Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 01-23-2021, 10:53 PM   #1
depp
SysOp

Default Changes in response to spammers

In response to an uptick in the number of spammers invading getDare I've made some tweaks that may impact your experience.

If you are encountering issues sending messages "too fast", find that your posts are invisible to other users, or are having to answer captcha challenges randomly, let me know right here. I've tried to exempt paid and mod accounts from most of this but want this site to be usable for everyone.

Also crazy thanks to Butterfuly and Jaro for pulling us out of the muck!
Old 01-24-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
depp
SysOp

Minor update: I've added some additional measures that may impact your ability to register, send private messages, and post. If anyone is getting caught up in this, let me know here and I'll investigate your account.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:14 PM   #3
bluedieblub
Dare Freak

Is the limit on sending 10 pm messages per hour part of these changes? I'm not quite sure if I simply never ran into this problem before, or if this is a new limitation.

PM dares and toys
Enjoyed a task? Write me a report, I love reading what happened!
M/Switch/Straight
bluedieblub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #4
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedieblub View Post
Is the limit on sending 10 pm messages per hour part of these changes? I'm not quite sure if I simply never ran into this problem before, or if this is a new limitation.
Yes. I moved it down while I was figuring out what to do about PM spam. Bumped it up to 20 just now since I have another solution that I think should help. Let me know if this is still frustratingly low.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #5
Lacram
Mystery Man

The site breaks in some places if you block cloudflare's scripts but i guess that is the expected behavior.
Lacram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:36 PM   #6
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacram View Post
The site breaks in some places if you block cloudflare's scripts but i guess that is the expected behavior.
I actually just enabled a setting that let's Cloudflare bundle our scripts. It's likely a result of this change. Let me know if this is totally disruptive for you. I mostly trust the Cloudflare folks. Certainly more than Google.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #7
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Ah, that is why I have to answer a captcha and pick bikes and boats every second time I want to update my blog or answer a PM
Sometimes I get a captcha when I just enter the blog or PM section of the forum. Sometimes I have to answer one AFTER editing a blog or PM, and when clicking on SEND. So I am always afraid what happens if I do the captcha wrong because I missed a picture. Will it delete my long long PM (aka not sending it and not returning with the cached writings) and I have to write a new one?

Apart from that, I could live with the captchas if it reduces spam. However, I have to say it is quite annoying at the moment... In a short session in the evening, about 1 hour, I get at least 3 captchas.

By the way, I have great respect in you guys running and maintaining such a site. I know what kind of work that is and what efforts you spend, I really know that. So I appreciate your motivation and I am really glad you are there, so that we can find new friends and enjoy nice chats. It needed to be said

Be careful: Long Term, Denial/forced Orgasm, Cum Eating, Poo, Heavy Pain, Rules, Bladder Control

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Non-Consensual, Public, Shaving, Sissification, Time Wasting

Toys: Ropes, Whips, Clothpins, Plugs, ...

Manarus is offline   Reply With Quote