and exotic, and exciting form of therapy!

In summary (impressive amount of typing I think you'll agree!)

I think that is BDSM practices are carried out with good intention and with good technique (yes...RACK!) then they are comparable to Tantric practices or Yoga or meditation in terms of the uplifiting, liberating and enriching input they can have.

So I agree with Itslate, not evil, maybe dark, but certainly not in breach of any of Christ's ideology.

m/37/uk : [Bi, because a girl told me so.]

:Humiliation, diapers, edging, anal, webcam (did I mention I was hot?)
:Face (at first) illegal, friends, permanent

My PM Dares List

Denied by girls

https://dirtycode.io/9J7D4

Last edited by RobinRed; 01-22-2015 at 01:45 AM.
RobinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #51
striker28us

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker28us View Post
Am I the only chistian on this site that Enjoys the forum chats and play at times but afterwars have a Conscience about it? Just being REAL so plz no haters. It hard to fulfil my roll as master whith so many slaves asking to be degraded and treated sub human name calling dark places in the mind as i dont wish to feed the evil yet still desire to enjoy a Master slave relations Any ideas guys?
Hey any other Christians on this Site? Dont be Shy
striker28us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:23 PM   #52
slavem34

I am a christian, and I am attempting to free myself from this lifestlye, but obviously am currently failing miserably - lol.
its not that I necesarily think its wrong to be here, just that for me I have an addictive personality which resulted in this becoming more important that the people i love, and the God who I live for and who died for me(if that makes sense).
I am getting prayer support and accountability, but it is weird because many of the methods of accountability are very similiar to the lifestyle stuff - which may explain why im having dificulties lol.
anyways yes.... here is me..... christian and proud of it..... God loves me warts and all - and Im glad He does.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:51 AM   #53
Hollipop

Hi! I'm catholic too. Go to mass every Sunday pray whenever I can and well I think a good part of my life revolves around God.
I believe of his love his mercy and compassion. With this...the kink and all, I like to think I made peace with God. I can't always stay guilty for things I cant change about me
I've tried. I've tried hard and felt the worst hate on myself for it.
...though some things i do feel the need to go to confession for, for the most part I believe God doesn't condemn me. As long as I be kind, loving, a good person who is humane...it'll be alright.

Though yeah I still feel guilty sometimes but I've accepted some interpretations of the bible may be flawed and I won't know if this truly offends God unless I ask him in person so I just do what makes me happy but not to the point of forgetting god.

I actually have this rule for me and my Dom wherein Sundays are no Naughty days. Its my day to focus on God and give him a day where I don't dwell on my own pleasure. I've only directly broken said rule once but it wasn't for me, it was for love of another person.

LIKES, DISLIKES, SOFT AND HARD LIMITS
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=74920
Hollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Hollipop for this post:
Old 12-29-2015, 06:38 AM   #54
Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker28us View Post
Hey any other Christians on this Site? Dont be Shy
My middle name is Christian. Does that count?
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #55
Techguy

I consider myself Christian even though I don't go to church regularly as I feel it's become more of a business. I believe in Christian values and the 7 commandments.
I think Christian values have to do more with helping people and if they enjoy it, no matter what the reason, it's all good.
I think some of the degradation some people want is because they hold guilt inside and this is a release. I think guys that like their small dick made fun of have been hiding it so long it's a relief that people know and the sky doesn't fall.
Just my thoughts

Likes: Everything. Humiliation, Denial, submission, domination.

Limits: Scat, Blood, illegal
Techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #56
AngelofDarkness

I am a deist-Christian. Don't feel guilty about doing kinky things--it's human nature! We would have been designed differently if God had a problem with it. Think of it as another way of expressing yourself!

Kik: johnlockeangel

Ask for my online exposure links!

My NSFW Twitter: @chubbysubpet

Likes: Pet play, Anal/ATM, pain, exhibitionism, cbt, edging, pee play/drinking, feminization, pic exposure.

Limits:Family, extreme public, blood, illegal, shaving, non-consensual blackmail.

I have a butt plug, fox tail plug, thong, and chastity cage...willing to buy some things for dares.
AngelofDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:57 PM   #57
cloudness
getDare Sweetheart

My beliefs are pretty simple, I believe in god, but I'm not attached to any religion, just believe in god is all I need

Advertisements
Kink Talk