Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 02-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
SexyBondagegirl
Account Banned

Default Why do most guys have girly avatars

So, your obviously not pretending to be a girl because you answers reference you as a guy, and your profile says your a guy. So why do you have a girly avatar, or an avatar of a girl? Why type in pupal or pink text when your a guy? Is this a cross dressing kind of thing?

~Jessica

LIMITS:
Scat/Pee, Real Danger or Pain, Non Discreet Public, Dick Penetration in Pussy (for now), Blood, Anything Permanent
SexyBondagegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Bittenkiss

a cross-dressing thing? I guess so - for those who type out in pink. Either that or they're just confused little boys. (or scammers of course, but its damn easy to find the blokes trying to pass themselves off as girls just by viewing their posts, or their 'about me' section).

Your sex in the about me section should be mandatory IMHO.

Anyway, I can answer for myself: I don't want to put a picture of myself on here as the avatar, and I don't want to use the one I usually use as it'd act as an identifier pretty easily, and I liked the one I have (can't remember where I got it from)(but I know I want one; wrapped, perfumed and sent to my tent!)

I know I wouldn't use a pic of a real girl off the internet on this site. A lot of other forums have men with model/calendar girl avatars (usually car forums) but these are very obviously just something they like and not in any way intended to deceive others, more to reinforce their masculinity on those male-oriented sites. The rest have car avatars... so maybe this site has boys using girl avatars in much the same way - as aspirational images (ie things they'd like to have).

hmm, which brings me right back to my choice of avatar...
Bittenkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Vegetarian_Chris

So, to have a woman/girl in your avatar or to write in pink you have to be a girl / feminine / girly / a crossdresser / a transvestite...?

Maybe some guys just like pink text? Maybe they find the pictures they put in as avatars hot?

Likes:Pain, Puppy play, Nipple play, Chance/Dice Dares, Kinky Ideas, Creative Ideas

Dislikes: Anal, Ice, Feet, Messy, Spit/Lick

Limits: Scat, Pee, Family, Public, Permanent/Illegal

Vegetarian_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
SexyBondagegirl
Account Banned

Definition of Avatar:
Digital Technology . a graphical image that represents a person, as on the Internet.

If its supposed to represent the user why don't guys display a male avatar, even if its not them. That would be a better representation.

LIMITS:
Scat/Pee, Real Danger or Pain, Non Discreet Public, Dick Penetration in Pussy (for now), Blood, Anything Permanent
SexyBondagegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
Bittenkiss

I told you - its aspirational. Its not representative of them, its representative of what they like/want/desire.

Note that avatar is not just a representation of a person, its a representation of a person or their alter-ego. ie, you can be someone else on the internet and no-one will know. Your avatar will then represent what it is you want to be, not what you actually are. For example, a role-playing site might have people with avatars of elves or wizards.

The definition of avatar also includes:
Quote:
a visible manifestation or embodiment of an abstract concept; archetype
so any image that represents what the users wants is relevant, a picture of feet might indicate a preference for tickling, foot-worship or being humiliated at someone's feet. It doesn't have to be a picture of that person's feet, and to be fair, anything short of a picture of themselves (like a passport photo) would fail to satisfy you, I think.
Bittenkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
garder80
getDare Succubus

Send a message via MSN to garder80 Send a message via Yahoo to garder80

I find it annoying when guys have a girl in their avatar.
I would hope for a way to see the sex of a person right away.

But it is even worse with all the creepy guys who claim they are girls just to get attention.

likes to do to slaves:
orgasm control/denial, control clothes, pain, punishments, various tasks, name calling, humiliation, bondage, spanking, gags and plugs
garder80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
SubtleSlut

Bittenkiss explains it very well. Avatars started as a way to represent your online presence, but now they can mean just about anything to anyone, especially on forums like these. It can be something you want have, want to be, want to do, or it could just be something you think is funny or cool to look at. I picked this avatar by searching "subtle" on google images, haha.

There's also the whole "person above avatar" dare thread, where people assign avatars to other users for periods of time.

Right now you're looking at the avatar too literately. People have different reasons for representing themselves differently online, and it's not anyone's place to judge them for that.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
RST
Distinguished Member

I think the association of pink with girlishness is quite artificial and culturally determined. I was once told that in Victorian times pink was for little boys (assertive colour) and light blue for girls (passive colour) but I'm not sure if that's true. To be honest I'm almost of a mind to start using pink in a hairy manly sort of fashion (however that may be accomplished) just to break the monopoly :P

As for my own girlish avatar. I think girls are nicer to look at and it represents what I would love to do to a girl.

edit: + secretly lots of boys would like to be girls now that I come to think of it. I know I wouldn't mind being a girl for a while Mainly out of curiosity mind you because I really like being a man.

edit the second: This looks like as well a place as any to compliment the mods and members of this community on making a place where boys and girls can both hang out and get along reasonably well. Forums like these where the distribution is anything better than 10-90% either way are quite rare and a very welcome exaption to the norm. WELL DONE ALL!

Recently most interested in exposure play and black mail scenes. There is a wide range of options so if you find it exciting but also have inhibitions we can talk options.

Last edited by RST; 02-12-2012 at 02:45 PM.
RST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
GetdareTEO
getDare Devil

Well, SOME guys don't need girlishness...
Hard limits: anal, crossdressing, messy/scat, social suicide, hookups, masturbating on video/cam, deepthroating, enemas, excessively time consuming, too public, probably more.
Kik: getdareteo.
GetdareTEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
Mark20

I am some times in a "crossdressing mood" but I won't use a girly avatar.

Likes:crossdressing, bondage, humiliation, chastity, dares requiring pic proof
Dislikes: anal, injury, messy, pain, illegal, poo/pee, friends, family, animal

I will answer any question PMed to be honestly.
Every time I receive a pm saying body writing I must post in the person above body writing dare!
Please do always require me to pic proof if possible!

I love cfnm
Mark20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
comicslave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to comicslave

I want to be a girl, and the avatar of mines is not of a girl, it's a trannie. Over all It's what I want to be so I want to show it. Besides it is who I am in in the inside. If people read my profile they would see I am a guy and I am far from hiding it.
comicslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
The Game Master

My guess...

Something to look at after your done posting?

Of course there are many other possible reasons I suppose...
The Game Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #13
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

Bug

Since when are "pupal" and pink only allowed to be used by girls? :-0

I don't think it matters if people are a girl or a boy, especially not on a forum. It really doesn't matter what their avi is unless it breaks a rule, and it really really doesn't matter what color they use to type in.

If you care so much what someone's gender is before "playing" or whatever, then get to know the person behind the "pupal" and pink text first. ;D

siggy made by stellz

[03:54:06 PM] jamness: ‹@G.J.› She... kisses and stuff... shes weird.
[03:54:39 PM] G.J.: ‹@jamness› That seems like normal Sweets to me XD
sweetsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #14
MaxJenius

Send a message via AIM to MaxJenius Send a message via MSN to MaxJenius Send a message via Yahoo to MaxJenius

<_<

*Looks at Avatar*

Well I selected an Image that advertises what i do for a living.

i choose to have a Shibari picture as my avatar because I often get requests from women to tie them up, since bondage is one of the MOST popular fetishes, next to Rape.

I hope having a Shibari picture will grab the attention of some lovely ladies whom wish to be tied up in similar ways.
MaxJenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #15
softeyes
Account Banned

I really have no idea why guys would use girly avatars, or use pink fonts for that matter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A vampire, it's like a walrus, but awesome.
I am NOT a fairy | I'm a kitty, yo |
softeyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk