Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 06-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Wrench getDare.com Moderator Applications

While normally getDare.com staff are not chosen via application, we have decided in this case to allow members who feel that they are qualified to help moderate the website to make themselves known.

Please answer the following questions in this thread. Any PMs, etc. will be taken as someone incapable of following instructions and ignored. And private sucking up will also be ignored. Or maybe banned. Possibly banned. Nelly: Definitely banned.

1. Tell us about yourself. Who are you?

2. What have you used the site for during the time you've been a member?

3. How have you personally contributed to the website?

4. Why should we select you as a moderator on getDare.com?

5. What is something really embarrassing about you that isn't publicly known?

6. Do you think I'm a dickhead? Honest answers please. This is to test whether you will give in to peer pressure.

7. Can you put up with Pingu? Think about this one very carefully.

We are looking forward to your applications!
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
DirtyDarez
getDare Sweetheart

Well my name is Jayson and I'm from Ireland. I've been a member of getDare for a good few months now and love it! I'm pretty talkative and polite and get along with a lot of other members on the site. I'm smart enough aswell, not like major smart or anything, but you know, average

I first came on the site to explore the different aspects of it, afterwards, once I found out what it was that I enjoyed, I began searching for a relationship with someone and although I've met some really cool people throughout, I haven't found it just yet, but fingers crossed I like starting threads too but have only had a few that got a lot of comments lol. Other than that, getDare is one of the first sites I open up, it's become something of a habbit :P

Hmm, I'm not too sure. I suppose I've started threads which generated a fair amount of comments and I've told some people about the site who have then signed up to it. So I haven't contributed a great deal to the website but theres still lots of time

Well I think I'd be a good moderator and would like the chance to see what it's like. I can get on with just about anyone and I'm pretty commited to the site. I have lots of free time which is usually spent here and I'd love to be part of the team. I'd also like to be able to help improve the site in any way that needs be.

Emm I wet the bed till I was 12? Don't think I've told anyone that lol

6. Do you think I'm a dickhead? Honest answers please. This is to test whether you will give in to peer pressure.
Honestly, I don't know, I've never talked to you I don't think. You don't seem like a dickhead from what I've seen but I'm pretty honest so if I thought you where I'd tell you lol.
DirtyDarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
PerfectlyImperfect
Account Banned

Default Application

My name is Anonymous, but people call me PI, I'm 21 and live far off the grid with my father currently helping him rebuild his house. After that I will disappear again, I am 5'3" 110 pds, medium length hair, hazel eyes, I am really kind, enjoyable and polite. (or so people say) But as with anything I can have a dark side. My heritage is Italian and I value knowledge.

Creating a story, Pleasing people by giving them complex and intriguing dares, Chatting with people, finding common ground between people. See I think it doesn't matter who you are, I think that no matter what we can be friends, I am sure we have something in common, and if not then show me something I don't know.

I have told people who don't use this site about it, with truth only like five people, I really don't want them to know who I am, lol. I have told people where they posted wrongly, and where someone messed up a thread cause they didn't see how to post. (that doesn't help the site really, but order is important.)

Because I would devote a good portion of my time to making sure the site stays in working order, help with moving threads where people post wrongly, I don't actually know all the duties of "mods" But I can try my best and hope that I won't let you down.

hmm, Well, the only thing I can think of is that I like to wear panties, they are comfortable and it's always arousing. I don't do it all the time, just once in a while, and when ever I do I feel nervous, like what if the rear of my shirt comes up too much? So many variables.

If you just asked, do you think I'm a dickhead, I would say no. Even with the honest answers please, But where you say, "This is to test whether you will give in to peer pressure." It seems multiple people think of you as a dickhead? Well I don't give in to peer pressure, I will have to talk to you myself before I make such accusations.

Peace and Respect.
PerfectlyImperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Ranzid
Account Banned

A fine question , I'm ranzid , I'm 29 and my shoe size is 10, I joined the forum 1 and a half years ago. I'm always tinkering with some electronics or computer based system. I always enjoy joking around and chatting with people especially if I can learn a new perspective on something.

To begin with this site informed me about a host of things I never knew existed , I have read stories that have made my pants tingle , seen jokes that have made me almost wet myself and ive seen a chat community that is both welcoming and friendly for the most part. These days I spend most of my time in the chat room and peruse the forums for the finest they have to offer.

As I said before I practically Live in the chat room , and when newcomers arrive to our fine shores I , with other like minded individuals , welcome said newcomers and help to direct to where they need to go , help them with adverts or just generally introduce them to the regulars. I also talk to members of the site on chat about what dares/activities they do and advise them if certain practices are dangerous or unsafe, I like to think that I keep people safe and help people enjoy themselves.

During my time on the internet I have run 2 websites that have had forums , and been a moderator on 3 other websites. So I have quite extensive experience in the day to day activities of a moderator. I am very slow to anger or get frustrated and find a polite and often fun approach defuses situations thus negating the need for intervention.
I think having a lot of patience and an understanding that moderating isn't glamorous for 99% of the time would allow me to make mature and accurate decisions on moderating issues.
I have made a lot of friends since I joined this site and so I would like to

I own a tape of Madonna's vogue single. Don't Judge me.

Having seen your left testicle for a privately arranged fee I can attest to the correct location of your genitalia.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
luvNgrl

Default My MOD application :)

Hi My name is luvNgrl. I am a 24 yr old from the US. In real life I am a very dominant individual. I teach dance and am a manager at the store I currently work at. On getdare however, I am a submissive. I am owned by a super Master dinosaur. I have many nicknames on here including luv, SAS, slut, and dinosub. I love talking to people and getting to know them. I like trying new things and helping out in any way I can.

Over a year ago, I was looking for sexy stories and actually stumbled upon this site. I checked it out a couple days and was very curious. I researched bdsm and became very interested in becoming a sub. This triggered my joining of the site. Within a month, I found the perfect dom for me. In the beginning, I mainly lurked and enjoyed reading the stories and looking at what crazy dares people were doing. It took me almost a month to go on the chat, which is where I spend most of my time now. I mainly continue to come back each day to talk to the friends I have made and to help out in whatever ways I can.

My first month on the site was filled with many trials with some not so good masters. This has lead me to want to help all new masters and especially subs. I am on chat quite a bit trying to answer questions for newbies and make them feel welcome. I never don't say hi when someone comes into the room (unless of course Im not paying attention) I have tried to report people when needed and make sure that this site is a safe and fun place for all.

I have little experience as a moderator, but I am willing to learn. I think I should be a moderator because many of the regulars have grown to trust me and my advice. I also get a lot of newbies asking for my guidence aswell, and I really enjoy helping them out. Because I am known to help the community, I think I would be respected as a moderator. I think I could really make a huge difference on the site and I would love to do my part to keep getdare amazing.

Dang this is a hard question as getdare has gotten to know me pretty well and seen many of the things I keep very private. Only a couple people know this...recently I have been given the nickname SAS (silly anal slut) as my first time I ever did anal was due to me losing a bet.

This question actually made me wonder if this application was for real or not. Well this one time, Leo banned me from chat for no good reason other than to make a point, at this moment I thought possibly Leo was a dickhead, but only at that moment. I think Leo is a really nice guy and have had many private conversations with him.

Submissive of Master Balki

Likes: humiliation, being controlled, pet play, bondage, spanking, anal, orgasm control/denial, light pain
Dislikes: more than light pain, age play, pee/poo control, annoying drivers
Limits: family, illegal, permanent

Toys: rope, vibes, hitachi, anal plugs, suction dildo, lovense lush
luvNgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Madelyne
getDare Sweetheart

Me? Oh, of course you're talking about me. Well, I'm Madelyne, I'm 5'4", and a bundle of fun. I'm quite energetic, talkative, persuasive, and I'm quite a good debater. I'm nineteen years old, and am a submissive. While I've tried to be a switch, it just never works out. Oh well. I'm attracted to brains over braun any day, and in order to capture my attention, we have to have an intelligent conversation beforehand.

