Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 03-27-2020, 06:28 AM   #16
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMichaelNY View Post
Ok, first off. This was made in a weapons lab. We are only seeing the first phase of this weapon. Should we be worried?
No, it was not made in a bio-weapons lab. First of all, this is an RNA virus. The current technologies for RNA splicing are very rudimentary (including CRISPR Cas13 VI), and are not capable of assembling an RNA virus. A DNA virus - sure. Second, any artificial gene modification leaves distinct "scars" (splice artifacts) in the genetic code. The genome of this virus has been sequenced by multiple institutes in multiple countries and none have seen any such patterns.

Quote:
Well look at the extreme steps the Chinese government is doing. They know what it is, and what it is capable of doing. The government is going crazy disinfecting everything. If the flu was worst, why are they acting this way, because they know the worst is to come.
After the SARS crisis in 2004, China, South Korea, and Singapore put in place very comprehensive epidemic response. China actually bungled the initial response, which should have shut down areas of Wuhan in November last year, most likely because they were concerned about the end-of-the year industrial output. It ended up costing them way more.

Quote:
Also, if anybody wants to believe it's natual, do you really believe a bat flew all the way to Africa to bite a monkey that had AIDs. Then flew back to China. Come on.
Not sure where you got that from, but no one is suggesting any connection between HIV and SARS-CoV-2. They are both RNA viruses, but other than that, they are as different from each other as a penguin is from a whale.

The sequenced genome of the virus suggests that it was originally a bat virus that shifted to snakes, before it jumped to humans. Snakes frequent bat caves, and feed on bats. Snakes are a delicacy in China (tastes like rubbery chicken, if you are curious), because Chinese men believe that it will make their tiny little yinjing erect enough to get past the girlfriend's labia. Although the snake meat is consumed cooked, the ritual demands that you drink the snake's blood mixed with wine, and that can easily transmit an RNA virus. Just one virus particle out of trillions with the right mutation to bind in to human angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE-2) receptors would be enough to do the trick. So it was simply a matter of time.

Quote:
Keep a eye out on the people that had it, and then were cleared by testing negative for the virus, then all of sudden tested positive again. Watch them.
This is normal in most viral infections. It takes time for someone to become seropositive.
To play with me, you must be able to prove your gender.

Runesmith's Forgiveness thread - you're gonna need this

My stories:
Non-consensual Roleplay With a Stranger
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter

Last edited by Runesmith; 03-27-2020 at 06:47 AM.
Runesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:33 AM   #17
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kah View Post
I'm mostly frustrated. I just spent 2 months stuck in bed with a failing Liver, a month in recovery after the surgery, and now I'm still not allowed to leave the house.

<3 Kah
After a liver transplant, you are given immunosuppressants to reduce the likelihood of a rejection, which makes you very vulnerable to viral infections. The reduced liver function puts you at risk even with a minor infection of any kind. So, yes - you really need to be very careful, and social isolation is highly recommended.

My stories:
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Old 03-27-2020, 06:35 AM   #18
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by japgirl View Post
The whole Coronavirus thing is getting on my nerves.
Yeah, but there are ways to get your mind off that, aren't there? Hahaha

My stories:
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Old 04-05-2020, 03:13 AM   #19
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Default Hydroxychloroquine - DON'T TAKE IT!!!

Especially for the American members:
Your goddamned, idiotic moron-in-chief announced at a press conference yesterday, that Americans who are worried about getting COID-19 should take Hydroxychloroquine.

Quote:
“What do you have to lose? What do you have to lose?” Trump said from the White House podium. “Take it.”
A lot. You have a lot to lose.

First of all, Hydroxychloroquine is not an anti-viral drug. It's an anti-malarial (and malaria results from a parasite, not a virus), and an immunomodulator. It reduces some types of immune responses, especially the ones involved in auto-immune diseases (where the immune system attacks the body's own tissues).

During SARS-1 in 2004, it was shown anecdotally that some patients with atypical pneumonia responded to corticosteroids, which are blanket immune depressors (the evidence was not statistically significant). It was theorized that selective immune modulators might help in atypical pneumonia. So during SARS-COVID-2 caused by COVID-19 virus, some doctors in Wuhan used Hydroxychloroquin. Again, there is not enough evidence to prove a benefit.

Second, Hydroxychloroquine is harmful. Contrary to what the orange fucktard said, Hydroxychloroquine can kill you. In addition to anti-malarial and immunomodulator effects, it also has a 3rd effect - it's a Class 1a anti-arrhythmic drug, which delays electrical repolarization of the heart muscle after contraction. This means, hydroxychloroquine can cause life-threatening arrhythmias, such as ventricular fibrillation. It can happen out of the blue, with hardly any warning. If you get a v-fib, and there's no one around who can perform CPR (social isolation, remember), and no AED nearby, you are a vegetable in about 8 minutes, and dead in 10. They'll find your cat-eaten remains when this is all over.

Overdoses of Hydroxychloroquine can result in acute heart failure, arrhythmia, convulsions, multi-organ failure... and lots of other unpleasant ways to die.

If you have heart disease and taking medication for that, or have diabetes and taking insulin, or have existing liver damage, taking Hydroxychloroquine can be very dangerous.

TLDR version:
Hydroxychloroquine is dangerous, and does squat to protect you from COVID-19. It's being used experimentally in the treatment of atypical penumonia. Taking this drug can kill you. I leave you with a quote from the orange sociopathic moronoid, who doesn't mind that people will die due to his snake oil:

Quote:
He also said he “may take it” himself, though he would “have to ask my doctors about that”.
Translation - "Of course I won't take it. My doctors told me it could kill me. But here's some false hope for you to distract you from my incompetence that turned this pandemic response in to an unmitigated cluster fuck."

I also posted this to my blog, so that more people can see it.

My stories:
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter

Last edited by Runesmith; 04-05-2020 at 03:25 AM.
The following 2 users say Thank You to Runesmith for this post:
Old 04-05-2020, 06:32 AM   #20
SilvertongueLyra
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runesmith View Post
Especially for the American members:
Your goddamned, idiotic moron-in-chief announced at a press conference yesterday, that Americans who are worried about getting COID-19 should take Hydroxychloroquine.

A lot. You have a lot to lose.

First of all, Hydroxychloroquine is not an anti-viral drug. It's an anti-malarial (and malaria results from a parasite, not a virus), and an immunomodulator. It reduces some types of immune responses, especially the ones involved in auto-immune diseases (where the immune system attacks the body's own tissues).

During SARS-1 in 2004, it was shown anecdotally that some patients with atypical pneumonia responded to corticosteroids, which are blanket immune depressors (the evidence was not statistically significant). It was theorized that selective immune modulators might help in atypical pneumonia. So during SARS-COVID-2 caused by COVID-19 virus, some doctors in Wuhan used Hydroxychloroquin. Again, there is not enough evidence to prove a benefit.

Second, Hydroxychloroquine is harmful. Contrary to what the orange fucktard said, Hydroxychloroquine can kill you. In addition to anti-malarial and immunomodulator effects, it also has a 3rd effect - it's a Class 1a anti-arrhythmic drug, which delays electrical repolarization of the heart muscle after contraction. This means, hydroxychloroquine can cause life-threatening arrhythmias, such as ventricular fibrillation. It can happen out of the blue, with hardly any warning. If you get a v-fib, and there's no one around who can perform CPR (social isolation, remember), and no AED nearby, you are a vegetable in about 8 minutes, and dead in 10. They'll find your cat-eaten remains when this is all over.

Overdoses of Hydroxychloroquine can result in acute heart failure, arrhythmia, convulsions, multi-organ failure... and lots of other unpleasant ways to die.

If you have heart disease and taking medication for that, or have diabetes and taking insulin, or have existing liver damage, taking Hydroxychloroquine can be very dangerous.

TLDR version:
Hydroxychloroquine is dangerous, and does squat to protect you from COVID-19. It's being used experimentally in the treatment of atypical penumonia. Taking this drug can kill you. I leave you with a quote from the orange sociopathic moronoid, who doesn't mind that people will die due to his snake oil:

Translation - "Of course I won't take it. My doctors told me it could kill me. But here's some false hope for you to distract you from my incompetence that turned this pandemic response in to an unmitigated cluster fuck."

I also posted this to my blog, so that more people can see it.
As a person who has covid19 now, please listen to runesmith. The disease is not fun to have even at its mild symptoms stage. What I have learnt in the past days is that I couldn't smell too well in the beginning, still can't actually. I have been feeling really tired a lot and exhausted from the simplest of tasks which wouldn't normally do anything at all. It's not like the flu, don't underestimate it. And please, for god's sake, wear a mask.

Oh and the test is shit, I hated it. Do your best to avoid it, it's as unpleasant as a kancho. (It works, it's just highly unpleasant to have to go through).

Stay at home. Wear a mask. Stay away from people and let your introvert germaphobic Sheldon Coopers out. Please stay safe, don't listen to the insane person who runs your country my dear American friends.

PS: I am owned and collared! I am all his.

Looking for my likes, check here

Please feel free to drop any question or ask whatever you please in my AMA
SilvertongueLyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 01:37 AM   #21
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Ok, I never thought I'd have to say this in my life, but...

Don't fucking drink, inject, or breathe in any kind of disinfectant... ever!

I didn't realize that Idiocracy was a documentary.

My stories:
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
The following user says Thank You to Runesmith for this post:
Old 04-25-2020, 02:06 AM   #22
Kevb6240

Do you put ice with bleach or is it best at room temperature and to give orange face some credit, in my professional opinion bleach will kill the virus but its corrosive nature means it will give you chemical burns, starting with your mouth and as it moves down your throat the fumes it creates will burn your nostrils as the irritation courses you to intense pain. Your throat will swell cutting of your oxygen but that doesn't matter as your lungs don't work now anyway. DON'T DRINK IT!

Sorry I know that's a bit to much detail but that's what paramedics have to deal with because of that orange blob.
Kevb6240 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Kevb6240 for this post:
Old 04-25-2020, 06:51 AM   #23
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevb6240 View Post
Do you put ice with bleach or is it best at room temperature and to give orange face some credit, in my professional opinion bleach will kill the virus but its corrosive nature means it will give you chemical burns, starting with your mouth and as it moves down your throat the fumes it creates will burn your nostrils as the irritation courses you to intense pain. Your throat will swell cutting of your oxygen but that doesn't matter as your lungs don't work now anyway. DON'T DRINK IT!

Sorry I know that's a bit to much detail but that's what paramedics have to deal with because of that orange blob.
That's a pretty good description. I just read a news article that said the calls to the Maryland emergency response center due to ingestion of household chemicals doubled in the last 24 hours.

Next up - since heat kills the virus, we will experiment with putting patients in vats of boiling water...

My stories:
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Old 04-26-2020, 02:17 AM   #24
cloudness
getDare Sweetheart

Been stuck in lockdown and not been able to see friends or family kinda sucks, but doing alright, over 100 cases in my city, so gotta be careful.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #25
SilvertongueLyra
Account Banned

Hello! I am hoping you are all having a great day!

I was wondering if this is a norm in covid recovered - I have been seeing black spots in my eyes since I got covid. I have recovered in most every sense but I just realised about this weird thing this morning realising it's been happening since covid and not before. I have got back my sense of taste and smell, this is the only thing which is different and a bit peculiar. Anyone else who has been through this too? Does it go away on it's own? Is it not related?

Thanks!
Lyra.

PS: I am owned and collared! I am all his.

Looking for my likes, check here

Please feel free to drop any question or ask whatever you please in my AMA
SilvertongueLyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk