Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-13-2020, 05:19 AM   #1
Dskywere
Account Banned

Smile Long time lurker, first time member

hey

so i just joined after lurking for years, mostly did some of the dares listed here in private, but thought i'd join to give me an excuse to share hehe

so I've made 3 threads in total with mixed success, which has prompted me to ask, when looking through dare request threads what is it you like to see? i.e loads of detail, basic overviews, a list of stuff to pick dares from etc and do you prefer to post to the thread or just PM dares?

looking through the request TORD section i see some threads get 300+ replys and others get 50+ while some others only see 2 replys - seems like a lot of variance there to me

just basically looking to improve my threads in the future ^^
Dskywere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:02 AM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

I'm more likely to reply to a thread if it has the following things.

- If the circumstances during which the dares can be done is unique. For instance, on vacation, at a hotel, during an event, while camping, with certain friends, et cetera. An example of a boring thread is asking for dares to do alone in the next hour.

- I need basic information to come up with something. For instance, sex, age, likes, dislikes, limits, toys, et cetera. But it's best to list these things in the signature, not to clog up the thread post itself.

- The thread post shouldn't be huge but it has enough information to interest me. It should be apparent what you're looking for exactly without having to read too many paragraphs.

- A descriptive title. Some bad title examples are looking for humiliation dares or give me edges. Although the last one is very descriptive, it leaves nothing to the imagination and is simply boring. Some good title examples are girls vacations or just found my girlfriend's toy stash!

- The poster itself must seem interesting. There must be at least both a signature and an avatar. And if our interests aren't similar in the least, I probably won't reply. For instance, I'm not into WAM so I'm not interested in giving WAM dares to others.

- In most cases, a girl has a 1 - 0 head start.

And I like to reply to threads with few replies. This will give me the feeling that my post is appreciated, more so than when I post on a thread on which ten other people have replied already.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 04-13-2020 at 03:43 PM. Reason: weird phrasing
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to RiskyFlame for this post:
Old 04-13-2020, 02:47 PM   #3
tangula
Switchy Devil

As it happens, Cassandra wrote a blog with some views on this as well just two days ago

Interview time: A. Lurker by Cassandra

tangula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 02:50 PM   #4
Dskywere
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangula View Post
As it happens, Cassandra wrote a blog with some views on this as well just two days ago

oooh, well thats handy - i have found Cassandra's blog to be rather helpful
Old 04-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #5
Dskywere
Account Banned

Quote:

just had a read of it, in fairness i never expected tons of reply's - i was just asking what peoples preference is when it comes to threads so i can improve them in the future is all

certainly loads of good info in that blog entry though
Old 04-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #6
tangula
Switchy Devil

Yeah, but it is a bit of a mix with a good part of the person posting it involved - mainly going on to the 'mixed success'.
A thread from an anonymous of almost blank user wouldn't attract much attention (I know all too well )

I have 'trouble' translating/projecting my own fantasies/idea onto others; usually 'simply' thinking they won't be liking it anyway (but that's "my" issue)
So for me, a thread with items to pick from would be easier to respond to. But I do like some level of detail of what's going to happen.

Readability is also quite important. A certain level of structure and interpunction goes a long way. Spelling too. It does not necessarily have to be perfect (I'm sure my posts will not be either), but nicely readable.

And of course, it would need to match my interests. If there's nothing I like, there is a much lower chance of me responding.
But if it's a "nice person", with a list of items to choose from; it could even get a reply from me, even though it will not be in my likes.

The following user says Thank You to tangula for this post:
Old 04-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #7
Dskywere
Account Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but it is a bit of a mix with a good part of the person posting it involved - mainly going on to the 'mixed success'.
A thread from an anonymous of almost blank user wouldn't attract much attention (I know all too well )

I have 'trouble' translating/projecting my own fantasies/idea onto others; usually 'simply' thinking they won't be liking it anyway (but that's "my" issue)
So for me, a thread with items to pick from would be easier to respond to. But I do like some level of detail of what's going to happen.

Readability is also quite important. A certain level of structure and interpunction goes a long way. Spelling too. It does not necessarily have to be perfect (I'm sure my posts will not be either), but nicely readable.

And of course, it would need to match my interests. If there's nothing I like, there is a much lower chance of me responding.
But if it's a "nice person", with a list of items to choose from; it could even get a reply from me, even though it will not be in my likes.
Are you accusing me of being blank and anonymous? Hehehe
I’ll have you know I have spent the last few days making my profile as interesting as I can possibly make it, there’s even pictures (a whole 60 of them) n everything, I even coloured my profile :P - I’ve even finished making my PM dares List (that I hope no one reads since I’m cruel to myself, and some of them I’m even embarrassed to share lol) - the mixed success thing I mentioned was to do with my 1st thread getting 2 PMs, 2nd thread getting 1 reply and my AMA thread got 1 reply - so the first thread I made with basic detail got more interest than a fully detailed thread or even a free form ask my questions thread - which I find to be really interesting actually

I do think for future threads I’m going to have lists that people pick from, probably make 3 lists and set the rules to be pick one item from each list - and I think I’m going to make my threads completely different from my PM dares maybe have a theme or something

Tbh I’m dyslexic so spelling and grammar isn’t my strong suit, so if spelling and grammar is abit janky then I’m sorry hehe

I’m kinda the same with projecting fantasy’s - sometimes I’ll reply to a post, hit send then have instant regret thinking the person will just think I’m a weirdo 😂

I’d say my interests are super niche for the most part, aside from the more bdsm/kinky interests I have - dunno, I’ve always just set myself tasks or met people in real life through recon for humiliation and other kink fun, actually had afew meets planned before this lockdown drama but sadly had to cancel (thanks covid) - and anything I did from self tasks or people in-person ends up on my Twitter, Twitter is where all my content exclusively lives these days

But I’m here now, so will try and interact with as many people as possible on here and see what happens - hopefully goes well
Old 04-14-2020, 08:34 AM   #8
tangula
Switchy Devil

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskywere View Post
Are you accusing me of being blank and anonymous? Hehehe
Not at all! Just describing the edges of the spectrum

Quote:
I’ll have you know I have spent the last few days making my profile as interesting as I can possibly make it, there’s even pictures (a whole 60 of them) n everything, I even coloured my profile :P - I’ve even finished making my PM dares List (that I hope no one reads since I’m cruel to myself, and some of them I’m even embarrassed to share lol) - the mixed success thing I mentioned was to do with my 1st thread getting 2 PMs, 2nd thread getting 1 reply and my AMA thread got 1 reply - so the first thread I made with basic detail got more interest than a fully detailed thread or even a free form ask my questions thread - which I find to be really interesting actually
It is.. Also, sometimes, I think it may just be 'the time'. Threads can drift to the bottom of the list quickly, and be forgotten. Might need some luck to have someone catch interest and reply while it's in focus.

Quote:
But I’m here now, so will try and interact with as many people as possible on here and see what happens - hopefully goes well
More people, more joy! it will go well

The following user says Thank You to tangula for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk