Old 06-04-2018, 09:14 AM   #1
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

Default How to come out as a little?

Do you think you might be a little but you're not sure how to tell people?
Do you know you are a little but you're not sure how to tell people?

I get it, it can be scary. What if you're judged or people think you're strange or weird? Well...so what? We're all weird in some way here! And anyone who abandons you for sharing a part of yourself isn't someone worth knowing anyway.

But Icey, what if my partner freaks out?
That's okay! Talk to them and reassure them. They might not understand it but as long as they are willing to try to, then who knows where it could lead? I'm not saying they will suddenly become super invested in DDLG, (I will be using the DDLG abbreviation but it applies to everyone.) heck, they might have no interest in at all. But...isn't that where you're at already anyway? So what have you got to lose? If they are categorically not into it even after trying, no harm done. At least they tried for you and as long as they don't try and suppress that part of you then it's not the end of the world. We all have one or several kinks we aren't interested in or just don't get.

What if I freak out?! I don't know how to handle this part of me!
That's okay too! It's natural to be anxious or nervous or scared when exploring new kinks, especially for the first time. Even more so if you're exploring alone. Take your time and learn what you can, talk to other littles and caregivers - the majority of them are more than willing to answer any questions you have and will be happy to help.

I'm ready to tell my partner but I don't know how?!
It's probably not the best idea to go diving head first in and suddenly scream "hey daddy when are you going to get me a bunch of stuffies!!" at your partner. Your partner might go into cardiac arrest if handled that way. Instead, communicate with them. That's right, communication. Being involved in D/s you should already know that is one of the biggest points in your relationship. Raise the issue with them, tell them what things appeal to you and why, ask what they think of it and if they would be willing to try with you. If they are, start off slowly. Even something as simple as being given a bedtime can come under DDLG rules. Check in constantly with each other on how you're both feeling and work together to make it go smoothly.

But Icey, I don't like Disney or glitter or stuffies! I only like a few things of all the things I see other little's mention. Does this mean I'm not really a little?
No! You don't have to like everything. Who likes everything, anyway? If you like one out of ten things that most little's like, that's okay. If you like all ten, that's okay too. Not liking the expected things doesn't mean you're not a little. If you identify yourself as a little, then you are a little. You can like and dislike whatever things you want to, being a little is just simply a part of who you are.

Okay but...I was told it was gross last time I brought it up. Isn't it like incest/pedopheila?
Absolutely not! There is a major difference between two consenting adults and an actual minor. Your partner isn't your real biological parent. DDLG focuses on a nurturing and protective environment between the caregiver and the little. It allows the little to be who they are without fear of judgement. The little has childlike qualities but that doesn't make them an actual child. I of course can't speak for everyone, but one of my many loves about being little is feeling respected, cared for, treasured, valued, safe, spoiled, looked after. What's wrong with any of that? Nothing.

Get a rule from me here.

NOTlooking for a dom/sub or to play a game, exchange dares, pictures etc!

Last edited by IceMaiden; 06-04-2018 at 09:40 AM.
IceMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to IceMaiden for this post:
Old 07-30-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
Master.P

Very good post, I won't go into details, but let's say someone who is very close to me is a little. Honestly it's not me, but this describes a perfect way to come out to those of us who have no problems with littles. What I would add is that remember, even if your partner has never tried being a caregiver or with a little, and doesn't seem to have any desire to, all of us that do, started off having never tried it. I can honestly say that I have never met a "Daddy/Mommy" that was not a little apprehensive about it at first either.

We are all a little scared to try new things, especially when it is a variation of a kink, but let's be honest, isn't that part of the thrill and fun? I know it always is for me.

Anyways bravo IceMaiden for your post, and I believe that it has the real potential to help many that would like to be in this type of a relationship (even if only part time) to find out how to address it with their partners. Also the same information can be applied if you are on the opposite end of the spectrum and aren't sure how to address your kink with your partner. Just talk to them, and for both sides also don't be afraid to do your research into it ahead of time, and to list/explain some of the benefits to both sides to your partners when discussing it with them. Let's be honest, at least in every ADB relationship I have been in, there is always a benefit and joy to both partners.
Master.P is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk