Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 12-24-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
Bloxo
getDare Devil

Default What would you change about GetDare in an ideal world?

Hello all,
Being active members on this site, I'm sure you know that the Mods do the best they can to keep it a safe and fun place for you to work on your kinky minds...and whatever else you come here for, but no site can be perfect and everyone has a different vision for what they want...

Here are a few things I would change if it was possible to do so:

1. Limit postings to messenger threads...is anyone else tired of seeing one user spam Kik threads?
- Seriously...just stop, we get it...you're horny and in desperate need of attention, don't push everyone elses posts out of the way so you take centre stage...
I would personally like to limit the number of postings to say 3 per day, am I alone here?

2. Allow for multiple polls in one thread, thinking from a game designer mindset... for example, wouldn't it be cool to say have an interactive story where players voted on which way the story went, with a new poll for each chapter?
Or you could have games where people could vote on the winners and losers in each round?
- Having to start a new thread to begin a new poll can limit some creative freedoms

3. Allow the import of spreadsheet designs into a thread, there are ways around this of course, but if you are tracking the number of say keywords that are submitted in a thread, wouldn't it be nice to have a tracker or counter for this automatically?

4. This may be a controversial one, but what about having a gender icon next to persons username? Of course, for some people this would need to be more than the standard male or female, but it would be helpful when trying to look at profiles for new people to talk to...of course, the drawback is our female members already messaged relentlessly would face more refined bombardment...

5. This is a dream...and no website has done this, so it's more of a fantasy really, but have built in games to a page, allow people to play something live like Connect 4 or Battleships while chatting away, allow people to spectate on a contest. Would be great for tournaments

6. A revamped chat system, something a little more interactive and less cumbersome, of course this page has it's limitations based on the code behind it, and some would say it's a little out dated for the modern age...but I think it works well, except for Private Messaging, of course the chat rooms work fine

7. Allow pictures to be posted onto a thread without an external link, this would just be a time saver...

8. Allow history of posts to go back beyond 200, so many posts get lost or forgotten and there must be a few gems out there. I at the moment bookmark every thread I create and may want to come back to some day to find it again.

9. Increased range of emoticons, now it's nice we can use these at all, but there are a lot we can't use...maybe we are spoiled in this day and age, and limiting the number of emoticons/images to 4 a page can be a bummer sometimes

There are other things I could mention, but won't as they have been discussed over and over before...but these are some of my ideas/gripes.

I don't want to sound ungrateful or angry with this site, I know it has it's limits as a platform and I love my time on here, this is just a fantasy world of improvements and I wouldn't expect to see any of them implemented. I just like to think

Does anyone else fantasise about changes here? (please be nice with your comments)

Likes/Dislikes/Limits/Toys
PM DARES!

I'm straight and will only take Dares from Girls, please bear this in mind when writing to me.

Please be genuine, be fun and have a good heart...with a sadistic streak hehe...6 inches

Curious about me or Poland? check out my Youtube!
Bloxo is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Bloxo for this post:
Old 12-25-2020, 06:41 AM   #2
rhl
getDare Succubus

Choose the advance option while posting. Tap the paperclip. This may only be available in the desktop version, but then easily done through the phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201225-083738_Chrome.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	9559  
The following user says Thank You to rhl for this post:
Old 12-29-2020, 12:42 AM   #3
Doggystyle

I think you're 100% right on your entire list; the site could totally use a makeover to become more updated with the times. Specifically, if I could only pick one change to make, it would have to be the chatting/private messaging system. Folks really shouldn't feel the need to take their conversations offsite so strongly; to save constant headaches, I'd wish for it to have a more convenient format.
Dislikes: Anal, intense pain, hypnosis, ice, repetitive tasks, denial
Limits: Permanent, period, full-public, family, illegal, social suicide, pics/video/voice
When giving dares, please note that I don't have a clit

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✃━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Doggystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:41 AM   #4
Cueball9802
Distinguished Member

Speed optimization would be good too. Most good web sites load in a second or two, even with heavy usage. Here I've had numerous times of 30+ second page loads. This is really prevalent in theads like the boys Vs girls threads. Most people won't play them any more because the load lag is so high your constantly out of sync with the thread counters.

PM Dares Check out my re-formatted dares

Toys and other items

Feel free to diaper check me, I'm now wearing 24/7. You can also check me here.
PM dares are welcome too.

Visit my hypno kink list, would you like to make me your hypno slave?

M 50
KIik - cueball9802
Spoiler:
Skype - trkruger9802
Cueball9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:33 PM   #5
TheMinnMan
getDare Succubus

Lightbulb Dead threads

Threads that were a single post with 0 responds would auto-delete in 6 months max.

That anyone wanting dares should fill out their likes, dislikes & limits...and if they don't know what the difference is between a dislike & a limit, they are not ready to take dares.

Threads started by profiles that are later banned because they were problem posters would be auto-removed.
TheMinnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:29 PM   #6
amethyst353
getDare Sweetheart

I actually don't think I would change much. I think the ancient platform is kind of charming. Faster loading and more emojis would be nice though.

loves: humiliation, gags, bodywriting, bondage, games
limits: pics with face, messing with sleep, public, heavy blackmail, videos, permanent, scat, extreme pain Note: I transitioned years ago - wearing women's clothes isn't a dare. If you give me a sissy-themed dare, I will ignore you.

Full likes/limits | Toys/Items I Own | PM Dares (friends only for a bit) | My current rules
amethyst353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:41 PM   #7
Switch528
Distinguished Member

I think that some kind of system like the one submissive task where a dare could be "accepted" and tracked through to verification. It would be nice to see people with some sort of score showing they actually complete tasks and are not just looking for wank material.
Switch528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:35 AM   #8
Blue Griffin
Prodigy

1. Cant say i’ve touched the messenger threads, but i’d appreciate the same in some other threads. I think there is/was? like a 25 post limit per hour or something, but it is annoying when someone post repeatedly in the person above threads and has their name as the person that posted most recently on 24/27 threads.

2. I like the idea. Having just an option create a poll in a post would be neat. It would be tricky to make sure it’s no abused though. Either the thread creator should have permission to do so or anyone could throw up a poll and clutter up a thread (a bit of a hassle I’d expect)

3. (Shrug) Seems neat, but I don’t think it would be used unless for that specific case.

4. This wouldn’t really do much. You’d need an extended range of symbols, allow people to change it who transition/are gender fluid, some people don’t want to list their gender, and many will still lie about it. All you would reduce is checking that page and as you pointed out would put more of a beacon on females. I understand the reasoning and in an ideal world would be nice, but it really doesn’t help females as it marks them.

5. Creating a wrapper for a game system would be useful as a lot of people play those. I don’t think spectating would be really needed as I don’t think there would ever be enough of a draw, but agree having done generic game or two would be great.

6. Yeah, the chat seems a little... archaic? Vintage? A nice coat of paint would be appreciated.

7. It looks like you can, but you have to upload the image first.

8. Why do you bookmark the threads you create? There a search function for every person on their profile page. Posts I get, especially if you want to remember one that’s posted on someone else’s thread, but on your own it’s not that tricky. Also it would be a bit of a drag on their end I expect. They don’t really want to keep the 1000 post of someone adding a keyword to a thread or and over.

9. Never really ran into this issue, but I have not reason not to support it.

Overall some good ideas and some I would like to see.
Maybe: Bondage, line writing, corner time,
Hard limits: Pain, Poop, Pee, nudity, cum eating, anal, masturbate/edging, enemas, public, pics, hypnos, cam
Full signature here!
Blue Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:59 PM   #9
Sacurason

First off...dang, here I was thinking I was being a jerk for posting in a messenger thread every few months! Had no idea that people just spammed those.

I don't know how, precisely, but I wish there was a way to nudge people towards participating more in the various person above/game threads. The gripe I have with GD that often leaves me turned off to the site for several months is that I'll try to play these thread games, and as a switch/sub I end up with seventeen million "slaves" and not getting a single dare from any of the folks I "lost" to.

If I play the game in good faith, try to give people good dares, all that - You just end up putting in more work than you get out. But how do you resolve that? Ranking? Individual thread moderation?

Loves: Self Foot Worship, Pic/Vid Proof Feet (smell/dirt/sweat), Edging, Messy(foot-focused)
Likes: Long/Challenging Dares, Dice Dares, Mild/Long Denial, Cumplay
Dislikes: Corner time
Limits: Anal, Pee, Pain, Illegal, Family, Face/Full Body Pics (unless I know you)

Looking for:
Someone to trade escalating, evil dares back and forth with!

PM/Favs
My Feet Pics
Blog!

kik!
I top too as long as I get some tasks too! Sacurason2
Sacurason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:17 AM   #10
tomasz.rodent
getDare Devil

I agree with 2, 3, 5, 7, 8.

1 - I'm not so sure. Different threads has different topics. Instead I would suggest. Keep 30 s between posts, but not more than let's say 30 per 2 h.
But still we would break threads looks boys girls 0-40.

4. would be nice from top point of view, but, it might cause a lot of unwanted spam for ladies.

6. I'm not sure what do you mean by that

Likes: control (cumming, edging, jerking-off, JOI, denial/chastity), torture (ballbusting, CBT, nipples) [for beginners or experience ones], sometimes exercises and more.

I do NOT do blackmail. I sometimes exposure willing models pics/vids. If you want your pic/vid exposed by me require obvious and clear consent.
tomasz.rodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 02:38 PM   #11
Sarah-Louisecd

I would change how for example the name you can use and how to take Latest Infractions Received removed as it was from 2012

Clothing
Likes and Dislikes
Sarah-Louisecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:56 PM   #12
rhl
getDare Succubus

I would like to see an easier way to find local people..
Old 09-13-2021, 09:19 AM   #13
Dice7
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloxo View Post
Hello all,

1. Limit postings to messenger threads...is anyone else tired of seeing one user spam Kik threads?
- Seriously...just stop, we get it...you're horny and in desperate need of attention, don't push everyone elses posts out of the way so you take centre stage...
I would personally like to limit the number of postings to say 3 per day, am I alone here?
yup!

For me some kind of verification that users are who they say they are I guess. I get why pictures etc are such a hard limit for people but I've wasted my time with catfishes and fakes enough times I can't really be bothered in investing in dare giving or relationships on here anymore

Unsure: pee, anal, pic/audio proof, dildo sucking/swallow

Dislikes:light crossdress, edging/denial, extreme humiliation, full public, mild ass2mouth, ball torture

Limits: Diapers, scat, full cross dress, pics/videos that identify me
PM/KIK DARES https://bit.ly/2X8Od9N
EXPOSE MEhttps://bit.ly/3AxE70x
Dice7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:43 AM   #14
theexplorer

Default Hello

Hello everyone, it would be a good idea to have a verification process to know that you are really chatting with a male/female like on kinktalk where you post a pic to the admin with a random message of his/her choosing.
theexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:10 AM   #15
SilverBlue

Lightbulb GetDare

I see a lot of these suggestions relate more to how people use the site than how the site works. People play games online, some want attention, others are just horny and looking for something to spank themselves too. I never bother with the messenger or "person above" threads, mostly because they seem to me to be a bit of a farce, but it appeals to people like those I just mentioned. You do you I guess, I just don't feel like I fit in with that crowd.

I think KT has a few more modern features, for a site that has less members. I wish that get dare had some of the features of its kinkier counterpart, the achievements/awards system for example, "likes" for posts, view counts for media with options to share with specific users instead of just public/private. I like the more modern use of emojis as reactions too, KT just needs proper notifications for chat. Otherwise, the KT site template would be my preference for Getdare as well.

I guess it depends on what activity other people get up to, but I just enjoy sharing experiences that might interest people. To me, it's a site for people with fetishes from exhibitionism, cross-dressing, bdsm, or other random kinks.. to share and discuss in a "safe" environment without judgment, with other like-minded people - a "community".

Fucktoy Dare reports Snapchat profile: -. Likes & Dislikes. Only on Getdare + Snapchat (accept no imitations!)
SilverBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk