Old 07-07-2018, 11:59 PM   #1
small one

Default how long can a story be?

I am writing a story and was wondering how many words can each part of the story be before it wont let me post it?

LIMITS-no pics or cam, full public, scat.

LIKES- horse riding, fishing, long walks and bike rides.

KINKS- bdsm, insertions, into submission, roll playing, pet play, humiliation.

Open to answering anyone's questions but don't be pushy or demand things from me (have a mistress for that)

Dont have KIK sorry.
small one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:24 AM   #2
alli55

I don't know what the actual limit is (or even if there is one), but I try to keep my posts to no more than 3,000 or so words as a rule. I have gone up to about 5,000 once or twice, but I feel that was a bit too long to make for an easy read.

I don't know what others think, but I'm always conscious that people on here seem to want to dip in and out fairly quickly a lot of the time, so that's why I try to keep the posts smaller. But I am definitely not a fan of stories posted in tiny bite-sized pieces, like some on here are. Give your reader enough to get into, at least, that's what I say!

Hope this helps. Good luck with your story writing!
alli55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to alli55 for this post:
Old 07-08-2018, 02:27 AM   #3
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

I've seen people make consecutive story posts. If it's too long, post the remainder in the next one.
Joan Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:29 AM   #4
Simi

I think the character cap in most sections on the forums is approximately 10,000. I'm not sure if its longer in the story area.

Come join our free Getdare Minecraft Server!
More players are always welcome!

Want to be interrogated?
Assorted questionnaire links!

Training Threads:

Fantasised about being hypnotised and trained?
Visit the Hypnosis Training Advice thread!

Become a piss slut at the
Piss drinking Academy

About me, and likes/limits
My bdsm test
Torment a Piggy (Pm Dares)
Simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:55 AM   #5
Joker50
Distinguished Member

Like most things here the site machines will tell you if its too long.

Personally I like to read the story behind the story rather than just want some thing that starts;
She ripped her clothes on the barbed wire and stood naked in the field, took the vibrator from the bag she had tossed over the fence and then as her friends watched, brought herself to orgasm as she thought about how good it was going to be now all her friends knew she could be treated like the sub human she had always wanted them too.

And I prefer:

She ripped her brand new dress on the barbed wire as she crawled underneath it. She had lost the truth or dare game when she had admitted on truth that she liked to be ordered about, especially during sex, on her next turn they had offered her truth or dare and she had chosen truth but her friends had asked why she hadn't taken dare, when she replied, truthfully, she had a new dress on and didn't want to get it ruined, they had ganged up on her and told her it was a lame answer and had lost the game and a forfeit was required.

She removed her floral bra and panties set and then tossed the set to the girls on the other side who immediately ripped it all to shreds on the barbs on their side, laughing as they did so and then turning their attention back to her.
'You lost now, do as you are told and fuck yourself' yelled one.

She stood naked in the field, nervously looking round, as she reached for the bag she had tossed over the fence earlier. From it she pulled the vibrator, wiped her fingers up and down her pussy rubbing at her clit and then once ready she pushed the throbbing item inside her wet hole. As her friends watched she brought herself to orgasm, smiling to herself as she thought about how good it was going to be, now that all her friends finally knew she could be treated like the sub human she had always wanted them too.

Okay it doesn't make a lot of sense but you get the point: the trouble is writing like this uses space and so you end up with chapters.

Limits: Cbt, Anal. Pain. Poo. Family. Pics for the right person.
Joker50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #6
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

The answer is at the end of this thread.

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=210307
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to MarvHarvey for this post:
Old 10-10-2019, 01:31 AM   #7
BarefootAlien
Barer of Feet

Well the Wheel of Time is something like 12,000 pages, and The Legend of Drizzt is at three dozen books and counting, each about 400-600 so a story can be quite long, I'd say.

Oh, you meant before the text box bitches that you wrote too much? Erm... no idea. XD

I most enjoy giving dares involving exhibitionism, nudity, orgasms, and bare feet.

I like to give dares/commands to people who are eager and grateful to obey, not ones who have to be blackmailed or brow-beaten into doing things.

I do not support chastity or long-term denial. My philosophy as a dom is almost diametrically opposed.

I adore, encourage, and truthfully answer, virtually all questions.
BarefootAlien is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk