Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 09-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #1
pranadevil
Distinguished Member

Default The "this song should be listened to" thread

Yes, there's another music thread, but I have a different idea for this.

Rule are simple, before you post you are required to listen to one of the most recently posted songs and actually comment on it.

The plan is to prevent it simply becoming a list thread with "yeah, I'm listening to this" and ignoring everything else.

Ideally you would listen to the most recently posted song, but that's not always doable if three people post in a short time frame of each other. But if you spot a song has had no attention, maybe give it a go?

Oh, and feel free to post reviews about multiple songs in the thread, the whole point is finding new music!

And just in case anyone was unsure...

ONE SONG PER POST!

--------------

So, the first song I'm opening this with is, despite my metal head exterior, my favourite band of all time ever, cheesy, tongue in cheek, pop masters who were previously part of The Cuban Boys (they did that Hamster Dance song C Vs I... yes them)

Spray - We're All Made Of Stars

Musically it's such an upbeat sounding track, which gives a definite feeling of "you can do anything".

Lyrically it tells you that you are wasting your time, why bother, you don't matter.

So maybe don't listen if you are having a depressing time of things...
Limits: Illegal activities (underage, bestiality etc.)

Full Day Of Control Dare

Song Contest Thread

Kik is broken
Skype - live:thecruelmaster82
pranadevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
ScribeOfThe69

The best way I can describe it is as an 'Ironic upbeat song'. The beat is fun and definitely uplifting, and the start of the chorus definitely is somewhat empowering... until you see the lyrics, and then you achieve cronic nihilism. On a positive side, it does make you reflect upon the size and magnitude of space, and how tiny humanity as a whole is. It's also cheesy. 8/10, hear it during jogs or bus rides, just don't pay attention to the lyrics.

The band whose song I'll indicate is best described as a mix between jazz, electronic pop, and lounge music. Indeed, it is Caravan Palace and it's electro swing, Rock it for me!

Likes, Dislikes, and Limits

PM Dares & Tasks progress.

Story I wrote(to be updated with more stories as I write them)
ScribeOfThe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:57 AM   #3
cloudness
getDare Sweetheart

Considering we have a what song people are listening to thread, and members can post a link, i wouldn't really say this is needed =p
Old 09-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #4
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudness View Post
Considering we have a what song people are listening to thread, and members can post a link, i wouldn't really say this is needed =p
This is a different concept though. It isn't about what you are listening to right now, but rather something you want others to take a listen to and then comment on.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
pranadevil
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScribeOfThe69 View Post
The band whose song I'll indicate is best described as a mix between jazz, electronic pop, and lounge music. Indeed, it is Caravan Palace and it's electro swing, Rock it for me!
I like it!

Right out of the gate that beat has me toe tapping and finger clicking quite happily. I actually like a bit of jazz, but never listen to anywhere near enough. This is a cracking little tune, may well find this added to my regular playlist in fact.

I also implore anyone who loves upbeat, solidly fun music, to give that a listen. Was worth the thread creation for me just for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
This is a different concept though. It isn't about what you are listening to right now, but rather something you want others to take a listen to and then comment on.
It's almost like the first post wasn't read before they commented.

Now, as for the next track I'm going for (because I want this thread moving, and I replied to Scribe's blinding track) Complete History Of The Soviet Union, Arranged To The Melody Of Tetris by Pig With The Face Of A Boy.

It's... the Tetris theme. Not much else to say about the music side. Although there are tempo changes, and entertaining switch-ups throughout the entirety of it. The greatness comes in the fact that it's literally a history lesson in musical form and is so brilliantly done that it is less learning, and more just entertainment. You are unlikely to be disappointed.
Limits: Illegal activities (underage, bestiality etc.)

Full Day Of Control Dare

Song Contest Thread

Kik is broken
Skype - live:thecruelmaster82
pranadevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #6
Raziel78
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranadevil View Post
I like it!

Right out of the gate that beat has me toe tapping and finger clicking quite happily. I actually like a bit of jazz, but never listen to anywhere near enough. This is a cracking little tune, may well find this added to my regular playlist in fact.

I also implore anyone who loves upbeat, solidly fun music, to give that a listen. Was worth the thread creation for me just for that!

It's almost like the first post wasn't read before they commented.

Now, as for the next track I'm going for (because I want this thread moving, and I replied to Scribe's blinding track) Complete History Of The Soviet Union, Arranged To The Melody Of Tetris by Pig With The Face Of A Boy.

It's... the Tetris theme. Not much else to say about the music side. Although there are tempo changes, and entertaining switch-ups throughout the entirety of it. The greatness comes in the fact that it's literally a history lesson in musical form and is so brilliantly done that it is less learning, and more just entertainment. You are unlikely to be disappointed.
Just a listen both Rock It For Me and Complete History Of The Soviet Union, Arranged To The Melody Of Tetris. Both excellent songs.Thank you to both for posting them. Rock it for me is a really upbeat, jazz, finger clicking song. That's definitely going on my music list.

How about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwMowPviUAQ

Pentatonix Hallelujah - an older song in a Acappella, a very powerful song
Raziel78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk