Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories > The Authors' Cafe

Old 11-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
getDare Sweetheart

Envelope Nanowrimo tutor, Looking for.

So I'm trying to get started on my nanowrimo story, and I'm already a shit ton of confused. I have neither written a story more than 2000 words myself, and I'm not expecting to reach the aim of 50k words of the Nanowrimo challenge, but I am looking for someone who can help me out and guide me through writing a short novel/story. I'm now about 1000 words in and I'm trying to plan out the progression of the rest of my story, using the urr... 3 act structure thing. Not looking for crazy detailed manuscripts either, just need to get my thoughts organized, and maybe help me see how to plot/plan/write the story easier. Is not helping plox. I just suck and planning out anything >_>

Would really like some help from experienced writers to guide me and encourage me through this. I'm neither expecting to finish anything this month, and my target word count goal is maybe... 20-30k words?

Thanks for reading and your consideration.

Kthxlulz.

p.s: I'm still struggling with the story xD not even 1k words in, sigh. Anyway, due to needing to save my post counts, if anyone read this and thinks they can help, please pm? I do read your posts here though :3 I'll try to reply in pm.

Hearts to all

Man, my penis is so big if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z

Ohhhhsnap.

Hello.
444 <3 Softeyes
and we're in a relationship.
So, advances towards softeyes would very much not be appreciated.
TQTQTQ

Last edited by 444; 11-06-2010 at 04:04 AM.
444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to 444 for this post:
Old 11-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
Reixonac

Man, I miss nano. uni steals all my time these days.

Now, point 1: 'I'm trying to plan out the progression of the rest of my story,' Stop it. let the story tell itself. Just go, right now, and write. the idea is to get quantity and sort it into quality later.

If you're worried about hitting target, then write about your experiences throughout november, that way anything you write elsewhere can be incorporated and this also tends to inspire a more... well, epic is the only real word to use here... a more epic lifestyle.

You end up logging every movement, every thought, everything you see, do, hear or say, etc etc, in order to use it in the novel. This then leads you to notice boring parts of your day, so you start filling them with a little bit of epic.

Feel free to PM me. I need like-minded people to chat to.

Last edited by Reixonac; 11-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Reixonac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:01 PM   #3
heishere
getDare Sweetheart

Okay, I'm a bit...a lot late on this thread, but here we go anyhow.

Write it.

It's true with everything, but especially in NaNo. Who gives a flying purple people eater if it's actually good, understandable, or coherent - that comes in the editing. Aside from that, every other tip is extraneous and useless, so far as I've seen - just write the bloody book. Period. Finito.

Behold! He is here!

Writer, editor, photographer, and mild coffee addict
heishere is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk