Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Kink and Education

Old 05-01-2020, 10:42 PM   #1
wonderfulboobs

Default Temporary Play Piercings

Does anyone have any tips for going about play piercings safely? I want to experiment with piercing my nipples for a bit then removing them. Obviously the needles should be sanitized beforehand but is there anything else I should know? Does it need to be a certain kind of needle like acupuncture or would sewing needles work?
20/1683 Edges Completed
wonderfulboobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:57 PM   #2
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

You wont like my answer , but i would advice against it.

If you do such a thing you should know what you are doing. Or have at least someone with you that does.
You want to use medical sterile needles! you want to make sure everything is sterilized. Even then there is always a chance of infection as you wont be able to do it in a sterile room.
Also keep in mind that it can cause permanent damage , especially if you just do it without knowing what you do.
If you hit the wrong nerve this may cause permanent lose of feeling in the nipple.
This is really not the kind of play you should do on your own unless you know how to to begin with.

Last edited by Merlin; 05-01-2020 at 11:00 PM.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:40 PM   #3
amethyst353
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfulboobs View Post
Does anyone have any tips for going about play piercings safely?
There is no way to play with piercings "safely," there is only doing it in a way that minimizes risk.

I will second Merlin's recommendation of using proper piercing needles and I would also add that your nipples should not be where you start. Practice on a place that will be easier to heal and is less risky like your thigh.

loves: humiliation, gags, bodywriting, bondage, games
limits: pics with face, messing with sleep, public, heavy blackmail, videos, permanent, scat, extreme pain Note: I transitioned years ago - wearing women's clothes isn't a dare. If you give me a sissy-themed dare, I will ignore you.

Full likes/limits | Toys/Items I Own | PM Dares (friends only for a bit) | My current rules
amethyst353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:38 AM   #4
wonderfulboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
You wont like my answer , but i would advice against it.

If you do such a thing you should know what you are doing. Or have at least someone with you that does.
You want to use medical sterile needles! you want to make sure everything is sterilized. Even then there is always a chance of infection as you wont be able to do it in a sterile room.
Also keep in mind that it can cause permanent damage , especially if you just do it without knowing what you do.
If you hit the wrong nerve this may cause permanent lose of feeling in the nipple.
This is really not the kind of play you should do on your own unless you know how to to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amethyst353 View Post
There is no way to play with piercings "safely," there is only doing it in a way that minimizes risk.

I will second Merlin's recommendation of using proper piercing needles and I would also add that your nipples should not be where you start. Practice on a place that will be easier to heal and is less risky like your thigh.
Thanks for the input I really appreciate it! It seems I underestimated this. I had assumed based on what I’d seen that it could be done relatively easily as long as everything was sanitized. Very glad I asked about this first.

Would tack bras be a safe subsitute? Not to actually pierce the skin but to copy the sensation?
20/1683 Edges Completed
wonderfulboobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:48 AM   #5
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

A tack bra is a lot safer for sure, they can cause scratches, that is way more doable safely for sure.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:54 AM   #6
amethyst353
getDare Sweetheart

If you are specifically looking for nipple play, I think clamps would give a sensation closer to piercing than a tack bra.

If you are just looking for a piercing sensation anywhere on the body, I wasn't trying to get you to shy away from it, just get into it with a proper amount of caution. But I do know a fair amount of people with nipple piercings and a significant number of people (but not all) say that it was a bitch to let heal - like many months, which is why I think you should shy away from it until you are more experienced in that kind of play.

loves: humiliation, gags, bodywriting, bondage, games
limits: pics with face, messing with sleep, public, heavy blackmail, videos, permanent, scat, extreme pain Note: I transitioned years ago - wearing women's clothes isn't a dare. If you give me a sissy-themed dare, I will ignore you.

Full likes/limits | Toys/Items I Own | PM Dares (friends only for a bit) | My current rules
amethyst353 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
nipple pain, nipple piercing, piercing