Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Pet Phoenix
Distinguished Member

Default Cheap, easy, effective home-made bondage soloutions

Hello my daring compatritos, I'm calling all subs who don't have a master and all masters who do have a sub! Phoenix has been busy ^^ and I want to share with you my cheapest, quickest, easiest and best soloutions to self bondage at home. The most shopping you'll have to do is maybe a trip to a hardware or DIY store. I've prepared some step by step instructions for all you wanting kinksters stuck at home with no money for fancy equipment that will help you fashion some awesome little bondage devices. Some of you might have thought of these already, they are fairly obvious buuuttt maybe for those new to the kink this will be a great start to an awesome toybox and maybe these tools just hadn't occoured to some of the rest of you

A list of what i have for you in the next couple of posts:
- Versatile chain bondage
- Best spreader bar you'll ever own (nearly)
- Homemade humbler (ie: Awesome)
- Gags galore
- Urethral play toys

And coming soon:
- Time release mechanisms

Okay, So first up is something so painfully obvious, so incredibly useful and essential that i can only conclude that's the sole reason it is overlooked. Chains; 4 lengths of chain (1 for each limb) and 8 snap hooks (1 for the end of each chain - see the pic below if you don't know what a 'snap hook' is) make for a bondage tool so versatile you'll hardly believe it. They are also a crucial element to my home-made spreader bars (tho for those you'll only need 4 snaphooks) Unfortunatley while the chains are the most useful tool here, they are also the most expensive, the snap hooks in particular. But not nearly as expensive as a commercial restraint system (which is less versatile trust me :P) I got the chain for about £10 all 8 snaphooks were closer to £25 So..

showing how chain and a snap hook can be used to create a cuff attached to a stationary object like a post or bed slat

1. Head down to your local hardware store, DIY store, or similar, sometimes garden centres and the like will stock chain. you may want to have a think about the length of chain you want. I went with 1 metre.. because not enough and the chain is useless.. too much however... doesn't matter in the slightest. 1 metre was the perfect length to allow the chain to go down the depth of my mattress on my doube bed, attach around the slats on the bed.. and trail a little towards the middle of the bed. So i could bind myself spread eagled with my hands and feet at the edge of my mattress with little movement. But that's my body size and my bed size so maybe use a piece of string or tape measure to get a rough idea. Something i like about chains is they are the very definition of 'fully adjustable' so it only has to be rough, but the closer you are, the better your results will probably be.

2. A good place to get cheap snaphooks can be pound or dollar stores, 99 cent stores etc. In the UK a store called Wilkinson, or pounland (i don't know if Wilkinson are in the US) failing that, they should be down the aisle from wherever you got the chain :P the two usually go together. As mentioned these can be more expensive but it's worth it.

3. Once you have your chain and snaphooks, putting them together in as many devious combinations as your mind can come up with is only a matter of time. I have already mentioned attaching them to slats at the corners of your bed and spread eagling yourself (or your pet ofc ^^) if you haven't already then you may want to drill and screw or nail your slats down when you do this for added strengh. Alternativley, chain will loop nicley round wrists or ankles, and beacause you use the snaphook to link it to itself anywhere along it's length it really is more adjustable than say leather cuffs with a buckle. Even more adjustable than the 'fully adjustable' velcro cuffs. as you can loop it around as many times as you like and leave some chain trailing for attaching to things or do whatever, and you can always keep the binding a near perfect, inescapable fit

- One more pointer I'll give on chain is that in the same fashion you have the cuff adjusted to fit your ankle or wrist or thigh or wherever accordingly you can also adjust the 'cuff' around whatever your bound to to make the amount of slack you have shorter or longer... place the chain around something, and attach the snaphook right next to the cuff around your skin and you'll be on a much tighter leash than if you were to place the snaphook so the chain hugs whatever your chained too tightly. If this wasn't obvious :P

Spreader Bar

Annnnyyyywwaaayyyy, that was chain.. bit dull really... the pic practically explained it all.. but it set us up for something much more interesting :3 *rubs hands gleefully* i went into a high street sex shop here in the UK where i could have spent £40 on a 2ft spreader bar made out of a thin metal tube (which i suspect i could have broken if i wanted too) and scratchy fau leather cuffs!! and some of the stuff online wasn't much better... i wanted a spreader bar that would be very strong and that would spread very wide. So i came up with this design; I make my spreader bars (of which i have 4) for under £3 each. That's provided you have a couple of basic tools lying around. Here's what you'll need:

-1 wooden broom handle for each spreader bar (or maybe only 1 for 2 if your making short bars.. but that's boring :P get a nice wiiiiiidee spread :3)
-2 closed eyebolts for each spreader bar.
- Hopefully a drill and suitable drill bit but not essential.
- Saw or something to cut the wood with.
- sand paper.

Annd here's what to do with that stuff :P

1. Take your broom handle, and saw the end off (probably the top end as it may have a lil plastic hook-like bit stapled to it. I'll leave it to you where to get them from. (garden centres or i get mine from the aforementioned Wilkinsons for £1) To find out how long you want it, spread your legs as wide as you want them to be and measure between them :P then maybe add a bit (as this method allows the sub to move their legs or hands perhaps a good.. 5 inches in or out along the bar once they are restrained)

2. Use your sand paper to smoothe down both the sawn end and the 'natural' end. You want two nice flat surfaces to screw your eyebolts into but you don't want any sharp edges or rough bits

3. Drill a guidance hole a little way into each end of the spreader bar (you could just skip straight to step 4 if you don't have a drill but it will be a lot harder to get your eyebolt nice and neatly inserted) your guidance hole will need to be significantly smaller than the thread on your eyebolt ;-) line the drill bit up with the thread and sight along it to see that the thread is wider

4. Finally insert your eyebolts, line them up with your guidance holes (or the centre of the end of the spreader bar if you didn't drill guidance holes) and take your time turning them gently in until the thread is hidden.. you may need to use a screwdriver or something placed through the bolt to hely you turn it once it's about half way in.

NOTE: When selecting your eyebolts, go for the ones with the thinner thread as opposed to the nice big chunky ones, they will be pleanty strong enough and if you go with the big ones your just going to split the wood when you try to put them in. I use the 55mm ones, you don't really want to go any smaller than that but even with those you have to just go gently to avoid splitting the wood :-)

5. That's the spreader bar in and of it'self completed, but it won't be much use if you don't have any cuffs or anything. So to complete them use the technique from the chains above; a single snaphook can join the end of the chain to both itself and the eyebolt on the bar, and you can just leave the excess chain loose.. so for two spreader bars you'd need 4 chains but only 4 snap hooks as opposed to the full 8 for chain bondage alone. See the pic below:

The 'chain cuff' on one end of a completed spreader bar with 55mm eyebolts and a single snaphook with a second type of connector shown beside as an alternative to the snap hook

More to come in the next post!

extreme anal, pain, bondage, toys, enemas, mild cbt, non-consensual, humiliation, denial,
flagellation/spanking, crossdressing, nipple play, heavy cbt,
milking, watersports, urethral, chores, daipers, friends, public, wax/fire, e-stim
scat, worship, family

Last edited by Pet Phoenix; 05-19-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Pet Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 16 users say Thank You to Pet Phoenix for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk