Old 04-01-2022, 09:11 AM   #1
BarefootAlien
Barer of Feet

Smile A Question About PMs

Heh, almost put PMS, but that's a whole different thing. xD

So, I have a question! A very respectful, humble, hopefully inoffensive question. *genuflects and offers worshipful toe kisses for the mods and maintainers*

I've been here a long time, and though it's only very rarely been an issue, I do occasionally run up against the limit of stored messages in PMs. For better or worse, I'm a "keep my online footprint forever" kind of person, and sometimes look through old PMs or emails for nostalgia, or for reference, to find old friends, etc.

I'm sure that limit was very necessary when GD was being born many, many years ago... but storage in general is so super cheap anymore, I'm wondering if it could be revisited? Especially with the image limit in posts, it seems like even a few megabytes per user would be effectively infinite storage and get rid of one small inconvenience for everybody.

Of course, I don't know what the server, registry, etc for this site costs, and I could easily be wrong, in which case, this isn't a whine or a complaint or anything.

Thank you for maintaining this amazing site for so many years! I and many others appreciate all your hard work at creating easily the most important community for Truth or Dare on the planet!

~Bare

I most enjoy giving dares involving exhibitionism, nudity, orgasms, and bare feet.

I like to give dares/commands to people who are eager and grateful to obey, not ones who have to be blackmailed or brow-beaten into doing things.

I do not support chastity or long-term denial. My philosophy as a dom is almost diametrically opposed.

I adore, encourage, and truthfully answer, virtually all questions.

Last edited by BarefootAlien; 04-01-2022 at 09:13 AM.
BarefootAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:36 AM   #2
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Your pm storage does go up if you are a paid subscriber.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Old 04-01-2022, 09:44 AM   #3
BarefootAlien
Barer of Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Um... hrm. Well, I... didn't even know that was possible.

And now that I do, I don't see any obvious way to get to the option...

So maybe my suggestion should change to be to make that more obvious?

Were _do_ I find the option...? <_<

And how much is it? I'm very poor, but I might be able to afford a very modest subscription.

I most enjoy giving dares involving exhibitionism, nudity, orgasms, and bare feet.

I like to give dares/commands to people who are eager and grateful to obey, not ones who have to be blackmailed or brow-beaten into doing things.

I do not support chastity or long-term denial. My philosophy as a dom is almost diametrically opposed.

Old 04-01-2022, 10:24 AM   #4
Matt:
getDare Cultist (Inner Circle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootAlien View Post
Um... hrm. Well, I... didn't even know that was possible.

And now that I do, I don't see any obvious way to get to the option...

So maybe my suggestion should change to be to make that more obvious?

Were _do_ I find the option...? <_<

And how much is it? I'm very poor, but I might be able to afford a very modest subscription.
go to user control panel, then it's paid subscriptions under Miscellaneous on left.

$10 for 1 year or $1000 for 500 years

Current Rule - I have to do all picture requests by females and I must show my full face

Sam, forever in my heart, I will always miss you <3
Matt: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 04:25 PM   #5
BarefootAlien
Barer of Feet

Oh! Yeah... I can do ten bucks a year. xD Thanks!

Old 04-01-2022, 04:47 PM   #6
BarefootAlien
Barer of Feet

Quote:
Subscribed!

Maybe that could be unlimited? I just don't wanna have to worry about it. Not that 2500 will be an issue for quite some time. xD

The following user says Thank You to BarefootAlien for this post:
Old 04-01-2022, 06:34 PM   #7
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootAlien View Post
Subscribed!

Maybe that could be unlimited? I just don't wanna have to worry about it. Not that 2500 will be an issue for quite some time. xD
Depp makes those decisions. I think there are fewer than 50 active subscribed users. It would probably go a long way if there was an increase in that number. However as you said, it probably isn't super well known. Part of that problem is that people don't read.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 04-01-2022, 06:38 PM   #8
BarefootAlien
Barer of Feet

I mean, I read... but who carefully reads every last link in a list of account options in a side bar? You scan that sort of thing for the option you're looking for, and then click it. xD

Seriously, try putting an announcement at the top, or even just pinned in each sub-forum. Or maybe send out a PM to all members, though that gets a little Wikipedia-like, heh.

Or maybe make it one of the navigation links at the top? Or something in the login box?

Old 04-01-2022, 07:20 PM   #9
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

I didn't mean specifically about the subscription ... I currently have an announcement running in the forum's with common issues with reports and yet I still have the same issues occur everyday. 😂 I know there are great members here but also I have learned that people don't read. They don't read the rules that are posted at the top of every forum, they don't read the FAQ or the post about what each forum is meant for ... They just don't.

So yes, I agree it probably could use some attention but also, I don't know if it will really do a whole lot. So in the meantime, I direct people there when they ask the questions.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 04-02-2022, 03:08 AM   #10
FrostbittenSoul
Dungeon Master

So glad you asked this question ... I had no idea there was a paid subscription option ... I will gladly sign up and support this great site.
FrostbittenSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 01:38 PM   #11
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Quote:
I didn't mean specifically about the subscription ... I currently have an announcement running in the forum's with common issues with reports and yet I still have the same issues occur everyday. 😂 I know there are great members here but also I have learned that people don't read. They don't read the rules that are posted at the top of every forum, they don't read the FAQ or the post about what each forum is meant for ... They just don't.

So yes, I agree it probably could use some attention but also, I don't know if it will really do a whole lot. So in the meantime, I direct people there when they ask the questions.
Maybe you should record the FAQ and rules as voice mail

Be careful: Long Term, Denial/forced Orgasm, Cum Eating, Poo, Heavy Pain, Rules, Bladder Control

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Non-Consensual, Public, Shaving, Sissification, Time Wasting

Toys: Ropes, Whips, Clothpins, Plugs, ...

Manarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 02:30 PM   #12

Another option, if you would like to retain a record of your past conversations/interactions (which I completely understand, as I am the same way) is to download old messages before deleting them. From your PM inbox, you can select messages with the tickbox in the rightmost column (the same way that you would select them to delete them or move them to a different folder) and then at the bottom of the page where there is the option that says "Selected messages: Move to folder" change it to say "Download as XML/CSV/TEXT" (depending on which format you want to download them as). Although it has been a while since I used this feature and I don't remember if it includes the complete conversation history (when you reply to an existing message, or someone else replies to your message) or if it just includes the actual messages that you selected.

Mostly gay, mostly dominant, mid-20s, slightly muscular but not very

Please read my likes/limits page before giving me a dare in a public thread. If you give me a dare that is outside my limits then you will likely be ignored.

Add time to keep my nipples clamped (male only): 0/20 minutes clothes pegs, 0/0 minutes binder clips
20171020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forums, private messaging, suggestions