Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
pranadevil
Distinguished Member

Cool GetDare's Desert Island Discs!

Okay, This "could" be a truth of some kind, but meh, it's better in the lounge due to the additions.

Came up with this idea a week or so back, but wanted to run it all by Depp first.

The basic idea of the thread is to post the 10 songs you would want to have with you to listen on a Desert Island, and also give good solid reasoning behind it (one liners aren't good reasoning ).

The reason for the reasoning? If there's enough interest I'll be creating a semi-regularly MP3 "show" that people can download which will include a little talking from yours truly *bows*, and a selection of songs from the posters here.

I'll likely (but not necessarily) pick about 4-5 tracks per user, depending on the quality of your comments about the songs, and my taste wont necessarily factor into it, even if I don't like the songs you've picked, if you have good reasons for picking them I will try and play them (though no guarentees if I can't find it).

So, get listing people (No time limit on how long you can take, no matter how long the thread runs for, just feel free to add). I'll be adding mine too at some point.

For ease of access, all episodes can be found here:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=35
Limits: Illegal activities (underage, bestiality etc.)

Full Day Of Control Dare

Song Contest Thread

Kik is broken
Skype - live:thecruelmaster82

Last edited by pranadevil; 07-07-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Added first Episode
pranadevil is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to pranadevil for this post:
Old 07-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #2
urlilslave080
Distinguished Member

The Who - my generation
this would be dancing rock song, i could do little dazzle while on the beach, and pretend to rock singing "talking bout my generation".

The Who - Teenage Wasteland
Because that song represented my teenage life, it could be my rebel song that i listen to when im angry.

The Dire Straights - Romeo and Juliet
That can be my lovee dovee song, keeps me mellowed out and also a great song to sleep to.

The Dire Straights - Sultans of Swing (live version off of Alchemy)
the best guitar solos, the best drum solos, nice beat, why wouldn't you want this song on the deserted island.

The Clash - Bankrobber
Chilled mellow song, easy listening, its great to sing out loud to.

Black Strobe - im a man
Makes me feel like a man when i listen to that song, its nice heavy rock, and it gets you all manly feeling.

Damien Marley - beautiful
nice reggae mixed with rap, easy listening good beats great dance song.

Reo speedwagon - keep on loving you
reminds me of a close friendship that i used to have but we stopped talking because i moved, so im definitely having that.

The Rolling Stones - you can't always get what you want
must i say more

The Rolling stones - honky tonk woman
Really good drinking song from back in the day, gotta love the rolling stones.

OR IF YOU HAVE DICE CHECK OUt MY NEW DICE DARE GAME
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=27595

Happy Daring
urlilslave080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Trystaan
getDare Succubus

I love College - Asher Roth

This song just makes me feel good, and could also remind me of home/college.

Hurt - Johnny Cash

To me, this is a classic and would probably remind me that things could be worse so that I could feel better.

Omen - Prodigy

This would be a very up beat, rave song which I could dance too and remind me of good times.

Your Life and Mine - Just Surrender

This would remind me of a special girl which would make me happy, + it talks about going back to my own life which would offer hope.

All The Small Things - Blink 182

This song makes me think of my mum, which can't be a bad thing.

Re-Education - Rise Against

I found this song on GH and I have had good times with mates on GH. + It talks about rebelling the system which could inspire me.

Don't Trust Me - 3Oh!3

Makes me think of a couple of girls and my cousin. Is very upbeat and dancable.

The Middle - Jimmy Eat World

Talks about everything will be alright, which is awesome .

Only 8 for now, sorry must dash will update later.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

CKY - escape from hellsview

its a intresting creepy song full of energy, i enjoy it. the lyrics a metaphore about living in socity? maybe

Dry cell- body crumbles

i love the energy of this song because it talks about loseing control of reality and breaking the barriers associated with conforming to socity.

cradle of filth - her ghost in the fog

a lovly metal balid of love, loss and revenge. haunting lyrics really add to the experence.

Disturbed - inside the fire

i enjoy this song, eventhough the lyrics sound like a demon talking a man to kill himself to be with the woman he loves. we all will experence these emotions and i hope that no one takes it to this extream, we all have lost before.

torcadero - a girl named tex

anyone can be anything they set their mind to.

flyleaf - cassie

convictions in the face of death. do you beleve in god? writen on a bullet, say YES to pull the trigger.

collide - white rabbit

a cover of jefferson airplane's white rabbit. song about finding advice about addictions.

Dope - Die Mother Fucker Die

great beat, good energy. lyrics about being independent, and living your own life.

pet shop boys - one night in bangkok

a oldie but great, i enjoy it because it talks about temptation and trying to keep focused in a world of corruption.

spirit of the west - home for a rest

a nice balid talking about indulgance.
MasterPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
D0M1N1C

Send a message via AIM to D0M1N1C

There's a Party in Your Bedroom- Cash Cash - I love the song because I first heard it at my cousin's house and it has such a great beat. Ever since I found it I can't stop listening.

So What - Pink - Just a fun upbeat tune makes me feel like a rebel, and I saw it on American Idol. The video itself is disgusting but the song is great.

Don't Stop Believing - Journey - I feel it is a very inspirational song and everyone can sing to it it is also a simple classic song!

I'm Yours - Jason Maraz - It reminds me of the last da of school because, me and my friend were sitting in our classroom listening to the radio and the song started playing. So I love it!

Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it) - Beyonce - Just one example of my weird taste in music, basically it is a silly dance song, I saw it on a Dancing show and it was funny how they danced to the tune

You are my Sunshine - ???- Don't look this up cause it sucks but it is a song my dad always played for me when I was a baby, it is very comforting to me

Milkshake - Kelis - Lol Another wierd choice of mine it is just funny. "MY MILKSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD" lol

Waking up in Vegas - Katey Perry - Just another song that reminds me of a significent event in my life, my first plane trip because I went to Vegas (well it was a lay over in Vegas)

I Got This Feeling - Black Eyed Peas - A song that makes me think about the good times and not the sad times that get us depressed!

High School Never Ends - Bowling for Soup - Just a funny song about high school that I love and the video is so funny but it really does state the fact high school never ends lol

I recomend almost all of them except the one I mention isn't good

Last edited by D0M1N1C; 07-09-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Adding on
D0M1N1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
dragonator
getDare Devil

Battly Hymn-Manowar
Warriors of the World United-Manowar
Call to Arms -Manowar
Fight Until We Die-Manowar
Hands of Doom-Manowar
Sons of Odin-Manowar
Sleipnir-Manowar

All of my Manowar songs would be chosen for the same reason. There is going to be a lot of work to do on the deseret island in order to survive. I work MUCH harder and faster and better when im angry or ready for a fight. The majority of these songs make me both angry and ready to fight but all of them make me reafdy to fight. Thusly if i listen to these songs while im working il get off of the island sooner.

Angry American-Toby Keith

This song was chosen to remind me of where i came from no matter how long im on that island as long as i have this song i will rember my heritage because as a kid (like forur or five) i lisened to this so much that now it reminds me of those times.

Aint as Good as I Once Was-Toby Keith

This song reminds me that even when things are bad things can still get better and what is nesseciary can still be done.

and finally

Honky Tonk U-Toby Keith

This song would remind me that no matter what the circumstances are you mcan make them better and have fun still.

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
dragonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #7
Midnight
getDare Sweetheart

Location: When I'm in one location, I'll let you know. Doubt that will be any time soon. (Thanks work!)

Wow . . . there are so many songs. I know I don't have 10, but these five mean alot to me.

Hot N Cold (Katy Perry) - It's such a great dance song and it's something that's fun to listen to, to sing with.

Jello (100 Monkeys) - It's such a silly improv song a band sang after a suggestion about jello and it's so hard not to smile when you hear it.

Always Look on the Bright Side Of Life (Monty Python) - I mean if you're stuck on an island, you would need something to cheer you up. And although this song points out how bad life can be, it makes fun of it.

We're Didn't Stop the Fire (Billy Joel) - Seriously, ignore one of the greatest artists out there? It's got a great beat, great lyrics. What's not to like?

Electricity (from Billy Elliot the Musical) - Whenever I have a low day, this song always seem to inspire from wherever I am. It gives me strength to chase after what I want, just like he did.

Just quiet and guarded.

Be careful when you talk to me...you never know which personality wants to play.

You can message for whatever. I'm open to conversation. Anything else...well, you saw the little memo about the many personality...it also applies to moods.

Last edited by Midnight; 07-06-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #8
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

Omen - Prodigy As said above, a fantastic energizer.

Thunder - Prodigy And a nice song to relax to as well as wind up some

Climbatise - Prodigy One of my favorite Prodigy songs ever.

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger Can you tell i loves me some Drum & Bass?

Kosheen - Slip 'n Slide A great song for any occasion, and i've always admired the vocalist...

Kosheen - Hide U Great beat and lyrics. Plus i love the ambience of this song.

Kosheen - Catch Again a great ambiance. And lyrics. I love the power expressed in this song.

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters This song has a great special meaning and many happy memories atatched to it, for me.

John Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses Again a song that holds great sentimental value to me. Don't ask why. You really don't want to know.

John Bon Jovi - Diamond Ring A song that never fails to bring a smile to my face...

-- Welp, there's my list of ten, in no particular order of favorites!

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --
Anjelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #9
Night-1991
Account Banned

In no order...

Nickelback - Gotta Be Somebody
I could of said any song by them but this holds a meaning. I'll find the one i'm looking for, someday.

DragonForce - Operation Ground and Pound
Listened to these guys WAY before Guitar Hero. So i guess i'm the ONLY one who enjoys their music. I'm a big RP'er so it inspires me.

Gallows - Rolling With The Punches
Music that you can kick the head off a chav to. Nuff said

Metallica - ...And Justice For All
Firm fave for me, i won't go into details on why i like it.

My Chemical Romance - Our Lady of Sorrows
I'm not a slash wrists emo, nor am i a poser. This was MCR at their true form.

Green Day - 21 Guns
Very powerful stuff. Just stop the war, stop the killing.

Bullet For My Valentine - Waking The Demon
LOL. Well, anthem for anyone who has been bullied and just lashed out at them.

Judas Priest - Painkiller
Heard it in Rock Band 2. But boy i wished i heard it earlier.

Dream Theater - Panic Attack
Epic song, just...epic. I need not say more. JUST LISTEN TO IT.

Hollywood Undead - Young
I love this song, no not because of Rock Band 2 (Which it served as a free DLC). But because since discovering them by randomly hearing Undead one night, it just sounded so awesome.

And those are my ten. Now, i better duck the flames!
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #10
pranadevil
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the responses thus far. I'm definitely liking them, and I shall get to creating the stuff tomorrow and Wednesday (hopefully I cn work ahead of myself so I can release them with a small gap between them and perhaps get some discussion going too ).

But also, as promised, here's my 10 in no particular order:

1 - Sonata Arctica - Replica
What's there to say that can't be heard just by listening to it... this song is just amazing in every sense of the word. The entire thing builds throughout and the end extremely powerful, but yet the lyrics are beautiful and it has a great melody throughout.

2 - Alestorm - Keelhauled
A relatively recent Alestorm song (well, being that their first album was released last year... all their stuff is recent, but this was released just a month ago), either way this song is just great fun pirate music, even if it is about killing a traitor. It's still all upbeat, and the pirate feel would work for a desert island.

3 - Spitting Image - The Chicken Song
I'm sure there's a bunch of people who know this song wondering what drugs I'm on, but hear me out. Made in a time when chirpy pop rubbish which would stick in your mind for weeks on end was all the rage during summer this managed to pull off the same trick but successfully rip the ever loving piss out of all similar music in a way people have trouble doing even now.

4 - Masterplan - Spirit Never Die
Fast, upbeat, and has lyrics to essentially say "don't give up". Such a powerful song. Add in the fact that the first time I heard it it was playing over an Eternal Champions Fatality video, and it also links me back to my childhood quite nicely too .

5 - Within Temptation - Memories
I love this band and have been to see them live twice (And I've been to just two concerts... you do the math!), this is one of their softer songs but the lyrics (as the title indicates) talk about memories about a certain person, and how that lets you carry on. Just a beautiful song

6 - Lordi - Dr Sin Is In
In my view the best Eurovision winners to date, but not with this song. It is, however, one of the catchiest songs (in my view) that they have made, and I needed at least one heavy song in there that I can just rock out to.

7 - Akira Yamaoka - Room Of Angel
AKA The theme from Silent Hill 4 (AKA the best part of the game). Such a haunting and evil song. The lyrics for the chorus are just vicious and the chanting feel of them just makes them pretty chilling. Really evil song, but I love it in every way.

8 - Sonata Arctica - Tallulah
I really didn't wish to include 2 Sonata Arctica songs on this list, but in all honesty I could probably survive only ever listening to them and nobody else. This song specifically is softer than the earlier one but yet is just as good and brings up thought of past relationships. Add in the kick in after the first minute and a half, and it's one of the best songs I've ever heard.

9 - The Levellers - Dog Train
Back when I was still in school this song came on early morning TV with one of the greatest music videos yet (seriously, go check it out on youtube, it's a cartoon! ) and instantly hooked me. I went out and bought the single, and it's so catchy it's ridiculous, has a sort of Irish Jig feel about parts of it, but that's definitely a good thing for the style of music.

10 - Toshiro Masuda - Naruto Main Theme
Leaving the best until last, at least for this specific list. While this song might not make my "Top 10 songs ever" list at any point, when you take in the situation we're talking (typical desert island, so nothing but you, some trees, the sun and sand), so being able to just lie back and enjoy the music on a hot day, perhaps with the waves lapping at your feet, I can't think of a better piece of music to play for that sort of mood.

aaaand... my ten are done!

Full Day Of Control Dare

Song Contest Thread

Kik is broken
Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #11
Jenna<3

Send a message via MSN to Jenna<3

1. "Her Morning Elegance" by Oren Lavie
-This song is my favorite song all time, I've got almost 1500 plays on itunes, and that's not even how many times I've listened to it on my iTouch. It just speaks to me, basically saying that we need to fight for our lives, but live in the moment.

2. "Her Diamonds" by Rob Thomas
-Even though I only bought the song three days ago, I've played it so many times. It's a really sad song about his wife who has a rare autoimmune disease, and how they cope with it. I really like sad things though, I'm not sure why. Why though would I bring it? It reminds me of my brother and his wife, she doesn't have AIDs or anything, but it's like a picture I can listen to.

3. "Save Tonight" by Eagle Eye Cherry
-This one I don't listen to often, but when I do, there's a reason. It's about saving tonight, because he'll be gone tomorrow. I'd bring it, so I could remember to save the time that I had, and enjoy every moment of it, because I won't know what happens next.

4. "Wind" by Akeboshi
-The credit song from Naruto, season one. I love this song, and have since I started watching Naruto, and still after I stopped. It's all about not trying to be somebody else, but being yourself.

5. "Colorado Sunrise" by 3OH!3
-I hate rap, I do, but this song is amazing. I've always liked the idea of closeness in a relationship, and it kind of expresses that in the song, parts anyways. Half of it's a cute relationship i want to be with you song, the other half is how much of a train-wreck the guy is. LOL

6. "White Houses" by Vanessa Carlton
-This one is all about trying new things, growing up. If I'm going to be on a deserted island, I'll have to try new things out to live. It's about the first time, for anything. (The songs mostly about sex, but whatever)

7. "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" by Panic! At The Disco
-I mostly chose this song for the reaction that Mike would get for the song title... lmao. ANYWHO, this song cracks me up. It's a song about a song and dancing basically, it puts me in a good mood every-time I listen to it, I'm not sure why, it just does :P

8. "Boats and Birds" by Gregory and The Hawk
-This one is about being together, If you be my boat, I'll be your sea. Basically an "I'm always going to be there for you" song. And yeah, it's folk, which I don't really like, but this song is worth it.

9. "Sex And Love" by Faber Drive
-Okay, so this one, I don't know why, I love. It's all about how hard you work to get to know somebody, but the relationship just isn't right. Nothing's really right, and the person just keeps getting hurt by trying. But it's so CATCHY! And brings out a few great inside jokes

10. "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay
-Coldplay has been my favorite band since I was 10 I think, somewhere young, and this is my favorite song of theirs. It's all about how he used to be so great, so amazing, but now look what happened, he's a failure, there's nothing left, nothing left for him at all. He used to be the king, but now he's the peasant.

See that Mike? Not a SINGLE one liner
Turn-offs: Cross-dressing, leather, cheep

1. I support good grammar, so if you have it, don't "tlk lyk dis" (with unnecessary spelling error's), things like "brb" and "lol" are okay
2. I'm not a mistress looking for a slave. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jenna<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
pranadevil
Distinguished Member

Okay people... Episode one is here!

http://rapidshare.com/files/25311284...d_Discs_E1.mp3

Anyone without a rapidshare account just choose the free option, it's quick enough and a nice free service, so all is good .

Let me know what you think and any improvements you would like to see (well hear) etc.

And hopefully more people will post too!

Full Day Of Control Dare

Song Contest Thread

Kik is broken
Old 07-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #13
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

In no particular order.

1.Boys Like Girls - Heels Over Head
I like this song, it's one of those songs I found accindentally but I love it.

2.Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
Sounds crazy, but I love the message in this song. And I think it's a song full of attitude, good to sing.

3.Nick Jonas - Black Keys
I adore this song, not to mention Nick Jonas. He played the entire song on the black keys on the piano. To show sometimes life is better in black and white.

4.Jamiroquai - Seven Days In Sunny June
This song really makes me smile, no matter how I'm feeling. And I like the tune.

5.Play - Jennifer Lopez
This is an old one, but something about this song I really like. Maybe because it's easy to dance to.

6.Waking Up In Vegas - Katy Perry
Me and my best friend, this is kind off our song. Soon as we hit 18, we are going to Vegas.

7.Take Me On The Floor - The Veronicas
I love the Veronicas, a female singing duo. I always sing her songs with Charlotte. And this song is fantastic.

8.I'd Lie - Taylor Swift
I absolutely adore Taylor Swift, I think she's amazing. I didn't know what song of hers to choose for my list, but I'm going with this one. Because it's easy to relate to, as dopey as that sounds.

9.Heartbeat - Scouting for girls.
Because you've got to love a good British song. And I love this one, it's cute. And I love to sing harmony to it, as it isn't hard lol.

10.Weightless - All Time Low
I love the guitar to this song, in fact I love all the instruments. The voices, I just love it.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
D0M1N1C

Send a message via AIM to D0M1N1C

Uhh Pranadevil I don't belive you put one of my songs on your "playlist". Please put one of mine in your next episode.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
pranadevil
Distinguished Member

Yeah, if you'll notice the songs on the first episode came from only the first 2 users, I'm doing a couple of users at a time and moving onto the next, not "every" song will be used, just 4-5 from each person (though perhaps more, perhaps less, depends on how good the reasons are and the quality of the songs... and whether I can get hold of them).

Yours will be in Episode 2, unless I decide to make you wait for getting impatient .

Full Day Of Control Dare

Song Contest Thread

Kik is broken

Advertisements
Kink Talk