Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Thepainvain

Rainbow Cloud Atlas and Transsexuals and Zombies!!!

So, via yahoo I stumbled upon this:

Clicky for original news post
Clicky for movie of awesome meeting of awesome people

Three directors talking about a movie they make, which sounds pretty wobbling awesome.

Here you can find information on the book it's based on, also called Cloud Atlas:
Clicky for Cloud Atlas on Wikipedia

Now, as you may have noticed, one of the directors is a transsexual. (Which of course, had to be yahoo's headline. )

It's Lana Wachowski, formerly Larry Wachowski and part of The Wachowski Brothers (Siblings? Now? Confusion!)

Sadly, looking through the comments I saw an awful lot of bashing. People saying various gross and mean things, amongst others you could see:

"Who is that funny looking man in the middle?"
"There is no she in this video. Sorry"
"The fuck is that thing in the center? It's fucking hideous."
"GROSS!"

And worst of all:

"I can't stand trannies. They should all be killed."

Which got 4 likes untill now. Four likes! Four people agreeing that humanity should kill all transsexuals...

It makes me sad. Just sad....

So, without further blah from my side, I would actually like to know your opinion on this? The movie on itself, the bashing, transsexuals in our society...

Ironacally I had just talked about wanting to see more acceptance for transsexuals and transgenders in our society to a fellow getdare user...

Tell me! Tell me all! ALL!

Spoiler:
And there are actually no zombies in this post. I just thought this might attract more people. BRAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNZZZZZZSSSS!!!

Spoiler:
And yes, this post is pink. Deal with it! Maybe it's because I love Lana's hair so much! God, I want hair like that, but mine's too short. :(

Yes: Puppy Play, Some Pain, Anal, Messy, Some Scat, Pee.

No: Public, Family, Illegal, Spanking.

My Toys:
Vibrating Butt-plug, O-ring with nipple clamps, Vibrating clamps, Blindfold, Any houshold object.
Thepainvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
peaceful_soul
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepainvain View Post
So, via yahoo I stumbled upon this:

Clicky for original news post
Clicky for movie of awesome meeting of awesome people

Three directors talking about a movie they make, which sounds pretty wobbling awesome.

Here you can find information on the book it's based on, also called Cloud Atlas:
Clicky for Cloud Atlas on Wikipedia

Now, as you may have noticed, one of the directors is a transsexual. (Which of course, had to be yahoo's headline. )

It's Lana Wachowski, formerly Larry Wachowski and part of The Wachowski Brothers (Siblings? Now? Confusion!)

Sadly, looking through the comments I saw an awful lot of bashing. People saying various gross and mean things, amongst others you could see:

"Who is that funny looking man in the middle?"
"There is no she in this video. Sorry"
"The fuck is that thing in the center? It's fucking hideous."
"GROSS!"

And worst of all:

"I can't stand trannies. They should all be killed."

Which got 4 likes untill now. Four likes! Four people agreeing that humanity should kill all transsexuals...

It makes me sad. Just sad....

So, without further blah from my side, I would actually like to know your opinion on this? The movie on itself, the bashing, transsexuals in our society...

Ironacally I had just talked about wanting to see more acceptance for transsexuals and transgenders in our society to a fellow getdare user...

Tell me! Tell me all! ALL!

Spoiler:
And there are actually no zombies in this post. I just thought this might attract more people. BRAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNZZZZZZSSSS!!!

Spoiler:
And yes, this post is pink. Deal with it! Maybe it's because I love Lana's hair so much! God, I want hair like that, but mine's too short. :(
You had my hopes up with zombie... I'll get back to you on this one. lol

Got a question or looking for a friend?
my inbox is alway open PM me
*Interesting individuals welcome.*

"Life to too short to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde
peaceful_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
peaceful_soul
Account Banned

I'm not really too sure what it's all about. But it's important to understand that no matter who you are, you will always, always find hate in this world. The best thing it to just stay true to your feelings and express yourself.

Got a question or looking for a friend?
my inbox is alway open PM me
*Interesting individuals welcome.*

"Life to too short to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Last edited by peaceful_soul; 07-31-2012 at 06:20 PM.
peaceful_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #4
child4930
Account Banned

I agree with you, no matter what our gender or sexual preferences we should all be treated like normal human beings
child4930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
Thepainvain

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_soul View Post
I'm not really too sure what it's all about. But it's important to understand that no matter who you are, you will always, always find hate in this world. The best thing it to just stay true to your feelings and express yourself.
I agree. I was just very shocked by all the hatred in this single video. There are always people that don't understand or even hate what you are or do.

I mean, nowadays, if something like this happened on a video of a homosexual, there would be all kinds of people judging those commentators and feeling shocked and blah. But because its a transsexual, noone really cares. There were very few comments that actually defended Lana and those were mostly ignored by the majority. I know that for example homosexuals aren't integrated wholely and perfectly into our society, but I think it's a shame that we still treat transsexuals like we did treat homosexuals 50-100 years back...

Yes: Puppy Play, Some Pain, Anal, Messy, Some Scat, Pee.

No: Public, Family, Illegal, Spanking.

My Toys:
Vibrating Butt-plug, O-ring with nipple clamps, Vibrating clamps, Blindfold, Any houshold object.
Thepainvain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk