Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 05-08-2018, 11:20 PM   #16
fromo
Distinguished Member

Ultimately, the level of job you go for shouldn't matter, starting low can generally be a big help for you to get a bigger understanding of the workforce and generally with problem solving ands well as drawing you out of your shell. I've started low in a retail environment and have been starting to work up,I was shy and largely kept to myself, but gradually the people around me in work with have drawn me out of that shell and allot about myself has improved ands a result, things take time there. One thing you need to remember is there are going to be milions just like you in your situation. For the time being, set yourself a goal to aim for, do anything you can to better yourself in the mean time.
Ultimately the mask aspect is something everyone deals with to anythings pet certain aspect (hell, some of the subs I've owned... there is no way their mothers would of known anything about some of the things they get up to). All I can say there is remain strong and keep aiming for your goal of independence, once you can attain that allot of options will open up for you as well as planning your next goal.
Will find a vessel in the paleblood moon..."

My Current Add Searching For A Sub:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=431569
fromo is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to fromo for this post:
Old 05-08-2018, 11:27 PM   #17
MasterMichaelNY
Account Banned

Hey Alexis

First off, as pointed out, everybody goes thru what your going thru right now. As for your degree, I don't know what it is in, but a lot of people have to move in order to find work, and when I say move, like a few states over. Let me put a though in your head, have you checked out the Military, and becoming a officer, I'm sure they would have the type of work your looking for, and best yet, you can retire in 20 to 25 years

My Nephew, is going to college now, and his major is auto engineering. When he is done, he will not be able to find a job here in New York, he's going to have to move to Texas, or Ohio, or another corn state.

One of my cousins, has a Master's degree, he couldn't find work, and he is working as a janitor in a school. Also his Mother found the job for him. His sister, has a degree in business, and the only work she could find is being a store manager. Also, they live in the Metro New York area. So you see it's kind of bad all around. Sometimes you need to think positive, and also think outside of the box.

As for your Mom, and family. Again, everybody goes thru this. Just keep this in mind. Even when she is 80, your still going to be her baby. Just hang in there until you get your own place. I had to do this when I was in my mid 20s. I went into the military, and got out, and had to move back in. It SUCKED, until I moved out.

As for work, yea you have to wear a mask. There is a degree of professionalism that your employer expects from you. That's why it's called Work, and not Fun.

As for everybody else. Fuck them, if they don't like you, they don't have to be your friend. Also don't worry about what they think.

Now, if you decide the Military thing isn't for you, you need to play Tarzan. Take a Job (Just over broke), and keep your eyes open for something that pays more, and swing to that job, and just keep swinging until you find a CAREER. Just like Tarzan, he has to swing from vine to vine, to get from point A, to point B. Just keep on moving up. In order to do that, you need to start swinging, and stop looking at the vine.

As for the low paying jobs that your worried about what the employer thinks. They know you have a degree, and they know, if your offered something better your going to leave. But guess what, they need to hire somebody to do the job, so that way they can make money NOW. There not going to wait for the perfect employee to walk thru the door, they need to move now, and make money. Also since they know you have a degree, if they like you, and they want to keep you, there going to offer you something better as soon as they can.

Anyway, good luck.
Just grab that first vine, and see were it takes you.

Kik, MasterMichaelNY
Email, [email protected]
MasterMichaelNY is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to MasterMichaelNY for this post:
Old 05-08-2018, 11:31 PM   #18
MasterMichaelNY
Account Banned

Oh, I forgot about the shyness.

Shyness is from being too worried about what the other person thinks about you.

My advice is Fuck Them.

Once you don't care, you'll be surprised how freeing it is.

Another thing, I'm going to bite this in the ass before you even think it. Alot of people here in New York do this, they identify what they do for work. Note, some people do this, but they are miserable fucks, they don't have a life, and they don't have a personality. All they have in there life is there title, that it, and they try to look down on people. Their life sucks, and they want to bring everybody down. Now just keep this in mind. You job doesn't define you as a person. Remember that, get that tattoo on your butt. Then the next time somebody walks up to you and says, Hi I'm Doctor Jones, and I'm the head of special surgery at St. Anns. Then you go: Hey Doc, I got something on my ass, you want to take a look at it, and telll me what it is.

