Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 11-10-2018, 11:59 AM   #16
Cstelle
gD Curio

Swatch

Ok - I have no excuses. I couldn't be bothered to come up with any naughty add-ons, so today I just gave myself to the Great God Puzzle. I started after noon and finished (if I indeed have finished for today) at nine-ish in the evening. Forgot to eat. Did nothing but placed pieces. Didn't even get dressed today...

1) I regret it now. I feel I wasted a day. I didn't even listen to music while I puzzled.
2) I started to feel that weird "just one more piece, then I'll stop"-thing. I don't like it.

Yes - it was a wet and dark day and I wouldn't have done anything "better" - but I almost feel that the Great God Puzzle stole my Saturday.

Tomorrow I'll come up with some naughtiness in order to be more in the present (and less in the puzzle trance), and I'm going to limit the puzzling to three hours!

[EDIT: This sounds like I hated today! I didn't mean that! I had a VERY pleasurable day! I just feel that at some point in the pm I "accidentally" started sort of competing. One more! One more! I can do one more! That sort of thing. But I did have fun today!]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	puz7.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	8409  

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.

Last edited by Cstelle; 11-10-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Cstelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:54 AM   #17
Cstelle
gD Curio

Swatch

Aaah! I did it again! I edged and fell off! Grrr! I meant to try a new thing to slow down my puzzle laying (because I'm almost finished!): I meant to do one naughty thing after each successfully placed piece. 1) Put on cock ring, 2) edge, 3) put on butt plug, 4) edge, 5) put on super painful wooden pegs, 6) edge, 7) take selfie with all above plus hardone, 8) eddddDDDGGGAAAAH!

Plus I think I broke my nipples - they don't stop hurting. (I don't do pain at all well...)

I've still got some puzzle-laying time left, so I won't upload a progress pic yet.

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:39 AM   #18
Cstelle
gD Curio

I am speechless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Puzz8.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	8410  
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2018, 04:08 AM   #19
Cstelle
gD Curio

Swatch Speechlessness verbalised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstelle View Post
I am speechless.
I kept waiting for an explosion. I thought that surely I would go up in a nuclear cloud of frustration --- but that feeling of non-closure (oh so familiar from other parts of my life!) didn't materialise. Weirdly, unexpectedly, I felt that the mystery of the last piece didn't take away from the fun I had had.

I suppose I could email the company with a complaint - but even if they sent me the correct piece (or a new box) I won't be doing the puzzle again.

It's just life, innit. I guess I'm beginning to accept that nothing ever goes the way I expect or wish. (And this was such a small thing. Barely one square inch.)

Old 12-01-2018, 06:59 PM   #20
Wize Will

Quote:
I am speechless.
This is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Are you sure about the pieces next to it? Perhaps the piece just to the left could be swapped?
Wize Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:04 AM   #21
Cstelle
gD Curio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wize Will View Post
Are you sure about the pieces next to it? Perhaps the piece just to the left could be swapped?
I'm sure. Just look at the shape of the piece and the shape of the "hole". Somehow one of the pieces had been changed.

Thought: because of the nature of assembling jigsaw puzzles - one keeps adding pieces that fit - a bad surprise (a missing/faulty/duplicate piece) must needs come last. Which is the reason for why the "missing piece" thing is a thing at all. --- See, even a broken puzzle can teach us something!

BTW, I found a great place for online puzzles: Jigsaw Explorer

Old 12-02-2018, 06:03 PM   #22
Wize Will

Quote:
I'm sure. Just look at the shape of the piece and the shape of the "hole". Somehow one of the pieces had been changed.
Look again. It looks like the one to the left could fit in the current hole, that way both pieces fit.
Attached Images

Last edited by Wize Will; 12-02-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Wize Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:55 AM   #23
Cstelle
gD Curio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wize Will View Post
Look again. It looks like the one to the left could fit in the current hole, that way both pieces fit.
I see what you mean! You turn the upper piece...

The shapes & sizes aren't right. Sadly I didn't take a better photo - but perhaps you can see it in this quick'n'dirty photoshopping (Gimp, actually)?

Notice especially the lower male apendage of the extra piece: it is almost triangular.

I think there was also an issue with the colour.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2018, 03:42 PM   #24
Cstelle
gD Curio

Lidl is apparently selling 1500-piece Clementoni jigsaw puzzles of Schloss Neuschwanstein (in winter!!) for under 7€...!

Old 02-28-2019, 01:23 AM   #25
Cstelle
gD Curio

Swatch Online jigsaw puzzles

If you're sitting by a computer, have a look at the Jigsaw Explorer website! It is very, very good - the best online jigsaw site I've seen.

Advertisements
Kink Talk