Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 11-13-2021, 03:52 PM   #1
Sweex

Default Why is everybody still holding on to KIK?

I can't get my head around why people still use KIK, when there are, in my opinion, better options out there!

I find KIK really limited in its use. The two main things I don’t like about KIK is that you can not, without using 3th party software, use it on your PC. And recently they have added ads popping up.
Other things I don’t like is that I find KIK to be really slow in sending the messages trough.
And also after a while your conversation history gets deleted.

The two positive things about KIK is that it shows that the picture which is sent is made with the KIK app at that moment and you can see if a message is sending (S), Delivered (D) or Read (R).

Personally I like Google chat the best because it works well with google docs, sheets, mail and drive.
You can use it on multiple platforms including Phone, PC and tablet and maybe more I don’t know.
It has no annoying ads which pop up and turn you off when you are having an arousing conversation.
Also it keeps your chat history until one, both or all, in a group chat, want to delete it.
Google chat sends the messages almost instantly and it shows when the other person(s) has read it.

There is no feature that you can see if the picture is made with the Google chat app, as far as I know, but I do believe there are different methods you can use to make sure the person has made the picture at that moment. And then there is always trust especially if you know each other better.
There are probably other, free, message apps out there but I like to use Google chat so that's why I ranted about that. KIK is the most used but I have no clue why.

I am interested in what you all have to say about it and what you like to use and why.
Sweex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:36 AM   #2
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

3 words - Kik is anonymous.
To play with me, you must be able to prove your gender.

Runesmith's Forgiveness thread - you're gonna need this

My stories:
Non-consensual Roleplay With a Stranger
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Runesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:57 AM   #3
Matt:
getDare Cultist (Inner Circle)

I must admit kik has a lot of disadvantages, seems to glitch a lot and the ads are annoying. But it is more anonymous and is better for groups, especially public groups (even if kik has restricted groups more lately)

I have no problem using google chat for 1 on 1 chat (can use a different ID/email) but yet to really find an alternative app for easily searchable public group chat, most others you really need to know others or get invites to groups.

Current Rule - I have to do all picture requests by females and I must show my full face

Sam, forever in my heart, I will always miss you <3
Matt: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #4
ShannW
getDare Sweetheart

I feel you, not being able to use it on pc is a Huge disadvantage aside from that I really like it, but for that only disadvantage If I have choice I use other, I'm using discord lately
ShannW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:20 PM   #5
Wimble

I only use Kik because most others here do. But I hate it. The spam bots, the random crashes, frequently losing chats, and the inactive groups.

I'm a convert to Telegram. It's so much more stable, also anonymous (but does need phone number to join), can be used on desktop too, far fewer spam bots, and loads of good big active kinky groups.

The only downside is that it can be hard to find groups at first. With that in mind, I'm happy for anyone to message me there and I'll help invite you to a few.

Yes: Nudity, pics, dice dares, humiliation, exposure, light pain and CBT, showing face, info/blackmail
Dislikes: Toothpaste, pegs, piss, bodywriting
No: Feminisation, slapping/smacking, edging, long tasks, ABDL, people with no/empty GetDare profiles.
Wimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 04:32 AM   #6
PowerDom

It's true, Kik is now-a-days pretty much unusable due to their ads, but why would you want to use Google instead? It's a horribly invasive platform that seeks to pilfer all of your data.

Think about degoogling your digital life, because at this stage they've already compiled a data profile on you that possibly spans multiple decades.
PowerDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 04:40 AM   #7
biciporrero

Default yes

It's anonymous plus the dice features are perfect for a lot of our dares.

Limits: long dares, personal info, family, too public, dangerous, illegal, financial, blackmail, bodywriting, diapers, scat, exposure with face.

Toys: Chastity cage, small butt plug, medium buttplug, small dildo, medium dildo, large dildo, clothespins

Kik and Skype is biciporrero
biciporrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:25 PM   #8
user_224

Default Confused by it as well

Just for fun I did a Google search for "Kik vs Telegram" and in all results, Telegram came out on top every time by a land slide!

It's so anonymous and secure the Russian Government couldn't shut it down lol
So it still baffles me why kik still exists, but hell, I know people that still use Windows XP, that's just how it is sometimes.

Midnitedesires.com
user_224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 03:53 PM   #9
SteffiStar

Discord is doing a great job as well tbh, but that's the only alternative I can think of.

I tried Telegram but I was unable to (easily) find groups based on nsfw/kinky interests.

Likes: chastity, humiliation, feminization, sissies/femboys, toys, anal, public hidden, exhibitionism, (light)pain

Absolutely hell-no: pee, poo, blood, needles, permanent marks, public involvement and anything illegal.
SteffiStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 12:12 PM   #10
theeman55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteffiStar View Post
Discord is doing a great job as well tbh, but that's the only alternative I can think of.

I tried Telegram but I was unable to (easily) find groups based on nsfw/kinky interests.
The problem with discord is they keep a log of all your chats and what you said. It isn't anonymous. Telegram is great for being anonymous it was built to beat china and Russia censorship
theeman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 12:20 PM   #11
Wimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteffiStar View Post

It's true that finding groups is hard at first. But once you find one or two it becomes a lot easier to find more. A bit of googling for your interests is a good start. Or message someone else from here who has Telegram in their sig.

I'm happy to help anyone looking for gay kink and exposure groups. Drop me a line!

Yes: Nudity, pics, dice dares, humiliation, exposure, light pain and CBT, showing face, info/blackmail
Dislikes: Toothpaste, pegs, piss, bodywriting
No: Feminisation, slapping/smacking, edging, long tasks, ABDL, people with no/empty GetDare profiles.
Wimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 11:33 AM   #12
Slave572

KIK has groups that are not in other social networks. Make a directory of links to groups in MeWe, Telegram, or Wickr Me, and people will come there.
Slave572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 09:51 PM   #13
sallygirl

That is a good question, I left KIK a while ago now and have no regrets.
sallygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:17 PM   #14
Ace_E360
getDare Sweetheart

Inertia and anonymity. Inertia in that people still use it because most people here still use it... A terrible reason but that's the way humans are.

Anonymity in that (for me at least) Kik is such a dumpster fire that no real-life social group would ever use it. Meaning if it's in Kik, it's kinky, so I only ever open Kik in a place where that's appropriate. Also means I can turn off Kik notifications except when appropriate. No risk of kinky conversations alongside non-kinky either. "Sorry, I mean to send that sexually explicit message to someone else" goes over a lot better with another kinky play partner than it does with your grandmother...
6.5 inches - 6'5" - 200 lbs

Not looking for a long-term dominant.

Likes, limits, and toys
PM DARES
Rules and always-in dares

PM or kik me to add PM Dares and/or rules.
Ace_E360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 11:33 PM   #15
levu
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by biciporrero View Post
It's anonymous plus the dice features are perfect for a lot of our dares.
I haven't been able to get Dice to work on Kik in like three years
Showme: pic what I'm currently wearing (if anything)
Lastpic last picture taken
Strip strip and send a picture

38/NB (AMAB)/PDX, OR, USA
Likes, want to try, Limits
levu is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk