Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares

Old 05-05-2018, 05:59 AM   #1
SubRed92
Account Banned

Default Dare Crafting Mail Service (DCMS)

Welcome to the Dare Crafting Mail Service.

DCMS in a nutshell
This service allows you to receive a dare crafted by the getDare community after an unknown period of time while maintaining (partial) anonymity.

How it works
  1. Request a service via PM. (Request template below)
  2. Your name is added to the participant list
  3. You will receive a response containing a code unique to your request
  4. A private message containing your code as well as likes, dislikes, limits and toys will be sent to a random participant
  5. Recipient adds to, or edits the dare within the message and sends it to another participant of his/her choice
  6. Message is passed around like a ball
  7. Message circulates back to you eventually.
  8. Complete your dare

Click here for participant list

Messages are only circulated among participants
To participate, simply make a post indicating your interest
You may participate without making a request

Request Template

Title:
Quote:
DCMS Request
Contents:
Quote:
Dislikes:

Limits:

Toys:

Additional information:

likes, dislikes, limits, toys will be obtained from your profile if not provided

Sample DCMS Message

Title:
Quote:
Dare Crafting Mail [A007]
Contents:
Quote:
Greetings!

If you are user A007, congratulations! Please post your dare on our thread as a form of support.

If not, please help him/her out by doing the following:
  1. Copy this message and title exactly
  2. Add to, or edit the "Current Dares" section
  3. Send the edited message to ONE participant. (list in thread)

--- Current Dares ---
You are the first recipient. You get to set the first dare, Lucky you!

--- A007's details ---

Dislikes:

Limits:

Toys:

Additional Information:

You may only request a new service once every week, unless you have received your previously circulating dare.

To keep this service alive, please post here if you have successfully received your dares. I appreciate it!

There is a chance that your message never circulates back to you (recipient has quit, don't feel like forwarding, etc). This is experimental, it is impossible to predict how long it takes to circulate. The more you request, the higher the chances!

Last edited by SubRed92; 05-06-2018 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Improvements courtesy of: Leuler, ballistic
SubRed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to SubRed92 for this post:
Old 05-05-2018, 08:35 AM   #2
Jamin0731
getDare Sweetheart

Is the original PM to receive a code sent to you?

Permanent Rules PM Dares Likes / Dislikes / Limits

Make me even more of a baby girl through hypnosis so that I may give you pleasure.
DIAPERED - I will wear a diaper for 24 hours straight, no changes. I'm still allowed to poop in the toilet.
I am a complete beta.
Jamin0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #3
SubRed92
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin0731 View Post
Is the original PM to receive a code sent to you?
By original PM do you mean the request template?

Basically, you send me a PM following that template and I will reply to you with a code. That same code is in the message I send out to the community for you. That way, when you receive a mail with the same code, you know the dare was crafted for you.

There have been two requests which I have sent out so far!

Last edited by SubRed92; 05-05-2018 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Aesthetics
Old 05-05-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
ballistic

Sorry for being realistic but I believe this dare can work only on paper.

- What if someone simply ignores your message and don't forward it? The dare suddenly dies and you have no way to track what happened (Doesn't help that the message looks like a letter chain, or in other words - spam)

- Even then chances for the message to reach its target are really slim. It might as well get stuck somewhere

I'd suggest you to instead try to turn this dare into a thread form, where you could forward someone's anonymous request and ask for let's say 5 dares in replies, then post another request etc

Last edited by ballistic; 05-05-2018 at 12:50 PM.
ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to ballistic for this post:
Old 05-05-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
SubRed92
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
Sorry for being realistic but I believe this dare can work only on paper.

- What if someone simply ignores your message and don't forward it? The dare suddenly dies and you have no way to track what happened (Doesn't help that the message looks like a letter chain, or in other words - spam)

- Even then chances for the message to reach its target are really slim. It might as well get stuck somewhere

I'd suggest you to instead try to turn this dare into a thread form, where you could forward someone's anonymous request and ask for let's say 5 dares in replies, then post another request etc
I appreciate the time you took to write this feedback. Thank you!

I have thought about the likelihood of the message ever returning to the requester. I agree that the the odds are not high. Like you said, many things can happen in transit, not everyone will forward the message and it can get lost.

I did not think of the spam part though. Thanks for pointing that out. My thoughts was that it might be nice to receive a message like this from time to time. It is something different to do for a fellow getDare user. Do most of us receive so many PMs that this feels like spam? Regardless, I'll change the request frequency allowed to mitigate this.

This is totally experimental. I like to try things out. It's the best way to find out what works and what doesn't. Is there enough people in the community willing to take the time to circulate the message?

I have sent out 5 requests so far, fingers crossed, hopefully one of them makes it.

The threaded version seems like a good idea too. I'll take part if you happen to set it up one day!
Old 05-06-2018, 02:26 AM   #6
Sanpow
Distinguished Member

It might workif people who want to play this post in this thread first (if you want a dare or if you just like to get the PMs and create/edit the dares). So if you get a PM you sent it to a random person who wans to play.

And it's much more likely the person who requested a dare will get it.

Limits/Likes moved into my Blog

PM-Dares

[/center]
Sanpow is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Sanpow for this post:
Old 05-06-2018, 02:56 AM   #7
SubRed92
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leuler View Post
It might workif people who want to play this post in this thread first (if you want a dare or if you just like to get the PMs and create/edit the dares). So if you get a PM you sent it to a random person who wans to play.

And it's much more likely the person who requested a dare will get it.
Ohhh this seems like a brilliant plan. I'm thinking of setting up a blog to keep track of who has made requests and who are willing to participate in the message passing. Afterall, posts are too hard to keep track of.

This should increase the odds of receiving the message back greatly. The issue now is I have to get a decent number of people joining for this to work properly. I'll give this a shot. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2018, 04:40 AM   #8
SubRed92
Account Banned

It has been a while since I've sent out the first few requests. I wonder if any of them were successful?
Going by the new rules, they shouldn't take too long..
Old 05-20-2018, 07:51 AM   #9
Jamin0731
getDare Sweetheart

I've gotten one sent to me, and I've not received mine yet so, idk lol

Permanent Rules PM Dares Likes / Dislikes / Limits

Make me even more of a baby girl through hypnosis so that I may give you pleasure.
DIAPERED - I will wear a diaper for 24 hours straight, no changes. I'm still allowed to poop in the toilet.
I am a complete beta.
Jamin0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:59 AM   #10
SubRed92
Account Banned

Default Experiment is over!

I think it is safe to conclude that this experiment was a failure. It comes as no surprise since it is overly ambitious. Huge thanks to all those who participated, as well as those who gave their feedback!

The blog for this experiment will be deleted, so this thread is officially dead.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:23 AM   #11
Buzzlightyear
Account Banned

Might I suggest you re-format it so that you post a link to a listmoz and add your likes/limits there, then simply compile all the links into one big list so no one really knows which is which aside from their own? Then instead of waiting for PMs and risking the entire thing disappearing you could see not only the most recent dare, but the progression and growth of said dare.
OP didn't have a terrible concept, it's basically that children's game 'telephone circle'... However, I realize how sporadic I am at visiting my kink sites, and I know many others are just as bad [if not 10x times worse] at replying in a timely fashion...

http://listmoz.com/#zgXv65zpvK1BDpKVsD
Buzzlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:53 AM   #12
SubRed92
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzlightyear View Post
Might I suggest you re-format it so that you post a link to a listmoz and add your likes/limits there, then simply compile all the links into one big list so no one really knows which is which aside from their own? Then instead of waiting for PMs and risking the entire thing disappearing you could see not only the most recent dare, but the progression and growth of said dare.
OP didn't have a terrible concept, it's basically that children's game 'telephone circle'... However, I realize how sporadic I am at visiting my kink sites, and I know many others are just as bad [if not 10x times worse] at replying in a timely fashion...

http://listmoz.com/#zgXv65zpvK1BDpKVsD
Ooh what is this listmoz thing? I'll check it out, thanks!

Advertisements
Kink Talk