Old 02-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #1
Butterfly's Prisoner
Account Banned

Default Post counts

I've been mulling over something that I find a bit annoying and I wanted to share it will all of you.

I know that in posts in the Person above TorD section don't really count towards a user's total and I am aware of the reasoning behind that - quite a few of these posts add little substance to the forum, and I think people have spammed in threads there just hoping to raise their post count. I can see the logic in that.

However, it bothers me that we also have threads such as this one https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=356673 in which people will just repeatedly post keywords, yet these posts DO count towards a user's total. So we have a situation in which a fairly thoughtful dare posted in a person above thread doesn't really add to my totals, but merely posting keywords does. I feel that's hardly fair and skews the users' totals.

(And just in case: of course I'm not complaining that these threads exist, and the greatest argument I can use is that I'm linking to one I've opened. I'm only pointing out the arbitrariness in choosing which posts should count.)

I'm not really sure about what's the best solution here, anyway. Maybe the posts in the person above TorD section should count, or maybe everything inside Request TORD online shouldn't. I guess it would be ideal to have it on a thread-by-thread basis, but even if it's possible with gD's forum software, it just feels like giving the mods unnecessary work. So yeah, food for thought.

Likes: anal, toothpaste, enemas, feet, edging, creative dares, trying out new stuff.
Dislikes/punishments: pee drinking, heavy anal, pain, long dares.
Limits: scat eating, public, friends/family/work, needles, extreme pain, blood play, face pictures, crossdressing.
Butterfly's Prisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Butterfly's Prisoner for this post: