Old 10-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #1
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Default Account deletion requests

It is getDares policy that we do not delete accounts. Sending a message demanding that we do so is not going to make it happen.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Old 10-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
sunset-gd
getDare Sweetheart

Aren't you legally obligated to in the case of EU citizens?

https://gdpr-info.eu/issues/right-to-be-forgotten/
Limits: public, scat, drinking piss, messy, a2m, line writing
Toys: collar, small butt plug, medium plug, riding crop, cane, paddle, rope, cuffs, spreader bar, 7" dildo, enema kit, ball gag, ring gag, weighted clamps, clover clamps, tazapper, dress, skirt, panties, chastity cage, diapers
PM Dares
sunset-gd is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to sunset-gd for this post:
Old 10-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
kurious kat
getDare's Kinkiest Kitty

That seems a valid point for sites based in the EU, but it's worth considering this article from The Guardian about the Court's opinion on whether non-EU sites share that obligation.
kurious kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:39 PM   #4
gdBob
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurious kat View Post
That seems a valid point for sites based in the EU, but it's worth considering this article from The Guardian about the Court's opinion on whether non-EU sites share that obligation.
That's interesting. The article does actually say that the privacy rules protect EU users. So, using that article as an example, if requested GetDare would have to make sure that an EU user's details are not visible to other EU users, even if it doesn't remove them from 'the rest of the world'.
nudity, risky stripping, interesting truths and games of chance.
gdBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:23 AM   #5
kurious kat
getDare's Kinkiest Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdBob View Post
As an example, if requested GetDare would have to make sure that an EU user's details are not visible to other EU users, even if it doesn't remove them from 'the rest of the world'.
I don't have a legal background, so I don't pretend to be an expert on the specifics, but from reading news articles and other forums, it looks to me like deleting an account wouldn't necessarily be required for that. If a space like getDare were to be subject to the ruling despite not being an EU site, it's quite possible that brief changes to/deletion of identifying information from specific posts, and/or removing certain non-visible, admin-side registration data (like an email address) from the system might be considered adequate for compliance.

Given that, the best defense is always be careful about what details you share here (or anywhere) -- and to at least try to keep it as anonymous as possible from the world at large if you don't really want to risk your neighbors knowing. (Again, I'm not a legal expert, just perpetually curious about the world.)
kurious kat is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to kurious kat for this post:
Old 11-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #6
sunset-gd
getDare Sweetheart

In accordance with EU law, I am submitting a right to be forgotten request. Please delete my account within the next few days.
Toys: collar, small butt plug, medium plug, riding crop, cane, paddle, rope, cuffs, spreader bar, 7" dildo, enema kit, ball gag, ring gag, weighted clamps, clover clamps, tazapper, dress, skirt, panties, chastity cage, diapers
PM Dares
Old 11-11-2019, 11:06 AM   #7
Matt:
getDare Cultist (Inner Circle)

As for the vast majority of posts, there is nothing individually identifying to the person posting. Not sure what the big deal is anyway. All pictures etc.. can be deleted by yourself.

All posts are anonymous unless you post identifying information yourself.

Also if too many requirements are placed on sites like this, there's a chance they will either have to shut down or become paid sites, so they can afford a legal team! As far as I know, none of the admin or staff get paid for what they do.

Current Rule - I have to do all picture requests by females and I must show my full face

Sam, forever in my heart, I will always miss you <3

Last edited by Matt:; 11-11-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Matt: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #8
Forced
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan-ide View Post
In accordance with EU law, I am submitting a right to be forgotten request. Please delete my account within the next few days.
A post in a thread... How official and definitely the way to envoke your right to be forgotten IF you have that right.

If getDare stops catering their services to EU countries* and strip all mods and admins (data controllers) who live in the EU from their rank then getDare has no legal obligation to comply with the GDPR. But I'm sure gD won't do this so what are you going to do? Go after getDare when there are still commercial companies violating the GDPR?

Ps. I have no legal background but am aware of to whom the GDPR applies after doing research and asking around some time ago.

* Stop catering the gD service doesn't mean GEO blocking the EU but rather removing any website information (not user information) that can be associated with the EU, such as euro pricings, EN-GB (gD uses EN-US), etc. An example would be to remove the location option EU for M/s ads.

Edit: but with gD's member base consisting of at least a quarter living in the EU, the above is open for discussion. Of course, this will drop below the 10% after a couple of years when the British leave.

Last edited by Forced; 11-11-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: established user base
Forced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:16 PM   #9
sunset-gd
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
A post in a thread... How official and definitely the way to envoke your right to be forgotten IF you have that right.
I want this to be a matter of public record so that all users of GD can see and know their rights - which is why it's a post in a forum.

Quote:
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:

a) the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;

b) the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based according to point (a) of Article 6(1), or point (a) of Article 9(2), and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
It's pretty clear that I have the right to withdraw consent for GD to hold and process this data, particularly as the data here falls into GDPR's special categories.

I have plenty of experience with GDPR, and I can assure you GD would be breaking EU law by failing to delete this data.
PM Dares
Old 11-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #10
Forced
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan-ide View Post
It's pretty clear that I have the right to withdraw consent for GD to hold and process this data, particularly as the data here falls into GDPR's special categories.
According to the extra-territorial scope of the GDPR defined in article 3 where gD falls under section two, sub-section a and b, gD is indeed subject to the GDPR. Sub-section a I described in my previous post and sub-section b I didn't talk about. If getDare is keeping track of EU citizens using cookies or IP addresses (which it does) then gD is subjectable to the GDPR. And like with sub-section a, gD has the option to stop keeping track of IP addresses, and deleting cookies is easy. Like I said, a couple of changes on gD's behalf and if they won't do that, anyone going after gD is a shitty person in my opinion.

By quoting a piece of my post, I assume that your post is meant for me. You don't have to explain me that it's pretty clear that you have the right to ask for your data to be erased (I never disagreed with you). All I'm saying is that gD can edit its website in order to not have to comply with the GDPR.

Forced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #11
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

These GDPR discussions all seems a bit silly to me. GDPR only applies to personal data, the vast majority of which can be edited by the user here already (and the vast majority of user's here purposely avoid sharing personal data for obvious reasons).

I do think there's some moral obligation to help genuine requests from people concerned about, say blackmail attempts or potential employers finding their accounts though. The only personal information this applies to though is usernames which I'd hope the admins would help with (like change username to anonymise then delete/ban account), which would also deal with any GDPR issues.

As far as threats of legal challenges or geo-restricting the site you won't find any support from me and the vast majority of GetDare's users.
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:42 AM   #12
MischievousKitten
gD king

You can't edit older posts. I think I had this problem before cause I had posted stuff I didn't want public anymore. That was a while ago.

(It lists my old Dom there too lazy to change it)

Full Likes/Dislikes
PM Dares
My Transition
My Rules
Things I have
BDSMTest (3/14/2018)

Biggest denial: 175 days
MischievousKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:08 AM   #13
doctorwho29
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
It is getDares policy that we do not delete accounts. Sending a message demanding that we do so is not going to make it happen.
Please make an exception. This site, and others, is very unhealthy for me. It's an addiction that is hurting my life and my Walk with the Lord. It would be extremely helpful if my account were deleted. Please.
doctorwho29 is offline   Reply With Quote