Old 02-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
Pikachu
Distinguished Member

Default An idea

I have thought of a great idea...

How about authers actually finish a story before posting it all?

I for one am getting sick and tired of getting into a story and the author goes missing then comes back asking his loyal readers for ideas.

Mate the reason we are into your stories is because they are your ideas and they are great and surpricing if we give you idea's for your story it kind of ruins the fun out of it

I means its all fun writing your own story (kelly) but its never as good as reading another interesting story where you do't know whats going to happen.

Also if you write up your own story in Microsoft word or works prossesor if getdare crashes or reloads the page when you are writing your story you are not going to lose an of your work its a simple copy/ paste away.

Also if you type it up before you post it microsoft word has is own inbuilt spell check so there will be less errors in your finished product.

So how about it....

Be Loyal To Your Readers

And write your story start to end before you post it.

I know i will be certainly doing it.

Come on i dare you to

Kindest regards

Mercyou
Old 03-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
sk0073r
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to sk0073r

That is indeed a good idea, i think i may do that for my future stoires.

Teasing, JOI, edging, little pain, mild anal, bondage

Mild pain, femdom, diaper

Messy, public, involving others, illegal, humiliation
sk0073r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
johnsalach

I always try and get half way through a story minimum with the rest of the story fleshed out. For the "Card Game" story I have resolved it as promised, but then left it open for more. I have this next piece of the story - or extra chapter - mapped out but have asked for ideas as I may incorporate any good ideas into my plan.

I like feedback. If people like my stories, then I like to be told. If they want a character to do something, or the story to follow a different direction and it doesn't violate my preset thresholds (underage/violence/necro/a2m/blood/etc) then I would be willing to bring the requests into the story.

I often have written the story before posting anywhere but am always happy to go off on a tangent and rewrite part or all if requested.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:20 AM   #4
Pikachu
Distinguished Member

I am currently writing a new story kind of simular to last one except differnt you will find out later I am 3 pages in but i am going to refrain from uploading it to website untill it is finished and fully edited.

Should take 1-2 weeks.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:59 AM   #5
wedgiewanter91

Send a message via MSN to wedgiewanter91

i think it is better when they dont say the whole story all at once. All though i do think that they should know how there story is gonna go before they acctually start to write it. Becuase ther ei nothing more annoying then a story that end with out a prober ending just because they could not think of anything.
wedgiewanter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #6
sweetashoney

I like to tease my readers somewhat and so I do not post my whole story in one block. I do know where it is heading though and try to add a new chapter within a couple of days of the last.
sweetashoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #7
Sharkleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyou View Post
I have thought of a great idea...

How about authers actually finish a story before posting it all?

I for one am getting sick and tired of getting into a story and the author goes missing then comes back asking his loyal readers for ideas.

Mate the reason we are into your stories is because they are your ideas and they are great and surpricing if we give you idea's for your story it kind of ruins the fun out of it

I means its all fun writing your own story (kelly) but its never as good as reading another interesting story where you do't know whats going to happen.

Also if you write up your own story in Microsoft word or works prossesor if getdare crashes or reloads the page when you are writing your story you are not going to lose an of your work its a simple copy/ paste away.

Also if you type it up before you post it microsoft word has is own inbuilt spell check so there will be less errors in your finished product.

So how about it....

Be Loyal To Your Readers

And write your story start to end before you post it.

I know i will be certainly doing it.

Come on i dare you to

Kindest regards

Mercyou
You are totally right. There are so many good stories here that need to be finished. If you right a story, right a little bit at a time, but finish it in a week. NOT A MONTH.
Sharkleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:03 AM   #8
BeX25

I am with Sweetashoney. I believe posting stories in instalments teases the readers, who if they like the story WILL keep logging on and checking out GETDARE to see if it has been added too.
They can always subscribe to a story so they are told when it is updated. Surely this is better for the website as it attracts more people, more times. Otherwise someone would log on read a story and go.
I think stories in parts get the readers wanting more and talking to each other about what they would like to see happen. Therefore this creates a website with a social community instead of just a site full of finished stories.

BeX

BeX
BeX25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:03 AM   #9
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Surely for a story to be great it has to be filled with what the reader wants to see? If the story has already been written then what's the point in people posting onto the thread. Better stories are born through feedback and adaptation on the original idea.
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:38 AM   #10
Davros
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave1987 View Post
Surely for a story to be great it has to be filled with what the reader wants to see? If the story has already been written then what's the point in people posting onto the thread. Better stories are born through feedback and adaptation on the original idea.
However, if the basic story is written, it isn't hard to add requests in or re-edit. Or have a basic structure written out. Lots of stories are written there and then.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:42 AM   #11
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSlave View Post
However, if the basic story is written, it isn't hard to add requests in or re-edit. Or have a basic structure written out. Lots of stories are written there and then.
But what is being requested here is that the whole story is written out and then posted. It's easier to write something in from scratch then edit it in afterwards, as bits of the story could stop making sense
Old 03-09-2008, 07:45 AM   #12
Davros
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave1987 View Post
But what is being requested here is that the whole story is written out and then posted. It's easier to write something in from scratch then edit it in afterwards, as bits of the story could stop making sense
It depends on the author really. It depends if they want input / requests.

JKRowling didn't start writing Harry Potter and ask for input or requests after each chapter. I know this is a very extreme / different example, but even so.

If the author wants input, they should write parts and ask for requests.
If the author doesn't want input, they should just write it all and post it.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #13
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
JKRowling didn't start writing Harry Potter and ask for input or requests after each chapter. I know this is a very extreme / different example, but even so.
Bit difficult to do with books. We're talking about stories posted on an internet forum not something sold worldwide
Old 03-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #14
Ciandon

I dunno, the waiting kills me, but it's so worth it when I see that new part. It keeps me coming back to that section daily.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #15
Lizard
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
It depends on the author really. It depends if they want input / requests.

If the author wants input, they should write parts and ask for requests.
If the author doesn't want input, they should just write it all and post it.

I agree, it certainly is the author's choice.

My personal preference is to sit and read a complete story. I do not mind stories that are updated every few days, but am also frustrated with authors who don't finish their work.

As a writer, Im about to post my first on this site, I prefer to write the whole story out to ensure that it has, to the best of my ability, consistency from beginning to end. Again, that is the preference of the author.
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk