Old 12-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Find How do you write your stories?

Do you type them straight into getDare? Do you plan them/make notes? Do you hand-write them? Do you type them up into Word/Notepad before posting? Do you write one part per day? etc.

Basically, how do you write your story/stories?
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Other than slowly and with great difficulty? I write them up on word and copy them across. The same as with my Fanfiction one, but that's another matter.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
Duckers

I've been writing in Open Office's word processor (Writer, I think it is called). I generally use Word, but Writer isn't bad. Word's better at catching grammar mistakes, but the Writer file size is tiny compared to Word.

I write whenever I get time, which mostly seems to be the middle of the week. Most of my current story is just a matter of remembering what happened, so I've been jotting out things that happen later in the story and shoving them down to the bottom of the file.

Having a buffer between what you have written and what you have actually posted works well for me. There have been numerous times that I have remembered a detail that was important for the later part of the story, and I've been able to add it in without worrying about editing an existing post.
Duckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

I do them all at once, no plans, no redrafting, in MS Word.
Then I'll copypasta into gD, if I want to upload it here.
greatsayaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

I tend to write my stories up in Word and save them. A new document for each part. I tend to write stuff and just go with it. Usually, when I go back through it, I tend to notice bits I don't like and I end up either deleting the whole thing or faffing about for hours. So what goes up on getDare is usually my first draft. I apologise for any mistakes and just hope there aren't any plot holes - if there are some, well, the reader can make up a theory or just use imagination to get around it.

With my latest story, I've just written up part after part with few breaks. I also have some handwritten notes to help me keep track ^__^
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #6
Midnight
getDare Sweetheart

Location: When I'm in one location, I'll let you know. Doubt that will be any time soon. (Thanks work!)

While I don't post on here, I am an avid writer. I write the bits I see on a document or piece of paper. It just depends on what's handy. I try to keep the whole story on one document and when I post in it chapters, I paste those particular chapters in a document and load them up individually.

Some have notes, some have outlines. It depends on how much is in there and whether or not I can process it all at once.

Just quiet and guarded.

Be careful when you talk to me...you never know which personality wants to play.

You can message for whatever. I'm open to conversation. Anything else...well, you saw the little memo about the many personality...it also applies to moods.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I type them into word so I can save them for myself. And I post a chapter whenever I think of something or when I have time and can be bothered, which sometimes takes ages.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
jackfromnyc
Account Banned

I start with an outline of the whole story. Then I outline each chapter. I do research to get it as accurate as possible. Then I write it in word and copy/paste.
jackfromnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
andrew_b
getDare Cultist (Outer Circle)

Send a message via MSN to andrew_b

I just write them straight up and make it up as i go along :P, yeah i'm not really a proper writer but hey people like it so i'm not complaining

My Real Experiences
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=81891

Send me a pm if you want, I'm always up for chatting to people

CHECK OUT MY NEW FICTIONAL STORY "Pushed to Fantasy (On Vacation)" LINK BELOW
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthre...00#post4465100

I've also got snapchat, kik, skype and messenger. If you want to add me just send me a pm and I'll give you my username(s)
andrew_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
Lizard
getDare Sweetheart

I write "off line" using a plain text exitor (vi) and a text formatting programme that converts the "source" into something suitable for cutting and pasting into an edit window.

Genrally it takes a month or two before I'm happy with how it reads and feel it is ready for public consumption. Some times it takes much longer depending on my writing mood. I currenltly have a story started, targeted to this site, that has been in progress for three months now. I tend to read, and reread my stories, making slight changes with each pass. Multiple revisions are critical, in my humble opnion, to producing a good story; the most imortant thing that is gained is consistency, both in the plot and in the narrative style.

Likes: Humilliation, CD, marginally risky dares, outdoor/public, self bondage, pee/diapers

HARD Limits: dangerous, perminant, feces, directly involving people/family, long dares, cutting/blood, food play/messy, nudity, pics, animals

Boring, so don't bother: wedgies, edging
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #11
TiedGuy

Wink My stories are my fantasies

My stories are fantasies that turn me on. The first part is usually from a picture or something on the web that turns me on. The story get filled in when I am in bed and I imagine things I could put in the story that gets me excited. Idea for the following segments usually occur as I am daydreaming about the last post.

To write the story I use Gmail documents. This way there is no file that someone could find on my laptop and I can work on the story from anywhere. Also I have less problems when I paste from Gmail docs than from word. I use spell check and reread before I post. I find it useful to reread the segment after I post it. Very often I have to edit it to correct errors or make it more understandable.

Last edited by TiedGuy; 12-22-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Correct Error
TiedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
chubbsman7

Me.. wow, I am one paranoid son of a bitch!

Usually, I type mine into Word/Pages (I have a Mac). Just incase anybody would find them, I save them on my flash drive, which has another seperate volume INSIDE a seperate volume (.sparsebundles), which are encrpyed with a 256-Bit Code. Only I know the password so... It's a very slim chance that any would find them.

Yes, I am paranoid, if I already answered that question.

...And So Summer Starts (Lauren's View)

With these stories, I'll try to update every Monday or so. It depends on my work schedule, really. But I'll post as often (as appropriate, definitely not everyday!) as I can!

Also: A side project of mine:

The In The Black Fedora
chubbsman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #13
HeadHunter_t

Send a message via ICQ to HeadHunter_t Send a message via MSN to HeadHunter_t Send a message via Yahoo to HeadHunter_t

I type it in to word and then post it by chapters when i get a chance.then i get alot of complaints becuse i am not posting quick enoph from the people who read it you know who you guys are
Old 04-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #14
openinvizion

Location: I live in my house, in a small country with other countries nearby
Send a message via Yahoo to openinvizion

For my current story, I started writing it with Google Docs >< but now, I write it with word.

The problem with Docs is that spelling errors are only found if you "Check for Errors"
随着泡沫漂流
勇士小男孩
凯旋回家了
作战勇敢的小男孩
凯旋回家了

DIBS ON MEW

openinvizion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #15
Ninjota
Distinguished Member

As an author of short stories and such, i have to be in the right mood to write them. That mood is USUALY either:

Inspired (Randomly comes to me)

or the most common,

Depressed

Sometimes when i get depressed its easier to write about the more....edgy topics, such as the story im writing now.

I began my story here (Architecture of a Sadistic Nature) one night i was extremely depressed and in a dangerous state of mind (Ive since recovered but ive been continuing it)

Anyways, the night i began i was extremely depressed over stuff (I wont get into, it was a bunch of stuff) so i turned off all the lights in my basement and lit candles. I Then performed a ritual of protection and such to my gods (As i am Pagan) and left the candles on, i turned on some music..the song "A Succubus in rapture" by Dimmu Borgir, and began writing.

When i write its all about the state of mind im in, which is usually a dangerous one. But as ive said in my story, "All great art is made from suffering"
If I was your vampire, death waits for no one
Hold my hands across your face
Because I think our time has come
Ninjota is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk