Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 10-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #1
naked_lego
Distinguished Member

Question When You Ask For Dares

I assume when you ask you have provide a list of your likes and limites. Maybe that is in your signature or added to the post. For me I'm guilty of getting dares sometimes that I'm not particularly excited for. Which I attribute to looking for something more specific then my likes and limites can explain.
This post as absolutely nothing to do with my recent post XD I'm merely curious

What are you expecting to get?
Are you usually disappointed? If so, why?
Have you tried different posting formats?
Give an example of a time you didn't get what you were expecting?
And explain what you were hoping to get?

I think it is the risk of getting somewhere unknown we look for but in our mind we almost imagine the dares we could get and they never live up to our imagination. My conclusion is that we truly know the ins and outs of what we like and what we want. So why can't we just give ourself dares?

Photography, Body Writing/Art, Clothing Control, Edging, Denial, Diapers (wearing & wetting)
Pee Holding, Butt Plugs, Semi-Public, Nudity, Bondage, Ice, mild spankings

Limits:
Permanent, Most Pain, Social Suicide, Family, Illegal, Body Waste, curse words

Likes & Limits explained
naked_lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:40 PM   #2
Blue Fox
getDare Devil

Agreed with you on this. People seem to give the dares that they, personally, are really interested in without looking at the person's likes / dislikes / limits. It seems more of people treating everyone on here as wank material. Which is why the few people who are interested in giving thoughtful dares get burnt out. They are so few and there are so many people wanting to get dares with the vast majority receiving cruddy dares from the quick wank crowd, so they tend to swarm the people who give tailored, thoughtful dares.

I used to have a Like / Dislike / Limit age. Had help in getting it built up (it even exceeded the max size and had to be cleaned up to fit) and made to look good. Most of the dares I got after it were things I would say were more along the lines of wank dares. (Did have one very good dare that was given to me, though.)

Why do we not dare ourselves? Well, nothing to hold us to it. It's different when someone else says "Do this. Failure will result in this." We have someone holding us accountable. Plus, for some of us, the thrill isn't in doing it in itself but rather doing it to please the other person. This is where I fall. I like some things, but I *REALLY* like it when the other person is getting enjoyment from making me do things (quite a few of those things are things I don't particularly like). Them getting joy from making me do it is what I really crave. Which is why reports are so important, but so are getting dares that fall in line with what you're willing to do.

Since you asked for an example... One person REALLY wanted me to roll the die without knowing what the possible items were. That person was REALLY hoping I'd roll and have to pee on my food and then eat it, which I said is not something I would do.
Blue Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
MissMaria
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked_lego View Post
I assume when you ask you have provide a list of your likes and limites. Maybe that is in your signature or added to the post. For me I'm guilty of getting dares sometimes that I'm not particularly excited for. Which I attribute to looking for something more specific then my likes and limites can explain.
This post as absolutely nothing to do with my recent post XD I'm merely curious

What are you expecting to get?
Are you usually disappointed? If so, why?

I think it is the risk of getting somewhere unknown we look for but in our mind we almost imagine the dares we could get and they never live up to our imagination. My conclusion is that we truly know the ins and outs of what we like and what we want. So why can't we just give ourself dares?
What are you expecting to get? Hounestly I never know because I am aware it can go a million ways so I never expect anything
Are you usually disappointed? If so, why? I won't say I haven't been because I have but in general no, I am usually happy with the results

I do agree with your statement I have imagined ideas that have gotten me extremely aroused and I do know better than others what I like, though that said it does not have the same appeal coming from me. So I guess it is what it is if you want the mystery you accept the niggles in that option if that makes sense.

Likes, Dislikes & Limits
PM Commands

Member of the unofficial getDare PM Dare Commission.
Help spread the word and the PM Dares! Join Today!
PM me a dare to find out how.
MissMaria is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk