Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
aff587

Default Suggestion towards Banning

I just watched another rather popular thread getting the axe and I have no idea what for. If you ban people, write in the thread what exactly they are banned for, that would certainly help with teaching people what they are allowed to do and what not.

Thread in question: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...=271098&page=7

If this was sth about information of underage people, I assume a simple no in the thread yould have been enough, as OP was explicitly asking what is allowed and what not.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

The Ban List is public for all who log in to see so I'm not sure how much more information you would need. Also bear in mind that sometimes some reason have to be kept anonymous under specific circumstances (in cases of harrassment for ex.)

I did lock the thread, at least temporarily, simply to avoid it getting bumped at the moment. Should OP come back (and there is nothing certain at this point, that's all I can say here) I will re-open it.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:29 PM   #3
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aff587 View Post
Specifically on that thread - I am amazed by the number of naive people who thought that was real. Call me a cynic, but I lost count of the number of red flags after the first page.

Still, great entertainment though. Congrats to the guy who thought that up.
To play with me, you must be able to prove your gender.

Runesmith's Forgiveness thread - you're gonna need this

My stories:
Non-consensual Roleplay With a Stranger
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
The following 2 users say Thank You to Runesmith for this post:
Old 08-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #4
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runesmith View Post
Specifically on that thread - I am amazed by the number of naive people who thought that was real. Call me a cynic, but I lost count of the number of red flags after the first page.
Yet some of the most hilarious stuff came in the latter pages

Look, I'm not even going to comment on whether or not this was legit or not... But I'm going to say this:

There you have 67 people living in one house with thousands of sex toys. Yes, thousands.

That's an average of 14.9253731 toys per person. Sex toys aren't cheap, even the ones of questionable quality... Especially for people who can't afford living on their own.

Yet for some nebulous reason they only have one computer. No one seems to have any other mean to either log in or create an account for themselves somehow.

One computer. Thousands of sex toys.

Think about it. Take all the time you need.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #5
centurion01
getDare Addict

Thumbs down

I'm disappointed in the GetDare staff.

I myself reported users in the past, showing proof they were underage..
Yet no bans, and users still allowed to be active.

The ban page. Ha that's a joke.
People are banned sure we can see.. But the staff, rarely put anything meaningful for a reason.

The staff should realise it's the member that keep this site active.
I've lost track of how many member that stopped using this site because of crap staff.

Whether the users are legit or not, if they aren't breaking the rules, why ban them..

Yet as that user was temp banned, for asking a question..

It's beyond a joke.

I messaged 2 staff about that user, advising to allow layla to explain, including contact details.
The staff have not contacted her as of yet.

Some Users get banned for a single breach on the sites rules, other blatantly get ignored.
Countless "girls" on this site who are men, who identify as "girls" in threads ban them..
Oh why not?
Because their classed them selves as a sissy..

I have seen how some staff in the past have banned users for nonsickle reasons.
I have seen how some staff don't bother to enforce the rules.
I have little respect to most staff because of this.

The staff need to be looked in to.

If the staff member that banned had spoken with Layla, and actually asked they would may have known of the situation..

I have known 6 girls banned for underage, because someone said they were..
I get subs I play with asking proof of ID.
Then theirs underage members that people give proof for , and aren't banned WTF staff..

Edit.
Sex toys are more expensive in different places.
Example, a toy(same make and style) in the UK let's say £10 Canada $20, I've been to Belgium a few times can say the are cheap, I myself last time over their bought a few items, 6 in total and paid €14.
So no means expensive.

I did a count on my Toys and items used as toys, I came to 72.
I'm sure I missed some. And in honesty I'm not into it as some friends.
A toy can be items from wooden spoons, 3 for £1 in the UK.
To rope £0.18/m..
To actual sex toys..

Likes - Dislikes - Limits - Toys

Kik - Centurion03

Pm Dares -
PM Dares

Last edited by centurion01; 08-10-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #6
J.M.N
Getdare's Head Whore

I haven't messaged the used in question because nothing she is going to say is going to change anything, why waste my time arguing.

As for ban reasons, the ban list being shown to everyone is just an added extra of this site, personally if put a reason for every user i'd banned it would just be "they broke site rules" that's all people need to know

[20:16:43] Jameser: ‹@J.M.N› don't worry you're definitely one of the lads here

[22:05:21] 1Pupil: Best moderator of getDare to me

One day when the light is glowing
I’ll be in my castle golden
But until the gates are open
I just wanna feel this moment

"Bdsm. That's were u get spanked!"

I love weiners and nuts.

"JMN is the one that most the tweenagers want to see in a kilt"
Old 08-10-2016, 10:33 AM   #7
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Since last May I have banned one user over a hundred times for dodging. I was not aware I had to provide a "meaningful" reason especially when this concerns no one but "her". In fact, most of the usernames you see on the first few pages of the ban list is one and the same person.

But eh my bad for not always providing "meaningful" reasons

Quote:
The staff should realise it's the member that keep this site active.
And other members should realize that moderators and admins are ALSO members who are volunteering their time and not paid employees working for you.

Quote:
I messaged 2 staff about that user, advising to allow layla to explain, including contact details.
The staff have not contacted her as of yet.
Just because you "advised" us on how we should handle the situation does not mean it's going to happen according to your wishes. Personally, I have other things to do than chit chat with people over messenger. As shocking as this may sound, I have other things going on in my life besides getDare.

But just so you know: just because we did not do what you advised us does not mean we are doing nothing. We have a discussion about this situation because guess what: it was not just about a question asked. And really that's all you need to know at this point because it does not concern *you*.

P.S.: I see you have missed the point entirely on my comment about sex toys. But hey some people are suckers for good stories so I won't spoil it for you more than I apparently already have

Bottom line is that as much as you want to you are still not entitled to every single pieces of banal information that we have to deal with daily. If that is not to your liking then that's on you. You can decide to suck it up and continue to use the site. Or to keep complaining. Or to leave and start your own site with your own rules that you will enforce as you see fit.
Closed Thread