Kik, MasterMichaelNY
Email, [email protected]

Last edited by MasterMichaelNY; 05-08-2018 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Add on
MasterMichaelNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #19
pixie.dust
Precious Gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMichaelNY View Post
Hey Alexis

First off, as pointed out, everybody goes thru what your going thru right now. As for your degree, I don't know what it is in, but a lot of people have to move in order to find work, and when I say move, like a few states over. Let me put a though in your head, have you checked out the Military, and becoming a officer, I'm sure they would have the type of work your looking for, and best yet, you can retire in 20 to 25 years

My Nephew, is going to college now, and his major is auto engineering. When he is done, he will not be able to find a job here in New York, he's going to have to move to Texas, or Ohio, or another corn state.

One of my cousins, has a Master's degree, he couldn't find work, and he is working as a janitor in a school. Also his Mother found the job for him. His sister, has a degree in business, and the only work she could find is being a store manager. Also, they live in the Metro New York area. So you see it's kind of bad all around...
Hello Sir,

I have looked into the military, would be a decent way of life with great benefits. However, I would have to lie in MEPS to get in and could get jail time if discovered. I have dyslexia and depression (both are in my medical records at school and elsewhere) which would disqualify me for the military. I would need top-security clearance for the position and this would be discovered after some time.

I don't openly admit I have these in civilian interviews or applications as the same would be said for them, only with less ramifications. The most that could happen if discovered is being fired for lieing or something. I used to be honest, but I never got any bites at all.... Then I stopped being honest and all of the sudden... Bam... The next week I was getting calls. Discrimination is very real, the problem is... It can't really be proven. It is why I hate those self-volunteer identification things... They lead to discrimination to a degree.

Anyways, sorry for my rant, I just get tired of posturing and the application process for all of these companies. They take forever and then their computer program is probably auto rejecting me.

I know that I am giving it 2 - 3 weeks and I will starting looking into the trucking stuff. Just live in in a truck and save every penny towards retirement. Basically see it as a 20-30 year Stent and then I can buy a little house and be happy.

I would rather have an 8 - 5 (m-f) job where I could have a bed at home with showers and pretty dresses and such(I like to be pretty, sue me) . Pretty sure I could get away with having a mini skirt, bra and panties in a truck. Could say they are "souvenirs" and the like. Don't know if they inspect the inside or not. Doubt I could have dresses, wigs, dildos, makeup, etc.. Maybe some tight jeans and a more feminine shirt. Plus I could grow my hair out, would be kind of normal. But definitely would be better if I could have a home and a standard job that allowed me to still see family.

I will try to keep my chin up and keep at it, there are a bunch of people in my shoes as fromo and others have already said. I believe the unemployment rate is a bit higher than what they are currently saying it is. That wouldn't include me as I haven't been fired, so.... Yeah

I may give it a tad longer, don't want to jump the gun. :/

-little alexis

Likes || Limits!

Currently owned by Daddy Komodo Jones

Last edited by pixie.dust; 05-09-2018 at 03:25 PM.
pixie.dust is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to pixie.dust for this post:
Old 06-14-2018, 04:07 PM   #20
pixie.dust
Precious Gem

Just an up-date,

I might be able to find something soon, it won't pay all of the bills. But it is better then nothing. I guess, maybe I will be able to study for an IT certification while working and then I will have better odds of getting a good job while working. Though it doesn't have any transferable skills towards IT. It might actually hurt me... I don't know.

-little alexis

Likes || Limits!

Last edited by pixie.dust; 06-15-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #21
cloudness
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Alexis View Post
Just an up-date,

I might be able to find something soon, it won't pay all of the bills. But it is better then nothing. I guess, maybe I will be able to study for an IT certification while working and then I will have better odds of getting a good job while working. Though it doesn't have any transferable skills towards IT. It might actually hurt me... I don't know.

-little alexis
Good job! I hope thing's work well for you remember I am here to talk, if you need someone ^^
Old 10-25-2022, 06:47 PM   #22
pixie.dust
Precious Gem

Hi all,

Just thought I would give an update, I have grown soo much since I made this post. I blossomed into the woman that I really am, both to family/friends and publicly/work. This helped to free up lots of my stress I had back in the day when I first made that post. I was dealing with a lot back then as I was still living in denial then, despite knowing deep down who I really was!!!

I did manage to find a job!!!!

I am however wanting to find one that pays more and has better benefits for grs and other things. But I had forgotten that I made this post as it was super long ago and got a message from marvharvey.

I wanted you all to know that I still very much appreciate it all and if you ever need anything, please reach out and I will be happy to talk!!!

-Pixie Girl

Likes || Limits!

Advertisements
Kink Talk