Old 04-30-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

Band-Aid STI and Other Safer Sex Q's

Not sure if this has been asked but I find it an obvious-ass question given the sites' focus.

- Would you get tested for STIs/present proof of your current STI status prior to having sex if your partner requested it? (Or, have you done this?)

- Does your attitude about it change if the person asking is a sub vs. a Dom?

- Do you require up-to-date STI statuses on your partners before having sex with them?

- Are there other safety precautions you find necessary before engaging in BDSM sex (e.g. making sure a rope rigger has had adequate training before tying you up, going over safe regions for spanking, going over past medical history etc.)?

- If you haven't thought of these things before, do you think you will start taking more safety precautions in the future?

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpuds View Post
Not sure if this has been asked but I find it an obvious-ass question given the sites' focus.

- Would you get tested for STIs/present proof of your current STI status prior to having sex if your partner requested it? (Or, have you done this?)

Absolutely. Bratling takes her health seriously, it's only fair to respect her partner doing the same for theirs.

Not in the slightest.

- Do you require up-to-date STI statuses on your partners before having sex with them?
No, but Bratling is careful and always uses condoms. She would ask about it and discuss if she knew someone had had an STI prior though.

- Are there other safety precautions you find necessary before engaging in BDSM sex (e.g. making sure a rope rigger has had adequate training before tying you up, going over safe regions for spanking, going over past medical history etc.)?
More mental than physical for Bratling. Bratling's partners have to be aware of specific words/actions that will trigger childhood abuse memories. And as she is exclusive to AM, she trusts him entirely with safety procedures. If it was a new partner, Bratling would be much more specific both physically and mentally.
Get a rule from me here.

NOTlooking for a dom/sub or to play a game, exchange dares, pictures etc!
IceMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:00 PM   #3
kurious kat
getDare's Kinkiest Kitty

Yes. I'd care about the well-being of my partner, including their peace of mind, so I would get more recent testing if they wanted to see it. It's important to remember that not all STIs may be tested for in a "basic panel" due to being more difficult to detect and minimally dangerous (like herpes) or overly rare in your area (like syphilis), even if your partner does get regular testing, so seeing exactly what was tested can be helpful too.

No. My partner's health matters. Period.

I always start a discussion beforehand about sexual health and risk factors. I haven't yet asked directly for paperwork on it, but I also discuss that I require condom use, which provides protection against most (although not all!) STI transmission. Many infections can be asymptomatic, and even well-meaning, honest people may not realize they're a carrier unless they've been tested up to 6 months after an encounter with any partner, so condoms just make sense.

I won't do bondage until I have a good feel for my partner, because once tied up you can't walk away. I also take responsibility for communicating trouble signs during a scene (like "OW! That's too much!" or "My pinky finger feels tingly, we need to check that arm"). If they do something I think might pose a danger, I ask about it immediately, and if they aren't responsive, the scene gets stopped altogether as soon as possible.

- If you haven't thought of these things before, do you think you will start taking more safety precautions in the future?
There's always room to develop better habits, and a good partner should find caring for your health and safety worthwhile even if it means briefly postponing certain activities.
kurious kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #4
foxknot69
getDare Devil

Yes I would.

No, safety is safety. Period.

I haven't had one before, but...I would, yes. Especially if they're sexually active before dating/meeting/fucking me.

Communication. Talking. Does that count?

It's not a problem for me really with online stuff, but I will definitely be safe IRL.

Remaining PM Tasks
Edges Before Orgasm: 0
Wedgie Time: 0 minutes
Ball Slaps: 0
Spanks: 0
Days of Denial: 0

foxknot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:14 AM   #5
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

- Would you get tested for STIs/present proof of your current STI status prior to having sex if your partner requested it? (Or, have you done this?) I would

- Does your attitude about it change if the person asking is a sub vs. a Dom?no

- Do you require up-to-date STI statuses on your partners before having sex with them? no

- Are there other safety precautions you find necessary before engaging in BDSM sex (e.g. making sure a rope rigger has had adequate training before tying you up, going over safe regions for spanking, going over past medical history etc.)? safety is main concern. if they know they have an sti, they should notify prior to play or sexual interaction

- If you haven't thought of these things before, do you think you will start taking more safety precautions in the future? already do

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Kisune Karnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #6
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

Quote:

yes - i get tested yearly anyway so i've got no problem with it.

nope, i think you have the right to feel safe no mattr your orientation.

yup (:.

not really, i just ask a million questions so i feel i have as much information as i need.

i think of all these things already.

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:22 AM   #7
rhode64
getDare Patriot

Send a message via AIM to rhode64 Send a message via MSN to rhode64 Send a message via Yahoo to rhode64
Default me

[QUOTE=iSpuds;2768721]Not sure if this has been asked but I find it an obvious-ass question given the sites' focus.

Yes I would but never been asked to .
No
Nowadays yes
- Are there other safety precautions you find necessary before engaging in BDSM sex (e.g. making sure a rope rigger has had adequate training before tying you up, going over safe regions for spanking, going over past medical history etc.)? Yes

I always consider safety first .
rhode64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:45 PM   #8
cieirn
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:

"Do you require up-to-date STI statuses on your partners before having sex with them?"

Yes. I want current information of my "to be" partners. If they haven't been active lately and recently been tested and exclusive to me, then lets have some raw fun. If not, wrap that shit up until you are exclusive and proven to me. Else lets have some crazy protected fun...

likes: pics (no face), tasks w/pics, body writing, sph, humiliation, chastity, anal, underwear, ice
dislikes: spanking, light cbt, pee, begging
limits: face, blackmail, public, crossdressing, bladder control, social suicide, diapers, scat, findom

Do you have my pics? Send them to me with a degrading caption and share it
I consent to being baited
cieirn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk