Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 07-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #16
oreo_is_back
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to oreo_is_back

It's the concept of following someone elses rules in YOUR relationship. I'm sorry but I think that is pretty wrong. It's the same as someone in the street coming up to you and saying 'Hey, your relationship sucks, please follow my rules.'
People can try to justufy these as much as they want, it's the same.
It's similar with homosexual relationships and another random person saying ' Hey you have to kneel down a certain way and suck my cock, otherwise it's not right.'
S&M is indeed different,but it is still a RELATIOSHIP, and in a relationship you should make your own rules(If there needs to be some) not follow other people's.
I think Merlin told me that a Master needs to take responsibility for his slave, these rules promote abuse in some senses. I.e. Branding or tattoo'ing. It may not seem serious, but a serious consequence may come from it. HIV for example,rare, but it COULD still happen.
How can a Master take responsibility for his slave if he's following someone elses rules? That's just a BIG contradiction.
In my oppinion it's just wrong. But that's just -my- oppinion.

Or is this where the POTC quote comes in; 'They are more like guide lines?'

Oh yes, a guideline to WORSHIP your Master's ass?For -EXAMPLE- To dress sluttish could result in rape or sexual abuse (Yes I know walking out your street could have you raped.) But wear a mini skirt, no panties, and a top without a bra is just like saying ' I'm open and up for it.'
A woman should have some pride at least. And the Master should see to it that his Slave has morals and Pride also a little dignity.

One more thing, yes some of these rules ARE agreeable, like the safe word,respect sense etc. But they ARE just common sense not rules.
Wait, ok, another thing. Considering we're discussing it in chat. If they are GUIDELINES, why not state them as such instead of putting '128 BASIC RULES'--This gives impression to the reader that they should know these 'Rules' That they should WORSHIP their Master.
For some religious people, like myself, that could be considered as blasphamie to worship a person. Not to mention his ass. These have been set out completely wrong and stated in the wrong way.

Last edited by oreo_is_back; 07-22-2008 at 07:10 PM.
oreo_is_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #17
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo_is_back View Post
It's the concept of following someone elses rules in YOUR relationship. I'm sorry but I think that is pretty wrong. It's the same as someone in the street coming up to you and saying 'Hey, your relationship sucks, please follow my rules.'
I have to agree that noone should take these rules 1 to 1 as their own rules, but the idea behind them is being an example, so to use your own idea... you go to another master asking him for help and he is saying what you could do...The point is there was never said that it all has to be like that... Of course there is the chance of new people seeing this and thinking it has to be like that but i don't think that is caused by the rules but by the hubris of some persons that think they don't have to think about what they do and are a good master because they copy some rules and ideas.
Quote:
[...]S&M is indeed different,but it is still a RELATIOSHIP, and in a relationship you should make your own rules(If there needs to be some) not follow other people's.
agreed! but the rules never said that someone has to follow them... they are examples. And even if i have to agree that a lot are way to specific or way to general it makes them maybe bad examples but no one said that they are guidelines you have to follow.
Quote:
I think Merlin told me that a Master needs to take responsibility for his slave,[...]
Yeah i really think that and i also see this as important!
Quote:
these rules promote abuse in some senses. I.e. Branding or tattoo'ing. It may not seem serious, but a serious consequence may come from it. HIV for example,rare, but it COULD still happen.
now we get to a complicated area ... what is abuse and what not. Like Chloé said if 2 people really agree to do something i don't see it as abuse. Even if it is something dangerous (and getting a tattoo is not that dangerous). The important part here is that both people need to be aware of the risk something involves. So is Asphyxia games (breath control) one of the most dangerous things you can do but still there are a lot people liking it and if both agree to it and both know that there is a chance that it can end deadly it is no abuse.
What i may have said is the following. A Master forcing his Slave to do something like that is abusing the slave and there is also an area where things get even more tricky, if the slave agrees to something because he thinks that he has to do it to please the master but in reality will have mental problems with it. What i say in this situation is that you as master have to stop your slave from harming himself just to please you and watch out for it. If you know about it and dont stop him it is also abuse.
Quote:
How can a Master take responsibility for his slave if he's following someone elses rules? That's just a BIG contradiction.
In my oppinion it's just wrong. But that's just -my- oppinion.
If he is copying them 1 by 1 without thinking of them he can't but that is not tha fault of the rules but of the so called Master...
Quote:
[...]One more thing, yes some of these rules ARE agreeable, like the safe word,respect sense etc. But they ARE just common sense not rules.
Now you are doing what you should with these rules... reflect them and see what fits and what not. And yes for me most of these rules are also not really usable or not even a rule at all. But again even bad examples are nothing but examples and for some people they may work.
Quote:
Wait, ok, another thing. Considering we're discussing it in chat. If they are GUIDELINES, why not state them as such instead of putting '128 BASIC RULES'--This gives impression to the reader that they should know these 'Rules' That they should WORSHIP their Master.[...]
As Chloé said the article is telling that they are not ... still setting them on a website as basic rules you have to know is really quiet silly but that would be the fault of the website and not of the master who wrote them.

And as final word were we all agree is that you should have your own rules and copying some rules from somewhere without thinking about it is just wrong, but you can take things like that (or better examples) as a place to get ideas...
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #18
oreo_is_back
getDare Sweetheart

These have been set out completely wrong and stated in the wrong way.

That's all I have to say.

And if people arn't to follow them one to one, or specifically they would be written as GUIDELINES, as I just previously stated. I never meant that you said that Chloe, I meant in general i.e. website, or the one whom named them as 'Rules'
. If they were guidelines (And i'm guessing they are) then they should put it more specifically.
Instead they put -RULES- Rules are to be followed, that's what makes them -RULES.- =)

Last edited by oreo_is_back; 07-22-2008 at 10:30 PM.
oreo_is_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #19
WelshGuy
MSN TorD Club Rep.

I know plenty of female slaves that have nearly all those rules give or take incorporated.. admittedly all relationships have to "tweak" it a bit.....

None of the rules to me spark anything new or crazy for bdsm in the slightest...but i know vast amount of people in bdsm for years now... if any thing them rules can be considered rather tame to some people i know.
WelshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:50 PM   #20
Night-1991
Account Banned

How do they make you lul exactly, they sound perfect in my opinion, oh and lul actually means cock so the correct way to spell it would be lol, not lul. idiot.
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:58 PM   #21
Bandit|Queen
getDare Sweetheart

I agree with what everyone has said that yes these are a lot of the time basic slave rules. The thing that I think has made people laugh is the wording. It does make it sound quite pompous and a bit like an official legal document.

Also a lot of these rules, in my relationship at least go un-said, they don't need to be written down etc. Also these rules are more complicated than a set of wedding vows. They could be condensed into about 50 rules maybe less, but meh clearly whoever wrote them wanted to be detailed.

Anyway I wouldn't have replyed to this as it is fairly old but.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-1991 View Post
How do they make you lul exactly, they sound perfect in my opinion, oh and lul actually means cock so the correct way to spell it would be lol, not lul. idiot.
Now I didn't know it meant cock. However watch your mouth young man, be nice to other users when disagreeing with their opinion otherwise I will have to get the soap and water out

Love you my smooch!
Bandit|Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #22
futuremafiaman

Send a message via AIM to futuremafiaman Send a message via MSN to futuremafiaman

Haha I don't know if whoever wrote this was serious or not but either way I love this post it really made me laugh reading through those rules even though I found some of them utterly repulsive...

Quote:
88. If i am required to be my Master's toilet, into or onto which He chooses to release the watery juices of His cock, i shall position myself to receive His personal waters by kneeling for Him, tilting my head back, opening my cunt wide, and closing my eyes so that He will delight in the display and offering of my body and of one of my orifices for Him choose upon which one to use. i shall remain still as He releases Himself, swallowing what i can of the waters He allows me. i shall play with myself during the release, as is instructed by Him, so that i am permitted to sexualize the experience as much as possible for His pleasure, thanking Him afterwards for allowing me the opportunity to honor Him in this most private way.
And some of these sound oddly like bible verses...

Quote:
46. i fear no other power for my Master is always with me.
that sounds just like Psalm 23:

Quote:
"I will fear no Evil, for You are with me"

Last edited by futuremafiaman; 09-21-2008 at 02:03 PM.
futuremafiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:31 AM   #23
Bandit|Queen
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremafiaman View Post
Haha I don't know if whoever wrote this was serious or not but either way I love this post it really made me laugh reading through those rules even though I found some of them utterly repulsive...
Maybe you should read the other users comments then you could figure out if it was a joke or not. I dare you to read the posts before posting yourself

Love you my smooch!
Bandit|Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 AM   #24
Night-1991
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempered_sugar View Post
Anyway I wouldn't have replyed to this as it is fairly old but.........

Now I didn't know it meant cock. However watch your mouth young man, be nice to other users when disagreeing with their opinion otherwise I will have to get the soap and water out
I was being nice, i just stated a point, it's 'lol' always has been, always will be.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:10 AM   #25
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

i often refer women wanting training to read this, they are not adopted but its a good read.

they may be someones rules, i wouldent be surprized it they were. she may be liveing with this contract.

and about people used as a bathroom, well it happens fokes. golden and brown showers, pee drinking, pee enemas, enemas, slaves toung used as toilet paper. these things all happen.

there are submissives that want to be hit, not just a simple whip, but beaten and brused. they are not praticulary happy unless they are beaten down, "raped", and even cut. its not abuse if she wants it.

(i use she because i am hetro, and these were past submissives)
MasterPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:40 AM   #26
Night-1991
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPain View Post
i often refer women wanting training to read this, they are not adopted but its a good read.

they may be someones rules, i wouldent be surprized it they were. she may be liveing with this contract.

and about people used as a bathroom, well it happens fokes. golden and brown showers, pee drinking, pee enemas, enemas, slaves toung used as toilet paper. these things all happen.

there are submissives that want to be hit, not just a simple whip, but beaten and brused. they are not praticulary happy unless they are beaten down, "raped", and even cut. its not abuse if she wants it.

(i use she because i am hetro, and these were past submissives)

There is only a few things about these rules i don't like, and it's what you just stated, the bathroom thing.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #27
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

then that is a limit to be respected
MasterPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:37 AM   #28
oreo_is_back
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-1991 View Post
I was being nice, i just stated a point, it's 'lol' always has been, always will be.
Then your point is invalid. Shows how much you know things. <---That's stating a point minus the insult.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:07 AM   #29
TheLittleStrawberry
getDare Devil

Meh.. i really dont see what the big deal is here either. THose are just rules, that many many subs in this world follow. Some guy just decided to put a list together of what HE finds essential in a D(s relationship. No one forced anyone to follow all of them exactly, and I'm pretty sure this should serve only as an inspiration sources.

I worship my Master... he worships me too...
But He is always the ultimate force in our relationship, and in the end, it's his word that matters. And that's the only way I'd want it...

Also, I have a few disturbing and twisted desires of my own.. Most of this list is nothing compared to what I want lol. I also don't care what people's opinion is on it.

Also I think it's really closeminded to make fun of rules, that other people hold dear. No one is more or less real depending on how they run their relationship... The only realy people here are the ones who stay true to themselves, and follow their own path or.. their Master's of course, and don't care about those who look down upon them.

Im doing dares again If you wanna send one, you can PM me, but I'll probably hang around the dare threads as well.

Limits: I wont ingest anything nasty, Nothing messy that will ruin my furniture or belongings, nothing public, nothing illegal.

most humiliating dare:
I was dared not to remove my panties at all for a few days. Not even for bathroom duties, and to cut a little hole for 'nr 2' as I couldnt remove them . It was strange.
TheLittleStrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #30
oreo_is_back
getDare Sweetheart

It's not the -rules- in general. Not as such, it's how they're put, it's how they're followed. And 'close minded' to put them -AS- rules (Guidelines,then maybe. I could say them as such). It is a -relationship.- Rules of ones own choice Or both in this aspect) Should either be made on both occupents accounts or non at all, like any,'basic' relationship.

Advertisements
Kink Talk