Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

View Poll Results: Interested in participating in & influencing the story/weekly game outcomes??
Yes 18 90.00%
No 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #1
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Question It all started when Sam suggested Strip Poker

Background:

This thread/story is an experiment and may or may not work as it will require interaction from other Members.

The idea came from two sources:
1. The very excellent fiction by Rachie some years back 'Strip Poker with a twist', which was never actually finalised....
2. A thread I saw on FetLife about the dynamic of some games had been played by some students (M and F mixed) at a College or University some years ago: actually it was Strip Hearts they played not Strip Poker as one or two felt they'd be disadvantaged at poker but were OK with Hearts. They were already part of a vanilla games group met weekly, so adjourned for the 'Strip' game afterwards. To keep things interesting they agreed only one loser per night, after which game ended and next game wasn't till next week.

So to make things more interesting, I came up with this idea. There'd still be the weekly games but there'd be a way in which posters could influence which player was the loser each week, by posting a weekly poll. So I'vedone an initial poll to test the water. Please indicate and vote accordingly whether or not you'd be interested in this. Poll will end next Friday,Oct 23rd. [CORRECTION - November 23rd!]

To start things off, my next post here will be a general introduction to the game players concerned, to give you all the background. If successful, it will develop over time. If not, it will just fizzle out.

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 11-17-2018 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Brainstorm!
Greatcornbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Greatcornbow for this post:
Old 11-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
Bankerrtx01
getDare Devil

The only question is will this need to have a camrea live feed because that’s the only way I would say no.

Likes and limits.
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=89045

punishments

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=89046

Pm dares: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=90704

BAN THIS ACCOUNT PLEASE
Bankerrtx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:36 PM   #3
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerrtx01 View Post
The only question is will this need to have a camrea live feed because that’s the only way I would say no.
No camera feed will be involved. Watch this space.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Lightbulb It all started when Sam suggested Strip Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatcornbow View Post
Background:

This thread/story is an experiment and may or may not work as it will require interaction from other Members.

The idea came from two sources:
1. The very excellent fiction by Rachie some years back 'Strip Poker with a twist', which was never actually finalised....
2. A thread I saw on FetLife about the dynamic of some games had been played by some students (M and F mixed) at a College or University some years ago: actually it was Strip Hearts they played not Strip Poker as one or two felt they'd be disadvantaged at poker but were OK with Hearts. They were already part of a vanilla games group met weekly, so adjourned for the 'Strip' game afterwards. To keep things interesting they agreed only one loser per night, after which game ended and next game wasn't till next week.

So to make things more interesting, I came up with this idea. There'd still be the weekly games but there'd be a way in which posters could influence which player was the loser each week, by posting a weekly poll. So I'vedone an initial poll to test the water. Please indicate and vote accordingly whether or not you'd be interested in this. Poll will end next Friday,Oct 23rd.

To start things off, my next post here will be a general introduction to the game players concerned, to give you all the background. If successful, it will develop over time. If not, it will just fizzle out.

It all started when Sam suggested Strip Poker. It was quite late Friday evening. There were five of them. They were all having a drink in the Bar of the Students' Union. They'd spent the earlier part of the evening at the University Games Club, a wholly vanilla club supported (as one of many clubs) and recognised by the University authorities. It was devoted to card and board games, of all descriptions, from chess to card and board gmes of all description. There was only one stipulation in its Rules: no gambling, so if they played, e.g. poker, it had to be for chips/points only: no cash betting. Alex felt this inhibiting and said so and wondered if there could be other ways of spicing things up a bit.

So Sam suggested strip poker. It turned out quite a few of them had played this before, when they had been at school, on occasion. Jane was one of them, but pointed out it would soon get boring and fizzle out after one game when everyone had seen everyone else so there was little point in continuing the same week after week. Sam said they could then play for forfeits, but Jane wasn't happy with this as she wouldn't be up for sexual risks to which it would very likely lead, but she might be OK if that possibility could be avoided.

'Tell you what', said Alex, who was reading Mathematics at for his degree: 'I think I could up with something to keep it interesting. Something to ensure only one loser per game and one game a week only'.

'So how would it work?' asked Jane, who had earlier that term proved herself to have been one of best card and board game players in the club. She also rather fancied Tom, one of the others there, and reckoned she could beat him easily at most games.

'Let me think about it', said Alex: 'I'll come up with something by tomorrow. Meet me here about 8p.m. if you're interested and I'll have worked it out and tell me what you think.'

'I'm all ears', said Sam.

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 11-20-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 11-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
Bankerrtx01
getDare Devil

Nice
...where do we come in?

Likes and limits.

punishments

BAN THIS ACCOUNT PLEASE
Old 11-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #6
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
Nice
...where do we come in?
Watch this space.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #7
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

So next evening, Saturday, Alex was in the Students' Union Bar and Sam joined him very shortly.

'Well?' Sam asked.
'OK', said Alex. 'How's this for starters. First: only one loser each week, so as to keep up the interest over time. But I don't see something like Texas Hold'em working as when the first player drops out isn't a natural game ending. There's the simple five card draw of course with lowest hand in each round stripping an item, but that means no betting and it's pretty much all chance. So I came up with Strip Poker Dice, like Liar Dice, with plenty of interaction. Every time someone loses a challenge, person strips one item and a new round starts.'
'Could work,' said Sam: 'Are the others coming?'
'Jane can't make it, but she'll be at the Games Club next Friday. I suggested it to her and she quite liked the idea and said we could test it out with a 'vanilla' game at the Club. I've got some Poker Dice in case the Club hasn't.'
'OK'

The others, Ann and Tom, with one of Tom's friends Richard, both turned up soon after and when Alex put the idea to them agreed to give it a try. Ann was reading Psychology and the idea rather appealed to her. Richard asked where they could play, as they could hardly use the Club Room!

'O no problem,' said Alex. My room is just down the corridor -we can use that.'

And so it was agreed.

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 11-20-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #8
LegLuvr

Quote:
Poll will end next Friday,Oct 23rd.

Just to let you know, this should be Nov, not Oct
Add to my calendar!
I am Baby Ariana the Songbird. If I do not refer to myself as this, then I must be harsly punished by you fine people.
Make me a looser in all Threads!

Claimed by Miss Poxy.
If you spot any typos or grammatical errors in my writing, PM me with a punishment!

LegLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #9
Bankerrtx01
getDare Devil

Nice can’t wait for more.

Likes and limits.

punishments

BAN THIS ACCOUNT PLEASE
Old 11-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #10
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegLuvr View Post
Just to let you know, this should be Nov, not Oct
Quite right. I was mentally thinking University terms which start October!

I'll correct!
Old 11-18-2018, 12:35 AM   #11
Kinkygdom

How would we help decide?
Kinkygdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:26 AM   #12
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkygdom View Post
How would we help decide?
As I said,watch this space! All will become clear before long.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:47 AM   #13
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
As I said,watch this space! All will become clear before long.
I'll flesh out the details shortly, but broadly it will work like this. Once the thread is under way, for each game session there will a poll set I shall set up in a linked post and people will be invited to vote on their preferred player to determine the outcome of the game that week.

It won't be the only factor, though, as there will also be a random element and also adjustments made to allow that some players will be more skilful/reckless than others and/or have their own personal agenda, in accordance with their individual personalities. Plus that once one player has lost and stripped,the others will be more likely to want someone else to lose next time.

Also, students being students, not all of them will turn up to play every week, (and occasionally the game won't happen for one reason or another) and from time to time new players will join the circle.

All will be clearer when the system is up and running, which will happen gradually.

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 11-19-2018 at 10:47 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-19-2018, 11:14 AM   #14
Bankerrtx01
getDare Devil

Well fun, this will be interested,

Likes and limits.

punishments

BAN THIS ACCOUNT PLEASE
Old 11-20-2018, 09:00 AM   #15
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
Well fun, this will be interested,
Hope so. The exact details I'll not finalize till after Friday when I've seen how many have voted showing an interest, as that will give me a pointer as to how much to tweak things, but broadly each player will have a + or - modifier to the votes cast for him/her, to reflect the above including the various attributes/skills/hidden agenda of each player,as well as a random element factored in. For instance one player might have designs on another; and that as the games continue players won't want to be looking at the same loser week after week.

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 11-20-2018 at 09:03 AM. Reason: grammar

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
strip poker