Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
peaceful_soul
Account Banned

Default Thinking about getting a tattoo

So I'm going to keep this brief... but basically I'm thinking about getting the BDSM symbol (Google it). Why? Because BDSM has/is one of the only things in this life that I am truly passionate about. It's a good enough reason for me. My question to you guys is this. Do you think it would be a safe to have it somewhere exposed? I was thinking on my forearm. Anyways... Just in the thinking stage of this idea, but it's something that I could see myself getting, and I'm not even big on tattoos or piercings. It would be my first and probably only one.

Gin.

Got a question or looking for a friend?
my inbox is alway open PM me
*Interesting individuals welcome.*

"Life to too short to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde
peaceful_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
suboptimal
Baby Member

I wouldnt put such a thing exposed to public on my forearm. Its for you, not other people isnt it? :P
Maybe on the inner side of the upper arm? This way u decide when and to whom it is exposed, no problems in job with short shirts and even on the beach u can decide if its hidden or not
suboptimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
peaceful_soul
Account Banned

Thanks for the reply. You bring up a really good point, it is just for me. So having it exposed really shouldn't be a priority. The upper arm is a good idea, or possibly my chest. I also took into account the work environment. These days, we can't express ourselves at work if it shows any offense to others, so probably having an exposed tattoo with such a derogatory meaning would probably be unethical.

Got a question or looking for a friend?
my inbox is alway open PM me
*Interesting individuals welcome.*

"Life to too short to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde
peaceful_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Pet Phoenix
Distinguished Member

All that said, I honestly think you'll be very hard pressed for people who Aren't into S&M who know what that symbol represents. If you have it somewhere visible work, etc may still object, simply because it's a tattoo but I don't think you need to worry about anyone who isn't into the scene knowing what it means. People may ask and then its up to you - depending on the person and the place/time - whether you explain its meaning or just say it is a symbol you liked (or even come up with a plausible 'backstory' if you wanted XD)

As for those who DO understand it's meaning, weelll~ I personally always loved the idea that I was giving away something, just a little bit naughty about myself. All you'd end up doing, is signalling your interest in S&M to other people who are into it.

To confirm this, you could draw out a simple version of the symbol or tattoo design you might be getting and run it past your friends/people who know about you but maybe don't know about S&M. See what their reactions are.

There's my thoughts ^^' I have a bit of a thing for doing tattoo designs, have done a few I'd love to get myself but I'd have to like my body more first I think ><

extreme anal, pain, bondage, toys, enemas, mild cbt, non-consensual, humiliation, denial,
flagellation/spanking, crossdressing, nipple play, heavy cbt,
milking, watersports, urethral, chores, daipers, friends, public, wax/fire, e-stim
scat, worship, family
Pet Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk