Old 05-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
Mr.Blue

Question Which type of personality are you?

Hey there, GetDare community! I have a question for you all: Which type of personality below best describes you?

Do you differ from the type closest to you or are the descriptions spot on? If you selected "Other" then what personality would you describe yourself as and what would be the traits? Any feedback/discussion on this is welcomed thanks!

Type A - "The Perfectionist"
These types of people are very intelligent but usually also very narcissistic. They tend to be introverts and spend most of their time by themselves perfecting one task at a time. Perfectionists are unable to multi-task at all but excel at getting really good at something much faster than others because they are continually grinding. They are slow but sure learners and have a strong sense of independence. A big downside to being a true perfectionist is that while you may be really good at a one thing you will be lacking in other skills.

Pros: Determined, Able to reach higher skill caps than others since they spend so much time on one thing, very confident in what they do in life because they do it so well, high drive, extremely competitive
Cons: Lacking variety, predictable, stubborn, close minded, overly competitive, very self conscious/too hard on themselves, antisocial/unable to work well with others unless they are the leader, overly cocky sometimes, addictive personality

Type B - "Jack of all Trades"
The opposite of a perfectionist. This type of person prides themselves on being capable or at least semi-capable at everything and will even go out of their way to learn new things. Often very social and adventurous, a Jack of all Trades thrives in uncertain conditions and is very spontaneous. Constantly multitasking and acquiring new skills, this person is always reinventing themselves. A major downside to being a Jack (or Jane) of all Trades is that you will not be super great at any one thing. Perfectionists will usually easily beat you if you try to compete with them in what they are best at. Where you have the advantage is that you are far more versatile than they are and are able to adapt to new environments quickly. Because of this, a Jack or Jane of all Trades is far less likely to be outdated than a perfectionist.

Pros: Extremely versatile, social, works well with others whether leader or follower, adventurous, constantly evolving/adapting, great at multi-tasking and getting things done, enjoys life to the fullest
Cons: Average or below average in everything they do, short attention span/ability to commit to one thing, fickle, too unstable/unpredictable, unfocused, may be cocky or boastful of their many "talents"

Type C - "The Realist"
This personality is a mix between Type A and B. A "Realist" is basically someone I'd describe as a person who desires balance and efficiency above all else. These people must have high discipline in order to be this way. They are able to control their desires and emotions so that they get maximum results for their time put into something. For example, if all 3 types were to play a video game...say a racing game here would be the results: Type A would grind 1 race over and over until a record is set, Type B would beat every level but crappily done, and The Realist would beat half of the game but with respectable times in the same amount of time as the others.

I suppose it is a matter of preference which personality yields the best results but realists will usually perform better in life than the first two because of their name. They are REALISTS so they base their lives around the real world and not their own fantasies as much as the others who are a little more vain in their efforts.

Pros: smart, cunning, disciplined, focused, realistic, most fit for the real world out of the 3 personality types
Cons: may come across as average compared to the other types (Realists don't really stand out as much in life due to them being the most balanced but I believe that they have the most potential on average)

Note: All 3 types are more than capable at being successful in life, however. They just accomplish this in different ways.

Other: ???
Description: ???
Pros: ???
Cons: ???
(you may write your own personality type in your reply if you wish)

Also, I identify as Type A myself. I'm very much a perfectionist if you can't already tell so this all may be a bit biased lol

Last edited by Mr.Blue; 05-17-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Mr.Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
Pet Ra
getDare Devil

Hi

I guess I'm "Type A" - at least when it comes to others.
When someone gives me a task I try to make it perfect and put a good amount of efford in my reports and / or work.
When it comes to my own stuff I tend to be lazy and sometimes I don't put much efford in my work at all. Master then punishes me - justifiably

Kind regards

Ra

My AMA
My punishment / dare reports
My denial diary
My (sad and unhealthy) life as a pet-girl

My rules

Last (final) orgasm: 10th January 2024 11:17pm
Now permanent denied and locked in chastity
Edges since then: 2.789

Officially registered at slavereg.com
Slave number: 22-371-646-447
Pet Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Default This is me... the basics

- Anything crossed out doesn't apply to me; and
- everything in colour applies to me very much so.

These types of people are very intelligent but usually also very narcissistic. They tend to be introverted and spend most of their time by themselves perfecting one task at a time. Perfectionists are u̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶-̶t̶a̶s̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l but excel at getting really good at something much faster than others because they are continually grinding. They are slow but sure learners and have a strong sense of independence. A big downside to being a true perfectionist is that while you may be really good at a one thing you will be lacking in other skills.

Pros: Determined, Able to reach higher skill caps than others since they spend so much time on one thing, v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l, h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e, extremely competitive
Cons: L̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶v̶a̶r̶i̶e̶t̶y, predictable, stubborn, c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶e̶d, overly competitive, very self conscious/too hard on themselves, antisocial/unable to work well with others unless they are the leader, o̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s, addictive personality

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:37 PM   #4
Mr.Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
- Anything crossed out doesn't apply to me; and
- everything in colour applies to me very much so.

These types of people are very intelligent but usually also very narcissistic. They tend to be introverted and spend most of their time by themselves perfecting one task at a time. Perfectionists are u̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶-̶t̶a̶s̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l but excel at getting really good at something much faster than others because they are continually grinding. They are slow but sure learners and have a strong sense of independence. A big downside to being a true perfectionist is that while you may be really good at a one thing you will be lacking in other skills.

Pros: Determined, Able to reach higher skill caps than others since they spend so much time on one thing, v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l, h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e, extremely competitive
Cons: L̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶v̶a̶r̶i̶e̶t̶y, predictable, stubborn, c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶e̶d, overly competitive, very self conscious/too hard on themselves, antisocial/unable to work well with others unless they are the leader, o̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s, addictive personality
Hey, that's a pretty neat idea you did with the crossed out lettering. The descriptions I made were a rough generalization so it's nice to see that there are different types of perfectionists out there!
Mr.Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #5
poetrylover828
getDare Sweetheart

Type B Jack of all trades
Pros: Extremely versatile, social, works well with others whether leader or follower, adventurous, constantly evolving/adapting, great at multi-tasking and getting things done, enjoys life to the fullest

Cons: Average or below average in everything they do, short attention span/ability to commit to one thing, fickle, too unstable/unpredictable, unfocused

Type C the realist
Pros: smart, cunning, disciplined, focused, realistic, most fit for the real world out of the 3 personality types

Cons: may come across as average compared to the other types (Realists don't really stand out as much in life due to them being the most balanced but I believe that they have the most potential on average)

I think these two are the closest to how I am if mixed. If I had to pick one I think I would be more of a Jack of all trades. The biggest no for that was the possibility of bragging. I tend not to for various reasons.

Limits: anal, piss, scat, video, pics, permanent damage

Don’t send me messages asking to help with your dare or help you shop. If I want to take parts in dares I will. If you need someone to pick out the things you are buying then you don’t need to being doing dares.

I'm not looking for a partner.
poetrylover828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:09 PM   #6
your wedgie slave

[QUOTE=Mr.Blue;3285650] Type C - "The Realist"
This personality is a mix between Type A and B. A "Realist" is basically someone I'd describe as a person who desires balance and efficiency above all else. These people must have high discipline in order to be this way. They are able to control their desires and emotions so that they get maximum results for their time put into something. For example, if all 3 types were to play a video game...say a racing game here would be the results: Type A would grind 1 race over and over until a record is set, Type B would beat every level but crappily done, and The Realist would beat half of the game but with respectable times in the same amount of time as the others.

I suppose it is a matter of preference which personality yields the best results but realists will usually perform better in life than the first two because of their name. They are REALISTS so they base their lives around the real world and not their own fantasies as much as the others who are a little more vain in their efforts.

I would certainly describe myself as a realist i do my best to be able to perform every task fairly well. I am the person my friends tend to turn to for advice and counseling in sensitive situations. the last reason i know for certain i am a realist is the fact that i do come across as a very average person. i usually take the back seat in conversations imputing when i think it will benefit other in the conversation or help move it forward.

Likes: wedgies, anal, enema, dice dares, messy dares, pee, minor crossdressing (panties), will at least try anything once

dislikes: scat, extremely long dares

limits: blood, family, public

i have a thread adding pumps to my plug currently here https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=368688

i have panties, rope, lube, a normal plug,an inflatable plug, vibrating beads, and an enema kit

Kik: Mr.Jbailey
your wedgie slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:12 PM   #7
lta9613
Distinguished Member

I would be:

Other: THE CHAMELEON
Description: Able to blend in with all types of people. Able to succeed but at a cost.
Pros: Can get along with everyone. Can succeed in most if not all situations at a personal cost.
Cons: Does not always convey emotional distress, at a detriment to self.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:10 AM   #8
rhode64
getDare Patriot

Send a message via AIM to rhode64 Send a message via MSN to rhode64 Send a message via Yahoo to rhode64
Default me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Blue View Post
Hey there, GetDare community! I have a question for you all: Which type of personality below best describes you?

Do you differ from the type closest to you or are the descriptions spot on? If you selected "Other" then what personality would you describe yourself as and what would be the traits? Any feedback/discussion on this is welcomed thanks!

These types of people are very intelligent but usually also very narcissistic. They tend to be introverts and spend most of their time by themselves perfecting one task at a time. Perfectionists are unable to multi-task at all but excel at getting really good at something much faster than others because they are continually grinding. They are slow but sure learners and have a strong sense of independence. A big downside to being a true perfectionist is that while you may be really good at a one thing you will be lacking in other skills.

Pros: Determined, Able to reach higher skill caps than others since they spend so much time on one thing, very confident in what they do in life because they do it so well, high drive, extremely competitive
Cons: Lacking variety, predictable, stubborn, close minded, overly competitive, very self conscious/too hard on themselves, antisocial/unable to work well with others unless they are the leader, overly cocky sometimes, addictive personality

Type B - "Jack of all Trades"
The opposite of a perfectionist. This type of person prides themselves on being capable or at least semi-capable at everything and will even go out of their way to learn new things. Often very social and adventurous, a Jack of all Trades thrives in uncertain conditions and is very spontaneous. Constantly multitasking and acquiring new skills, this person is always reinventing themselves. A major downside to being a Jack (or Jane) of all Trades is that you will not be super great at any one thing. Perfectionists will usually easily beat you if you try to compete with them in what they are best at. Where you have the advantage is that you are far more versatile than they are and are able to adapt to new environments quickly. Because of this, a Jack or Jane of all Trades is far less likely to be outdated than a perfectionist.

Cons: Average or below average in everything they do, short attention span/ability to commit to one thing, fickle, too unstable/unpredictable, unfocused, may be cocky or boastful of their many "talents"

Type C - "The Realist"

Note: All 3 types are more than capable at being successful in life, however. They just accomplish this in different ways.

Other: ???
Description: ???
Pros: ???
Cons: ???
(you may write your own personality type in your reply if you wish)

Also, I identify as Type A myself. I'm very much a perfectionist if you can't already tell so this all may be a bit biased lol
I am a bit of all of these none describe me perfectly
rhode64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
nina@
getDare Succubus

My personality type is closest to type A, however, one of the things I tend to be "perfectionist" about is optimisation and feel I am quite efficient and a multitasker in that sense. I am also more versatile and open minded than described in type A. Other than that most traits are there in me in different proportions.

As I am growing older I do see myself shifting towards or at least incorporating certain traits of being a realist and for the better.
nina@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:53 AM   #10
shiloh

I'm kind of a jack of all trades. I don't really feel pressure to be the best at anything, I never have. If I want to be able to do something, I jump right in. I don't like the implication, however, that I'm not especially good at anything. I'm an above average artist, I've entered competitions and come third and second before. But if I was a perfectionist, I don't think I'd be able to do art at all. I wasn't an artist my whole life, I picked it up in middle school simply because I wanted to be able to do it- I'm glad I wasn't scared not to be the best, bc that made it easier to start.

Limits: too much pain, public, pics or videos, poop, involvin others or animals

You can call me Shy for short 😘

I am not looking for a dom/domme right now, but would probably be willing to play! Feel free to message me when I'm online!

Ask me anything: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=330992
shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
personality, question, type