Old 12-10-2021, 06:53 PM   #1
depp
SysOp

Default Email issues mostly resolved

We had a misconfiguration that prevented all emails from sending for a period of time. This has been resolved and we should be back to our normal levels of unreliability.

We have been blacklisted by a few email providers so if you are having issues registering, try another one.
Old 12-21-2021, 07:05 PM   #2
cloudness
getDare Sweetheart

why was we blacklisted?
Old 12-21-2021, 07:18 PM   #3
FrostbittenSoul
Dungeon Master

Some email servers get mistaken for being spammers if they exhibit the same characteristics, such as mass mailings going out. The server gets flagged and can be added to a blacklist, which is used to combat real spammers. Sometimes legitimate email servers gets added to that list, and sometimes it is a bitch to get your IP address removed from it. If getDare's server wasn't sending out emails, then all of a sudden emails started going out by the hundreds, it could have triggered such an event.

Last edited by FrostbittenSoul; 12-22-2021 at 01:58 PM.
FrostbittenSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 07:28 PM   #4
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostbittenSoul View Post
Some email servers get mistaken for being spammers if they exhibit the same characteristics, such as mass mailings going out. The server gets flagged and can be added to a blacklist, which is used to combat real spammers. Sometimes legitimate email servers gets added to that list, and sometimes it is a bitch to get your IP address removed from it. If getDare's server wasn't sending out emails, then all of a sudden emails started going out by the hundreds, it could have triggered such an event.
cool beans ....16 chars