Mostly for dares, however I have used the site for S/M, and activities of the like. That only just happened within the last two years though! I mostly asked for dares when I was younger, however I'm starting to get into them more.

I add my thoughts to what has been posted. I often just add something to give extra thought to, or just my opinion. Sometimes I'll add a dare, or something like that.

I think I would make a good moderator, because I've been here for years. Even though I'm not always on 100% of the time, when I am online I try to contribute. I think I have some leadership skills, and I would like to convey them. Plus I like helping people out, and I feel I could do that.

Embarrassing? Oh god. Well there are plenty of embarrassing things about me. I honestly think the most embarrassing thing about me is that I can be plenty childish in ways. I am such an avid fan of Disney, and have most of the lines to The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast memorized. Or the fact that when I got my period, I thought I was going to die and put band aids down there. :x Hey, I was 10, cut me some slack!

No, I don't think you're a dickhead. Although we've had our ups and downs, you're a genuine person. You try to do what in your mind is right, although it might not convey that way to others. Sometimes you can be aggravating, and I know I can be too, but no, you're not a dickhead. We've had many conversations, and you're quite entertaining, hahaha!

Of course. I love my Pingi! He's my friend, we don't really fight, plus he has a lovely nephew that I plan to eventually kidnap. <3 AYDEN IS MY BABY.

Last edited by Madelyne; 06-18-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Madelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
Id.
getDare Sweetheart

Flag Blue

I am nobody. I lead a very boring life with few frills. I like it when unusual or random things happen, because it makes life more interesting. I have my fair share of flaws, and have made more mistakes in my life than I can count, but I see that as a blessing in disguise because each one taught me something unique, and it has taught me to be unique. I have interests in politics, reading, Star Trek, my cats (not that way though), men (yes that way), and women (also that way). I am dominant when it comes to men, and more or less vanilla when it comes to women, with an occassional interest in femdom. I have been on getDare a little over a year now.

I have learned a lot about the slave/master scene, as well as giving truths or dares online. I have also found two relatively consistent and long term "slaves" on the site, in addition to a number of more casual experiences. I like to read the site generally as a way to relax.

My participation on the site is pretty low key. I have enjoyed giving out random questions to people seeking truths and thoughtful dares to others. I have discovered that giving truths and dares is more about what they want, and not about what I want, and I think that has made some of my posts successful, and I have on occassion gone out of my way to find those who have been unsuccessful at getting responses. I have had a few flops, who hasn't, but I feel this is a positive, if modest, contribution. I also have periodically helped the moderators by reporting underage users, misplaced threads, etc.

I visit the site almost daily, and I am willing to make the extra time commitment to serve the getDare community. I am someone who can do the job quietly and quickly to help keep the site running in good order. My approach would be to contact legitimate but misguided users privately and respectfully to help them prevent problems in the future, while taking needed actions on the site without much public ado. Making my own mistakes in life, and even on this site, gives me the humility and patience to help people learn.

I voted for George W. Bush. I am soooo sorry. But as I said, I learn from my mistakes. I did not vote for him in 04.

I don't know you well enough to judge.

I don't know Pingu either. But having worked in politics (no, I'm not your corrupt congressman), I think I can interact well with a lot of different people.
Id. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
Stellz
Distinguished Member

Location: A boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

I'm Stellz.

This site is totally useless.

Me personally? Nothing.

Because you're all lazy and want someone new to care and do the reports.

What does this even have to do with being a mod? I'm pretty sure you just couldn't think of any better questions.

Yes.

No.

29 She/Her Married & Monogamous
Owner of my pup and husband
Ask me about our adventures <3

Stellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
cheesy dude
Distinguished Member

What kind of weird subliminal trick questions are Q6. and 7. ?
I like Q 5 but agree with stellz :P

^_^
cheesy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
The Evil Porlo
Distinguished Member

Cool My application, please consider me

Well, I am The Evil Porlo and I have been here for years and I have grown to love this place a lot. After a small period out, I realised how much I missed Getdare. As you can see, I have had many thanks and I have given many posts. I have even had people messaging me asking me how to use the site. I speak to many peoplle and have even got some of my mates to sign up.
You name it, Ive done it. I have asked for dares and given them, posted truths and answered them. I have applied and advertised for both slaves and masters and have always had a good response. As a member of the Elite section too, I think people must really like me.
If you counted the amount of times I have pressed the report button, you wouldn't believe me. I have seen underage users not banned, posts in the wrong section, bumping and even advertising other websites (porn). Helping people out when new too.
I have been here for years and know this place like the back of my hand. I'm friends with some of the staff here and I would be a quality member of the team. I have been admin/staff on other forum sites and even own one of my own. I am good at leading, helping and when it comes to it, doing what needs to be done (banning people).
I believe that everyone knows my embarrassing past, but you dont know that I knocked a mop bucket full of water over at work today. BIGGEST LAUGH EVER.
It takes a lot for me to think negative things and I think your a good person. You are certainly not a dickhead, at least not to me, but any more questions and I may change my mind.
Pingu = Legend (so is Depp and MBP)

Can I just point out that I have messaged Depp previously about being mod and he said that he will keep me in mind when a vacancy comes up.

1. Your boss is always yelling, "I wanna see your ass in here by 8:00!"
2. "I'd love to chip in, but I left my wallet in my pants."
3. You want to see if it's like the dream.
4. People stop stealing your pens after they've seen where you keep them.
5. Diverts attention from the fact that you also came to work drunk.
6. Gives "bad hair day" a whole new meaning.
7. No one steals your chair.

Stories posted by me:

Snapchat - MySlaveBoys
KIK - TommyPDaddy

www . into dare . com / chats

Last edited by The Evil Porlo; 06-23-2012 at 09:05 AM.
The Evil Porlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
fromo
Distinguished Member

Well, here's a little something from me, might as well try my luck, hope I don't repeat myself to much. Though some of them O.o different Q's... -does thinking face-

My Names Peter, I'm 20 and I'm a male 'cs/trans', and student curently studying at university, I've just completed my first year of my course in graphic design, with my asperation to become an illustrator/graphic designer.
I've been a member of the site for about a year and a half so far, though of course lurked before hand as many others have done.
I am a complete geek, love comics/manga/anime. I play the guitar, studying my grade 8 classical guitar atm. I'm a switch, though primarily a dom, and have several excellent subs who I'm proud to say are my subs.

Originaly, I used the site souly as a means to search for an online sub or two, and over time, I began to regular chat, becoming one of the most regular users to be in chat, though not always watching, that would be hard to do, unless I had 2 screen's set up...
WIth using the chat as often as I have, I've made some excellent friends through the chat and other area's of the forums, mainly the s/m section of the site.

I've been there as a shoulder for a fair few of the members, many have gone now, but I've always been an ear when someones needed someone to talk to, to ask for advice and such, I'd visit some threads and post my opinions of certain situations or solutions to things at times as well.
I spent a time where I would highlight how to improve adds by posting within the threads, nothing fancy, but after a time, I was requested to stop by the mods, so did, seeing the logic of why I was being asked to stop.
I attempted to arange a monthly art competition once, but it fell apart before it was started due to lack of intrest from other users. I've also given an edit to the trust system type up, giving my thoughts over a few points of it and summarizing the basic version.

I'm able to commit allot of time to helping out with things, and would love to be able to, with being a member of the site as long as I have, as regularly as I have, I would generally like to be able to contribute back to the site.
I can generally guarantee honesty, and once I learn how to do things, that I can generally be very active in whatever place I'm placed, without caving to pushy friends... I can be rather stubborn on moving away from certain parameters, wont even torrent things, lol... unless you include a youtube audio converter.
I'm also a very patient person... a very... very patient person...

I'm a complete geek... oh wait... that's no secret... What else...

... Ooh! Got it... I actually liked the 3rd transformers Movie 'Dark of the Moon'...

I don't know you well enough to give a honest answer, you just never really talk to me, so, I've never been able to get to know you properly. Annoying when you continually spammed your story into the chat ¬_¬ anyone else would of been booted, you douche.

I've put up with him so far haven't I?
Will find a vessel in the paleblood moon..."

My Current Add Searching For A Sub:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=431569
fromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellz View Post
Yes.

No.

I like Stellz, her application is pretty much perfect.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post

I like Stellz, her application is pretty much perfect.
No it isn't, she doesn't want to do reports either.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
Red
Sona Forever

Thumbs up Mod Application

For starters, I'm a 21 year old American who has red hair. I am a college student and will be graduating in 3 semesters with a degree in nursing. In person, I actually tend to be pretty quiet and only tend to say anything when I feel as though it is important and will contribute to the conversation. I have a lot of patience for others and wish to help however I can. Sure, sometimes I can be a troll but that's only after I've realized that the person isn't even listening to the advice that is being given. I am considered intelligent by those around me and have been told my head is on straight (thank goodness, I really don't need a crooked head).

When I first started as a member here I mainly used the Request TORD Online forum. I answered some truths and did a couple of dares, but then I found the chat. I lurked for a bit to get the feel of things and then slowly started talking to the others in the room. Since then, I have become a regular with a good amount of people that recognize me. The chat is by far my favorite part of the site, I do enjoy reading through the stories from time to time, too. Another part of the chat that I enjoy to peruse is the Slave/Master Area. It's interesting to read the advice that others are giving and I've learned quite a bit from that section.

My personal contribution to the site could be observed in the chat. I welcome most members when they enter the lounge and if I see that someone is requesting dares or looking for a master in there, I politely direct them to the BDSM Exchange room. If someone is stating that they have a question or need help with something, I usually will whisper them asking if I can help and I try my best to help them figure out what to do. With being in the medical field, when I lurk in the BDSM Exchange room and see that there are medically dangerous dares being given, I tend to give my two cents as to why that would not be a safe dare to do and how it could be changed so the person can still have their fun. My final contribution would be that I'm not afraid to use the report button if I see that something is wrong. I just wish I didn't have to bother the current mods with more reports and could deal with it myself.

With being a college student, I have a lot of spare time on my hands. I currently pretty much just sit and lurk in the chat rooms all day. I would be happy to help with reports and other work that needs to be done around the site. I'm mature but at the same time I know how to have fun so I may not be a hard ass mod that everyone would hate. I also don't do things halfway, if I start a job, then I'm going to finish it and I'm going to do it well. It also takes a lot to get me very frustrated, so I'm able to deal with idiots without making rash decisions. I have a history of being a counselor and am able to listen to all sides of a story before coming to my decision.

Unless I'm spending the night with someone, I sleep with this crazy ridiculous retainer. Seriously, it's huge and is pretty scary looking. Only family and one friend has seen me with it in =/

I actually don't think that you're a dickhead. I find you to be relatively funny and not dick-like.

I haven't had a problem with him yet, so I would say yes. Unless there's something I don't know about him...is he not really a penguin?! That might be a deal breaker if he's not.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:15 AM   #15
andom4444
Moderator & Nice Guy

very hard to decide.

I moderate in the shadows, blocking and deleting those who post nude photos etc, so it is hard to decide. Most members wouldn't believe the number of cock photos that have to get deleted on a daily basis.

Hidden Public, Semi-Public, Exhibitionism, Nudity, Voyeurism, Toys, Light to Medium Pain (Pegs etc)
Limits:
Friends, Family, Scat, Beastiality, Hair, Findom, Work, Blood, Scat, Vomit

andom4444 is offline   Reply With Quote