Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 07-05-2020, 05:26 PM   #1
Magnetic
Account Banned

Magnet Question about getDare's search box

I got two questions for you, getDare people. When searching through the getDare's forums:
  1. Is it possible to look for a complex keyword that is built in such a way that it requires all terms included? Such as "Magnetic AND control". The default is searching for "Magnetic OR control" which always turns out lots of garbage.
  2. Assuming such an answer to be yes, is it possible to include common terms in the search? Such terms will no longer be common, if they are required to be present at the same time as another term, specially if it is not common. Such as "Magnetic AND kik"
  3. It would also be nice if there was a form to avoid the operators altogether and sear for an exact phrase in the title or all the post, just like there is in usernames. For example: "Magnetic in control".
Thank you for your thoughtful replies.

Dare Rules, they apply to all the dares I give unless I specifically excuse you from them.

Did I tell you should be Going Commando? This is what I meant! Why all these rules?

Spank Generator (its thread is here)

Email: [email protected]
Kik: magnetic.king
Magnetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:50 PM   #2
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

No, to my knowledge, there is no way to do this. It is an outdated system.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:33 PM   #3
Magnetic
Account Banned

Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
No, to my knowledge, there is no way to do this. It is an outdated system.
Thanks anyway, Butterfly.

Dare Rules, they apply to all the dares I give unless I specifically excuse you from them.

Did I tell you should be Going Commando? This is what I meant! Why all these rules?

Spank Generator (its thread is here)

Email: [email protected]
Kik: magnetic.king
Magnetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:26 AM   #4
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

(1) Yes, (2) no and (3) kinda yes.
  1. The syntax of your example Magnetic AND control is correct. You can use the logical operators AND, OR and NOT.
    • AND: Magnetic AND control or Magnetic control. The results include both keywords on either side of the AND operator.
    • OR: Magnetic OR control. The results include one or both keywords on either side of the OR operator. The OR operator overrules the AND operator in case these operators share any same keyword.
    • NOT: Magnetic NOT control or Magnetic -control. The results exclude the word behind the NOT operator.
    • Wildcard (asterisk *): magnetic AND control*. The wildcard will be replaced with any character or no character.
    • Here's an example of how the query will be read by the search engine.
      • magnetic AND kink OR bondage NOT public
      • include magnetic, include kink or bondage, exclude public
      • magnetic, kink OR bondage, -public.
    • Another example with wildcards.
      • magnetic AND ki*k*
      • include magnetic, include kink/ kinks/ kinky/ kinktalk/ kick/ kink-stuff/ etc. (but not kik)
      • magnetic, ki*k*

2. I haven't found a way to bypass the restrictions of (1) the minimum of 4 letters and (2) exclusion of common words. You can use a wildcard (e.g. ki*k*) but this will not return posts with the word kik. The same applies for common words.
    1. I suspect this restriction is in place to easily filter the logical operators from the query because all operators have 3 or fewer letters.
    2. This restriction is probably in place to exclude worthless results in certain cases, such as with the query wil*. This will give results containing e.g. wild, willing and willingly, but not will (= common word).

3. I believe this function exists but is turned off in the past to avoid errors, so I've read on the vB forums. You can use Google instead for exact phrases by using the syntax: site:getdare.com "magnetic in control". The downside of using Google is that it takes time for Google to cache getDare's webpages. Depending on the activity on the page, it can take minutes, hours, days or even weeks before a crawl bot visits the web page. In getDare's case, think in days or weeks.
The search engine does contain some errors and inconsistencies of which one is converting AND to OR in certain situations. I'm unsure what causes this bug but even if the root cause is found, it won't be patched anyway. So there's no reason to analyse this problem. If this happens with your search queries, reload the search engine page.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 07-09-2020 at 11:33 AM.
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help solve this