Old 07-17-2022, 01:39 PM   #1
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Flag Blue Signature limitations

Hi there!

The last few times when I tried to update my signature, I am really getting to the limit. It seems that the signature cannot be longer than 1000 characters, OR (this is quite a deal breaker) 500 characters, not including markup code (but new lines counts as 2 characters, and smilies count full, e.g. the smilie is already 10 characters (2% of the allowance already), while this smilie is only 2 characters).

I don't see why there is a limit for markup code (as this does not increase the signatures length, mainly it limits, how many links you can use in your signature, since links take a lot of characters). But I certainly see, that there has to be some limitation for the signature, otherwise it would get longer than the original post for some people.

Now, I like to have my full likes and limits (and also part of my toys) in the signature, and if possible as detailed and accurate as possible. This is important for a lot of occasions (e.g. when you request a dare in a person above thread, in any thread in the TORD section, or in threads where people design dares for you). I have the impression, nobody reads the likes and limits blog post (even if there is a link in the signature), but the likes and limits in the signature usually are respected. I actually managed to squeeze all my likes and limits in. But if I figure out another like or limit - bad luck.

To achieve this (I think I am now at around 498 characters), I already had to delete a short 6 word sentence, and also I had to get rid of a link (2 words and a small picture). I would love to add those back, but with the current limitations, it is not possible.

I think my signature is already pretty compact (even more, when I would delete the new lines, which I added recently). Adding back one sentence, three smilies and another link would not really increase the size of my signature. But I would need at least (estimated) another 100 or 200 characters. When I read the forum, I also get the impression there are a lot of signaturs, which take a lot more space than mine, but do this with less characters actually. So, would it not be possible to increase those limits? E.g. the plain text character limit to 1000 or 2000, and remove the limit including markup code (or increase it to 5000). I think, having links in the signature is a good thing, and it doesn't take any inch more. I also think, when I joined getdare (that's quite a few years back), there wasn't such a limitation. I used to have a quite colourful signature, which is now not possible as well (different colours for different letters take quite a big amount of markup characters, especially if you try to colour each character of a word individually, to make it look like a rainbow).

Do other geddarians face this problem as well, and would there be a chance to evaluate the limits again, to be a bit more user friendly?

I would appreciate your thoughts and answers!

Be careful: Long Term, Denial/forced Orgasm, Cum Eating, Poo, Heavy Pain, Rules, Bladder Control

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Non-Consensual, Public, Shaving, Sissification, Time Wasting

Toys: Ropes, Whips, Clothpins, Plugs, ...

Manarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 01:56 PM   #2
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Oh, I just see: Would me thread fit more in the Suggestion Zone? Didn't notice this subforum yet, to be honest.

Be careful: Long Term, Denial/forced Orgasm, Cum Eating, Poo, Heavy Pain, Rules, Bladder Control

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Non-Consensual, Public, Shaving, Sissification, Time Wasting

Old 07-17-2022, 03:24 PM   #3
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

I don't have the power to change the signature character limit. However, if you pm me with what you want your signature to be (the whole thing including mark up), I can edit it in the admin portal and that will allow more characters.

I have also faced the problem in the past so I understand.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 03:25 PM   #4
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Also the limit has been here as long as I have.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 07-17-2022, 03:26 PM   #5
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Another suggestion is to add your likes/limits ad a signature photo? Then link the full version underneath

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 07-17-2022, 03:36 PM   #6
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Also the limit has been here as long as I have.
Ok. Then it is probably due to my likes and limits list, that increased during my time here^^

Quote:
Another suggestion is to add your likes/limits ad a signature photo? Then link the full version underneath
Haha, good idea Cheating the character limit by including it as a picture. But is this really the way the forum intends us to go? I would consider it, if there were no problems with display (might look ugly if you view it on different devices, browsers, or if you zoom in and out of the page, since the text in the picture won't change with it).

Would it not be possible to be a bit more generous with characters instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
I don't have the power to change the signature character limit. However, if you pm me with what you want your signature to be (the whole thing including mark up), I can edit it in the admin portal and that will allow more characters.

I have also faced the problem in the past so I understand.
Wow, this is a very generous offer! Thank you, Butterfly However currently I am changing the signature quite often. Tweaking a little here, changing the wording there. That would not be possible any more, after you changed it (or I would need to reduce again). Also, I don't like the idea too much to be dependent on you for changing the signature. Is it not in your power to request an increase of the limits to a more reasonable level?

Old 07-17-2022, 04:03 PM   #7
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

As I said, as an admin I do not have the power to change the character limit.

So really those were my only suggestions at this time.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys