Limits: Family and friends, Blood, Scat, Public, Illegal, Pics/webcam, Sex,
Last orgasm:20th December 2019
Orgasm Log:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?u=144520
Ishaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

I personally do not think that a ruin counts as an orgasm when talking about denial etc. However, it really depends on the person and what they feel is considered an orgasm.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
kurious kat
getDare's Kinkiest Kitty

As gD's self-proclaimed Queen of the Ruins, I'd argue that ruins have an effect that is distinct from either edging or a proper orgasm.

Edging:
  • Leaves you flooded with desire and eager for more.
  • For both genders, ongoing edging tends to lead to strong, unanticipated bursts of arousal from even very light stimulation.
  • It can disrupt rest (waking up too horny to get back to sleep), and build frustration (causing grumpiness or impaired judgement) when done long-term.
  • For many women, constant edging may eventually lead to decreased sexual interest after a period of weeks or months, although this effect appears less common among men.

Orgasms:
  • Leave you relaxed and flooded with pleasure.
  • They can encourage rest, and relieve frustration.
  • They also tend to reduce your taste for sexual riskiness for the near future, causing a sort of sensual reset that removes the appeal of pushing boundaries.

Ruined orgasms:
  • May take the edge off in terms of insomnia, but retain that sense of desperate need.
  • They still encourage adventurousness, as the near-orgasm just dribbles away without providing the anticipated relief.
  • Many people are able to have multiple ruined orgasms before running dry, depending on the individual and the method used.
  • When finished, emotional downswings are common.
  • For either gender, a ruined orgasm will not usually relieve horniness (or does so only minimally), so they can still be easily aroused and remain eager to please at the next opportunity.

Whether a ruined orgasm counts as an orgasm is largely context-dependent, and should probably be determined by the people involved. For denial, ruined orgasms are often seen as a body reset without allowing for a mental reset. In other contexts, they may be seen as orgasms that just happened to suck.
kurious kat is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 7 users say Thank You to kurious kat for this post:
Old 02-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #4
monkey-slave

I have received quite a few of these in my time. they take the edge off the frustration a bit but leave me still feeling very horny again soon after.
Kurious Kat is right, they are like a reset for the body but not a mental reset.
monkey-slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #5
Ishaa

That was a very well written answer Kurious Kat, it really helped to answer my question, thank you
Limits: Family and friends, Blood, Scat, Public, Illegal, Pics/webcam, Sex,
Last orgasm:20th December 2019
Orgasm Log:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?u=144520
Ishaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #6
pixie.dust
Precious Gem

I have had ruins before and don't personally see them as counting as an orgasm. An orgasm to me is something that brings pleasure and then complete satisfaction. This doesn't happen with a ruined orgasm (I know the orgasm word is in that).

This is my opinion on the matter.

- little alexis

Likes || Limits!

Currently owned by Daddy Komodo Jones
pixie.dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:01 PM   #7
darkblue
getDare Sweetheart

I had a 5 weeks denial phase last year, and have to confess, as a male, that a ruined orgasm is able to decrease the pressure inside the balls, and thus at least some of the need to cum.
It may be different between women and men, who could tell. But men feel the need to ejaculate their amount of sperm to feel satisfied, women don't. This may be an important difference, because even a ruined orgasm brings some relieve for men, as they can ejaculate, just a bit painful.
Nevertheless, I loved this period, and would really like to try it again, without ruined orgasms.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:23 PM   #8
KittyAydy
Masokitty Princess

As gD's self-proclaimed Princess of the No Ruins Cause They Suck, I'd argue that ruins definitely don't count as orgasms. They are awful and they make me feel awful (apart from a few times with a lot of care and attention). Yes they do help with that yucky ball ache as Darkblue said but you know what else does it better a real orgasm, might as well have one of them boo denial anyway.

Likes: pet play, sissy, pain, anal, pee, spit, cbt, edging/teasing, bondage, body writing, ice, cum, spanking, messy (can't do much), hugs
Possibly limits: mild semi public, pics, eating, buying, denial.
Limits: public, blood, real harm, needles, permanent, illegal, scat, unreasonable.

Recovering from a lot of medical junk (cancer) and trying to get back into this site with you awesome people! Feel free to pm me.

My toy collection
KittyAydy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk