Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Kink and Education > getDare Playground

Old 05-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #1
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Default Age Play vs. Being a little

Definitions and labels can be both helpful and tricky. Knowing what something means and labeling it, can give you a great starting place for exploring or understanding something. However, different people interpret things differently. What a label means to me, can be completely different compared to what it means to you. It gets even trickier when two labels can be so similarly intertwined.

I know that age play is different from being a little. I know that a lot of people agree with me, but I also know that there are some people who either disagree, or don't realize that there is a difference.

Here is what I think each term means, and what makes the difference between the two:

Age Play
Age play is a role play scenario where one or more partner acts an age that is not their own. I think one of the most common would be toddler/children but there are also age players who play the role of a teenager or even an elder.

Being a Little
Being a little is not something that is acted out; it is a part of who you are. Somebody who is little has a "small" side of the personality. They like childish things and sometimes go into a place commonly referred to as little space where they regress.

The differences
*Being a little is more about expressing childlike feelings, whereas age playing is about acting a certain age.
*Age players are choosing an age to play and therefore they can tell you exactly how old they are choosing to be, whereas a little may not be able to tell you how old they are because their little space could span a whole range of ages.
*Age players have an easier time transitioning from their role back into their normal head space, they can switch easily back and forth. Littles can sometimes struggle with this transition because being little is always a part of who they are. They can't just turn it off and on like a switch.

Combining the two
A lot of the time, littles will engage in age play in order to help induce little space, or to help foster a safe little environment. Littles male great age players. The two can be combined, and there isn't always a clear line between the two.

Those are my definitions. Do the two terms mean something different to you? I would love to hear how you distinguish between the two. Are you a little? Do you like to age play? or do you combine the two?

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Old 07-31-2018, 07:13 AM   #2
poetrylover828
getDare Sweetheart

I wasn't sure the best spot to ask this and I didn't want to start a new topic. But do you have any reading recommendations for learning more about being a little or age play? I'm not sure the best place to just read about it and thought some of you might have insight for it.

Limits: anal, piss, scat, video, pics, permanent damage

Don’t send me messages asking to help with your dare or help you shop. If I want to take parts in dares I will. If you need someone to pick out the things you are buying then you don’t need to being doing dares.

I'm not looking for a partner.
poetrylover828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:31 PM   #3
Master.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Those are my definitions. Do the two terms mean something different to you? I would love to hear how you distinguish between the two. Are you a little? Do you like to age play? or do you combine the two?
Personally I would agree with you completely. The only thing I would add is that for littles it is a mental regression. It is something that is a part of their inner core and is not something that necessarily has anything to do with something sexual. For a little it is more like regressing back to a time of being a particular age, and that age may change between each time or even in that time. While not all littles experience this, some do, of where it is almost a separate personality for them from who they are in normal times. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is more psychological for them than just "Hey I'm horny, let's do a scene where I'm such and such age." They live it and a part of them believes they are actually that age. That is where the non-sexual parts come in. For a little to have a safe space, they need time to open that part up and develop it. A little doesn't get off on acting that age, and a caregiver (Daddy/Mommy/etc) doesn't get off on seeing their little at that age. Sure they may both incorporate sexual acts or activities, but it is not a requirement. Whereas with age play, it is a sexual act from start to finish. There is a definite aspect of where both participants get off from it. Additionally for a little to come back to their actual chronological age, it is not always an easy switch to flip, the same goes for the caregiver to come back from that role to one that does not need to provide that level of care at all times.. It too takes time and can be mentally and physically draining for some; whereas for an ageplayer it is something that goes on and off as fast as a light switch. There was a time where I was involved as a caregiver and it was not uncommon for us to lay or sit next to each other for an hour or more just holding, caressing, and coming back from the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetrylover828 View Post
I wasn't sure the best spot to ask this and I didn't want to start a new topic. But do you have any reading recommendations for learning more about being a little or age play? I'm not sure the best place to just read about it and thought some of you might have insight for it.
There are some books available on it, but really who wants to buy those. Most of the truly good information comes from people like Butterfly and Mr. Devious who are actually involved in it. There are a lot of forums and blogs dedicated to the two out there ran by people who are either involved currently or have been involved in it. I would personally recommend that you read the threads in this particular forum as there is a lot of good information and then you can also google each term as well as both with a vs and read the sites that are by actual littles or those who engage in ageplay.

Questions or just want to talk or need a mentor (very important) please feel free to contact me on here anytime. If you prefer skype/kik let me know and we can work something out, I do use both.

BDSM Test
Master.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Master P that was wonderfully said. Thank you for your input.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:09 AM   #5
Babygirlpoopdiaper
getDare Sweetheart

Thank you I can show my friends

Trapped in diapers till: 01/15/2024 + however many days Patient00765 ends up locked in diapers”

I want my diaper full ALWAYS
♥I am a Little
Always call me Baby

Diaper time, 01/15/2024, as of August 7, 2023
Stuck in diaper only pathetic baby are put back in diaper according to my mistress silver
Babygirlpoopdiaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk